We’re wrapping up a great week in Miami at ApacheCon, with thanks to all our attendees, event sponsors, organizers, producers, staff, volunteers, and the greater Apache community of developers, users, and enthusiasts –we miss you already. Here’s what happened this week:
Support Apache –if Apache software has helped you, please consider making a donation, no matter the size. Every dollar counts. http://apache.org/foundation/contributing.html
ASF Board –management and oversight of the business and affairs of the corporation in accordance with the Foundation’s bylaws.
– Next Board Meeting: 21 June 2017. Board calendar and minutes http://apache.org/foundation/board/calendar.html
ApacheCon™ –the official conference of the Apache Software Foundation. Tomorrow’s Technology Today.
– Presentations from ApacheCon https://s.apache.org/Hli7 and Apache: Big Data https://s.apache.org/tefE
– Videos of keynotes + presentations are now available https://s.apache.org/AE3m
– Soundbites from the conference floor https://feathercast.apache.org/
ASF Infrastructure –our distributed team on four continents keeps the ASF’s infrastructure running around the clock.
– 7M+ weekly checks yield outstanding performance at 99.98% uptime http://status.apache.org/
Apache Archiva™ –an application for managing one or more remote repositories, including administration, artifact handling, browsing and searching.
– Apache Archiva 2.2.3 released http://archiva.apache.org/
Apache Beam™ –Open Source unified programming model for batch and streaming Big Data processing.
– The Apache Software Foundation Announces Apache® Beam™ v2.0.0 https://s.apache.org/k5W7
Apache Buildr™ –a build system for Java-based applications, including support for Scala, Groovy and a growing number of JVM languages and tools.
– Apache Buildr 1.5.3 released http://buildr.apache.org/
Apache CarbonData™ –an indexed columnar data format for fast analytics on Big Data platforms such as Apache Hadoop and Apache Spark.
– Apache CarbonData 1.1.0 released http://carbondata.apache.org/
Apache Commons™ Compress –library defines an API for working with ar, cpio, Unix dump, tar, zip, gzip, XZ, Pack200, bzip2, 7z, arj, lzma, snappy, DEFLATE, lz4, Brotli and Z files.
– Apache Commons Compress 1.14 released http://commons.apache.org/compress/
Apache Directory™ Kerby –a Java Kerberos binding.
– Apache Kerby™ 1.0.0 released http://directory.apache.org/kerby
Apache NiFi™ MiNiFi –provides a complementary data collection approach that supplements the core tenets of NiFi in dataflow management, focusing on the collection of data at the source of its creation.
– Apache NiFi MiNiFi C++ 0.2.0 released https://nifi.apache.org/minifi
Apache PDFBox™ –an Open Source Java tool for working with PDF documents.
– Apache PDFBox 2.0.6 released http://pdfbox.apache.org/
Apache Qpid™ –implements the latest AMQP specification, the first open standard for enterprise messaging, and provides transaction management, queuing, distribution, security, management, clustering, federation and heterogeneous multi-platform support and a lot more.
– Apache Qpid JMS 0.23.0 released http://qpid.apache.org
Apache Samza™ –Open Source Big Data distributed stream processing framework in production at Intuit, LinkedIn, Netflix, Optimizely, Redfin, and Uber, among other organizations.
– The Apache Software Foundation Announces Apache® Samza™ v0.13 https://s.apache.org/CSbJ
Apache Tomcat™ –an Open Source software implementation of the Java Servlet, JavaServer Pages, Java Unified Expression Language, Java WebSocket and Java Authentication Service Provider Interface for Containers technologies.
– Apache Tomcat 7.0.78, 8.0.44, and 8.5.15 released http://tomcat.apache.org/
Apache Wicket™ –an Open Source Java component oriented web application framework that powers thousands of Web applications and web sites for governments, stores, universities, cities, banks, email providers, and more.
– Apache Wicket 7.7.0 and 8.0.0-M6 released http://wicket.apache.org/
Did You Know?
– Did you know that Autodesk’s private Cloud is powered by Apache CloudStack? http://cloudstack.apache.org/
– Did you know that Formula 1 races have 1.5 billions of data points for per race, and use Apache Drill, Flink, Hadoop, HBase, Hive, Kafka, MapReduce, Solr, and Spark for their Big Data architectures? http://events.linuxfoundation.org/sites/events/files/slides/fast_car_big_data_code_motion_carol3.pdf
– Did you know that over the past month, 1,086 Apache Committers changed 5,147,842 lines of code over 15,487 commits? http://status.apache.org/
Apache Community Notices:
– "Success at Apache" is a blog series that focuses on the processes behind why the ASF "just works". 1) Project Independence https://s.apache.org/CE0V 2) All Carrot and No Stick https://s.apache.org/ykoG 3) Asynchronous Decision Making https://s.apache.org/PMvk 4) Rule of the Makers https://s.apache.org/yFgQ 5) JFDI –the unconditional love of contributors https://s.apache.org/4pjM 6) Meritocracy and Me https://s.apache.org/tQQh
– The latest Apache Community Newsletter https://blogs.apache.org/comdev/entry/community-development-news-april-2017
– Do friend and follow us on the Apache Community Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/ApacheSoftwareFoundation/ and Twitter account https://twitter.com/ApacheCommunity
– The Apache Phoenix community will be holding PhoenixCon on 13 June in San Francisco https://www.eventbrite.com/e/phoenixcon-2017-tickets-32872245772
– Catch the Apache Ignite and Spark communities at the In-Memory Computing Summit 20-21 June in Amsterdam and 24-25 October in San Francisco https://imcsummit.org/
– ASF Operations Summary – Q3 FY2017 https://s.apache.org/NKFz
– The list of Apache project-related MeetUps can be found at http://apache.org/events/meetups.html
– Find out how you can participate with Apache community/projects/activities –opportunities open with Apache HTTP Server, Avro, ComDev (community development), Directory, Incubator, OODT, POI, Polygene, Syncope, Tika, Trafodion, and more! https://helpwanted.apache.org/
– ApacheCon North America + Apache: BigData, CloudStack Collaboration Conference, FlexJS Summit, Apache: IoT, and TomcatCon will be held 16-18 May 2017 in Miami http://apachecon.com/
– Are your software solutions Powered by Apache? Download & use our "Powered By" logos http://www.apache.org/foundation/press/kit/#poweredby
# # #