Happy Friday, everyone –let’s review the Apache community’s activities from over the past week:
ASF Board – management and oversight of the business affairs of the corporation in accordance with the Foundation’s bylaws.
- Next Board Meeting: 19 October 2022. Running Board calendar and minutes are available.
ASF Infrastructure – our distributed team on three continents keeps the ASF’s infrastructure running around the clock.
- 7M+ weekly checks yield uptime at 99.99%. Performance checks across 50 different service components spread over more than 250 machines in data centers around the world. View the ASF’s Infrastructure Uptime site to see the most recent averages.
Apache Code Snapshot – Over the past week, 243 Apache Committers and 653 contributors changed 3,675,673 lines of code over 3,418 commits. Top five contributors, in order, are: Gary Gregory, Jean-Baptiste Onofré, Mark Thomas, Harikrishna Patnala, and Sebastian Rühl.
Apache Project Announcements – the latest updates by category.
Big Data –
- Apache Tika 2.5.0 released
Cloud Computing –
- Apache Kafka 3.3.1 released
- Apache Camel 3.19.0 released
- Apache Lucene 9.4.0 released
- Apache Tomcat 9.0.68 released
- Apache Airflow 2.4.1 and new versions of Airflow Providers packages released
- CVE-2022-41672: Session still functional after user is deactivated
- Apache in 2021 – By The Digits + Video highlights
- The Apache Way to Sustainable Open Source Success
- Foundation Reports and Statements
- Presentations from 2021’s ApacheCon Asia and ApacheCon@Home are available on the ASF YouTube channel.
- “Success at Apache” focuses on the people and processes behind why the ASF “just works.”
- Follow the ASF on social media: @TheASF on Twitter and The ASF page LinkedIn.
- Follow the Apache Community on Facebook and Twitter.
- Are your software solutions Powered by Apache? Download & use our “Powered By” logos.
For real-time updates, sign up for Apache-related news by sending mail to firstname.lastname@example.org and follow @TheASF on Twitter. For a broader spectrum from the Apache community, Planet Apache provides an aggregate of Project activities as well as the personal blogs and tweets of select ASF Committers.
Have an item? Contact us!
We try to catch all the major announcements and goings on at The ASF, but we’re not all-knowing. Have an item you want to see in the weekly round-up? Send it to email@example.com.