It’s been quite a productive week! Here’s what’s been going on within the Apache Community:
ApacheCon™ –the official conference series of The Apache Software Foundation.
– NEXT WEEK: Europe events 1) Apache: Big Data (28-30 September), and 2) ApacheCon: Core Europe (1-2 October). See you in in Budapest! http://apachecon.com/
ASF Board –the ASF Board is responsible for management and oversight of the business and affairs of the corporation in accordance with the Foundation’s Bylaws.
– Upcoming Board Meeting: 14 October. Board calendar and minutes available at http://apache.org/foundation/board/calendar.html
ASF Infrastructure –our distributed team on four continents keeps the ASF’s infrastructure running around the clock.
– 6M weekly checks yielded a stellar 99.99% uptime over the past week http://status.apache.org/ Check against established SLAs http://status.apache.org/sla/
Apache Accumulo™ –a robust, scalable, high performance data storage system that features cell-based access control and customizable server-side processing.
– Apache Accumulo 1.5.4 released http://accumulo.apache.org/downloads/
Apache Groovy (incubating) –a multi-facet programming language for the JVM.
– Apache Groovy 2.4.5-incubating http://www.groovy-lang.org/download.html
Apache Kerby™ –a Java Kerberos binding that provides a rich, intuitive and interoperable implementation, library, KDC and various facilities that integrates PKI, OTP and token (OAuth2) as desired in modern environments such as cloud, Hadoop and mobile.
– Apache Kerby 1.0.0-RC1 released http://directory.apache.org/kerby/downloads.html
Apache Log4j™ –a well known framework for logging application behavior.
– Log4j 2.4 released http://logging.apache.org/log4j/2.x/
Apache Lucene™ –a high-performance, full-featured text search engine library written entirely in Java.
– Apache Lucene 5.3.1 released http://lucene.apache.org/core/mirrors-core-latest-redir.html
Apache NiFi™ –an easy to use, powerful, and reliable system to process and distribute data.
– Apache NiFi 0.3.0 released http://nifi.apache.org/download.html
Apache Olingo™ –a Java library which enables developers to implement OData service providers (server) and consumers (clients).
– Apache Olingo 4.0.0 released http://olingo.apache.org/doc/odata4/download.html
Apache Sentry (incubating) –a system to enforce fine grained role based authorization to data and metadata stored on a Hadoop cluster.
– Apache Sentry 1.6.0 incubating released http://www.apache.org/dyn/closer.cgi/incubator/sentry
Apache Solr™ –the popular, blazing fast, Open Source NoSQL search platform from the Apache Lucene project.
– Apache Solr 5.3.1 released http://lucene.apache.org/solr/mirrors-solr-latest-redir.html
Apache Subversion™ –an Open Source centralized version control system characterized by its reliability as a safe haven for valuable data; the simplicity of its model and usage; and its ability to support the needs of a wide variety of users and projects, from individuals to large-scale enterprise operations.
– Apache Subversion 1.9.2 released http://subversion.apache.org/download.cgi#recommended-release
Apache Traffic Server™ –a fast, scalable and extensible HTTP/1.1 compliant caching proxy server.
– Apache Traffic Server 6.0.0 released http://trafficserver.apache.org/downloads
Did You Know?
– Did you know that the ASF Infrastructure team’s new tracker maps (live!) 10K+ cities/5M+ unique Apache users at https://logsearch.apache.org/citymap.html?
– Did you know that Getty Images uses Apache Solr to search millions of images? http://lucene.apache.org/solr/
Apache Community Notices:
– The list of Apache project-related MeetUps can be found at http://apache.org/events/meetups.html
– The Apache BigTop Workshop will be held 25 September in Budapest http://workshops.bigtop.rocks/
– Apache: Big Data and ApacheCon: Core Europe will be held 28 September – 1 October in Budapest http://apachecon.com/
– The next CloudStack Collaboration Conference will be held 8-9 October in Dublin http://events.linuxfoundation.org/events/cloudstack-collaboration-conference-europe
– MesosCon Europe will take place 8-9 October in Dublin http://events.linuxfoundation.org/events/mesoscon-europe
– The next Lucene/Solr Revolution will be held 13-16 October in Austin http://www.lucenerevolution.org
– The Apache Roadshow returns to China: Containers/Cloud/Big Data/Incubation & more 24-25 Oct in Beijing http://www.huodongxing.com/event/9291887966700
– Apache CloudStack will hold a MeetUp in London on 12 November http://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/cloudstack-european-user-group-tickets-18631038939?aff=es2
– The ASF will be at FOSDEM 2016 in Brussels 6-8 February 2016 https://fosdem.org/
– The ASF Operations Summary: First Quarter, Fiscal Year 2016 (May-July 2015) is available at http://s.apache.org/c2P