Welcome July! Let’s take a peek at what’s happened this week:
ASF Board –management and oversight of the business and affairs of the corporation in accordance with the Foundation’s Bylaws.
– Next Board Meeting: 20 July 2016. Board calendar and minutes available at http://apache.org/foundation/board/calendar.html
ASF Infrastructure –our distributed team on four continents keeps the ASF’s infrastructure running around the clock.
– 7M+ weekly checks yield sunshine-y performance at 99.20% uptime http://status.apache.org/
ApacheCon™ –the official conference series of The Apache Software Foundation.
– CFP and registration now open for Apache: Big Data and ApacheCon Europe –14-18 November 2016 in Seville, Spain http://apachecon.com/
Apache Bahir™ –Big Data extensions for distributed analytic platforms such as Apache Spark.
– The Apache Software Foundation Announces Apache® Bahir™ as a Top-Level Project https://s.apache.org/Kvrp
Apache Jackrabbit™ Oak –a scalable, high-performance hierarchical content repository designed for use as the foundation of modern world-class Web sites and other demanding content applications.
– Apache Jackrabbit Oak 1.4.4 released http://jackrabbit.apache.org/downloads.html
Apache Lucene™ –a high-performance, full-featured text search engine library written entirely in Java.
– Apache Lucene 5.5.2 released http://www.apache.org/dyn/closer.lua/lucene/java/5.5.2
Apache OODT™ –Open Source Big Data middleware metadata framework.
– The Apache Software Foundation Announces Apache® OODT™ v1.0 https://s.apache.org/z9pk
Apache Slider (incubating) –a YARN application that deploys existing distributed applications on YARN, monitors them, and makes them larger or smaller as desired.
– Apache Slider 0.91.0-incubating released http://www.apache.org/dyn/closer.cgi/incubator/slider/0.91.0-incubating/
Apache Solr™ –the popular, blazing fast, Open Source NoSQL search platform from the Apache Lucene project.
– Apache Solr 5.5.2 released http://www.apache.org/dyn/closer.lua/lucene/solr/5.5.2
– 700-page Solr Reference Guide for 6.1 released https://www.apache.org/dyn/closer.cgi/lucene/solr/ref-guide/apache-solr-ref-guide-6.1.pdf
Apache Syncope™ –an Open Source system for managing digital identities in enterprise environments, implemented in Java EE technology.
– Apache Syncope 2.0.0-M4 released http://syncope.apache.org/downloads.html
Apache Tomcat™ –an Open Source software implementation of the Java Servlet, JavaServer Pages, Java Expression Language and Java WebSocket technologies.
– Apache Tomcat 7.0.70 released http://tomcat.apache.org/download-70.cgi
– [CORRECTION] CVE-2016-3092 Apache Tomcat Denial of Service http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/www-announce/201606.mbox/%3C6223ece6-2b41-ef4f-22f9-d3481e492832%40apache.org%3E
Did You Know?
– Did you know that we’re always looking for great ways to highlight Apache projects in our "Did You Know" campaigns? Send your success stories to <firstname.lastname@example.org>!
… so now that you know, we’re excited to hear from you ;^)
Apache Community Notices:
– Find out how you can participate with Apache community/projects/activities https://helpwanted.apache.org/
– The list of Apache project-related MeetUps can be found at http://apache.org/events/meetups.html
– Bangalore Mesos User Group will present Introduction to Apache Mesos on 9 July 2016 http://www.meetup.com/Bangalore-Mesos-User-Group/events/228745899/
– Atlanta Hadoop Users Group present Cutting edge with HBASE on 17 August 2016 http://www.meetup.com/Atlanta-Hadoop-Users-Group/events/230344766/
– CFP is open for the next Cassandra Summit 7-9 September 2016 in San Jose https://cfp.cassandrasummit.org/
– CloudStack Collaboration Conference Brasil will take place 29-30 September 2016 in Sao Paolo http://cloudstack.usp.br/en/index.php
– ApacheCon Europe will take place 14-18 November 2016 in Seville, Spain http://apachecon.com/
– The second ASF Annual Report is available at https://s.apache.org/pTMX
# # #