Happy Friday! The always-productive Apache community wrapped up another great week –here’s what happened:
ASF Board –management and oversight of the business and affairs of the corporation in accordance with the Foundation’s Bylaws.
– Next Board Meeting: 20 July 2016. Board calendar and minutes available at http://apache.org/foundation/board/calendar.html
ASF Infrastructure –our distributed team on four continents keeps the ASF’s infrastructure running around the clock.
– 7M+ weekly checks yield fantastic performance at 99.67% uptime http://status.apache.org/
ApacheCon™ –the official conference series of The Apache Software Foundation.
– CFP and registration now open for Apache: Big Data and ApacheCon Europe –14-18 November 2016 in Seville, Spain http://apachecon.com/
– Feel free to drop by #apachecon on the Freenode IRC network and share your thoughts!
Apache Calcite™ –a dynamic data management framework.
– Apache Calcite 1.8.0 released http://www.apache.org/dyn/closer.cgi/calcite/apache-calcite-1.8.0/
Apache Creadur™ Rat –a build tool focused on license audit, helping you to spot and fix missing license headers.
– Apache Rat 0.12 released http://creadur.apache.org/rat/download_rat.cgi
Apache HttpComponents™ Core –a set of low level HTTP transport components that can be used to build custom client and server side HTTP services with a minimal footprint.
– Apache HttpComponents Core 4.4.5 GA released http://hc.apache.org/downloads.cgi
Apache Mahout™ –an environment for quickly creating machine learning applications that scale and run on the highest performance parallel computation engines available.
– Apache Mahout 0.12.2 released http://mahout.apache.org/
Apache SystemML (incubating) –declarative large-scale machine learning (ML) that aims at flexible specification of ML algorithms and automatic generation of hybrid runtime plans ranging from single-node, in-memory computations, to distributed computations on Apache Hadoop MapReduce and Apache Spark.
– Apache SystemML 0.10.0-incubating released http://systemml.apache.org/
Apache Tomcat™ –an Open Source software implementation of the Java Servlet, JavaServer Pages, Java Unified Expression Language and Java WebSocket technologies.
– Apache Tomcat 9.0.0.M8 released http://tomcat.apache.org/download-90.cgi
– Apache Tomcat 8.0.36 and 8.5.3 available http://tomcat.apache.org/download-80.cgi
Did You Know?
– Did you know that Apache OFBiz is now a registered trademark? http://ofbiz.apache.org/
– Did you know that Apache Roller (our blog publishing platform) has a newly modernized user interface? Learn how you can help contribute! http://rollerweblogger.org/roller/entry/modernizing-the-roller-ui
– Did you know that we’re always looking for great ways to highlight Apache projects in our "Did You Know" campaigns? Send your success stories to <firstname.lastname@example.org>!
Apache Community Notices:
– Find out how you can participate with Apache community/projects/activities https://helpwanted.apache.org/
– The list of Apache project-related MeetUps can be found at http://apache.org/events/meetups.html
– PANCAKE STACK: Spark Recommender +Kafka +Cassandra +Streams +TensorFlow will be held 18 June 2016 in San Francisco http://www.meetup.com/Advanced-Spark-and-TensorFlow-Meetup/events/231133785/
– 海 Spark Meetup第九次聚会 will be held 18 June 2016 in Shanghai http://www.meetup.com/Shanghai-Apache-Spark-Meetup/events/231612662/
– Top 5 Mistakes When Writing Spark Applications will be presented 20 June 2016 in Chicago http://www.meetup.com/Chicago-Spark-Users/events/231373252/
– User Defined Functions and Materialized Views in Cassandra 3.0 will be held 20 June 2016 in Dublin http://www.meetup.com/Dublin-Cassandra-Users/events/231171356/
– Matt Pfeil and Patrick Callaghan talk Cassandra! on 20 June 2016 in London http://www.meetup.com/Cassandra-London/events/231859512/
– Come Together to Work on a Data Science Project will take place 20 June 2016 in San Francisco http://www.meetup.com/StudyGroups/events/231673184/
– Machine Learning Spain XIII will meet 20 June 2016 in Madrid http://www.meetup.com/MachineLearningSpain/events/231863173/
– Apache Beam/Google Cloud Dataflow will be held 20 June 2016 in Pittsburgh http://www.meetup.com/Pittsburgh-Code-Supply/events/231167546/
– Apache Kafka will meet up on 20 June 2016 in Vienna http://www.meetup.com/Papers-We-Love-Vienna/events/231318183/
– Tech Talk: PySpark will take place 20 June 2016 in Austin http://www.meetup.com/PyLadies-ATX/events/231494470/
– Intro to Apache Spark – Hands On will be held 21 June 2016 in Indianapolis http://www.meetup.com/Big-Data-Developers-in-Indianapolis/events/231593888/
– Apache Bigtop & Apache Apex (native Hadoop) will be held 21 June 2016 in San Jose http://www.meetup.com/Apex-Bay-Area-Chapter/events/231799208/
– Spark ML – Machine Learning Hands On w/ Matt Der will take place 21 June 2016 in Richmond http://www.meetup.com/RVA-Data-Hackers/events/231573981/
– Fast-Data (2nd Meetup event) will be held 21 June 2016 in McLean http://www.meetup.com/Fast-Data-DC-NoVA-MD-DC/events/231221600/
– Self Healing System Design + Spark on Knime will take place 21 June 2016 in Sydney http://www.meetup.com/Sydney-Apache-Spark-User-Group/events/230892723/
– Intro to Apache Spark – Hands On will be held 22 June 2016 in Louisville http://www.meetup.com/Louisville-BI-Big-Data-Analytics-Meetup/events/231614605/
– Introduction to Spark In-memory Computing will take place 22 June 2016 in Washington, DC http://www.meetup.com/Big-Data-Developers-in-DC/events/231023283/
– Cassandra Meetup will be held 22 June 2016 in Tel Aviv-Yafo http://www.meetup.com/Tel-Aviv-Cassandra-Users/events/231855312/
– How Better Measurement of User Outcomes Drives System Quality will take place 22 June 2016 in Santa Clara http://www.meetup.com/ContainerNetworking/events/231772850/
– Hands-on Intro to Machine Learning with Apache Spark and Apache Zeppelin will be held 22 June 2016 in Santa Clara http://www.meetup.com/futureofdata-siliconvalley/events/230910868/
– Spark Machine Learning Training will take place 22 June 2016 Atlanta http://www.meetup.com/Greater-Atlanta-Apache-Spark-Interactive/events/231756341/
– The Third Spark Meetup will take place 22 June 2016 in Pune http://www.meetup.com/Pune-Apache-Spark-Meetup/events/231618172/
– Options for Ingest: Elasticsearch Ingest Node and Apache Airflow will be held 22 June 2016 in San Francisco http://www.meetup.com/SF-Bay-Area-Data-Ingest-Meetup/events/231024947/
– Joint Meetup with SF Bay Area Data Ingest Meetup will be held 22 June 2016 in Mountain View http://www.meetup.com/Silicon-Valley-Elastic-Fantastics/events/231215994/
– AWS tips and tricks for Cassandra will take place 22 June 2016 in San Francisco http://www.meetup.com/CassandraSF/events/224881564/
– Bay Area Search will be held 22 June 2016 in San Jose http://www.meetup.com/Bay-Area-Search/events/229404315/
– Overview of Open Source Fast Data Platforms and Future Plans will take place 22 June 2016 Washington, DC http://www.meetup.com/Fast-Data-DC/events/230711519/
– How Spark can improve your Hadoop Cluster will be held 22 June 2016 in Hamburg http://www.meetup.com/Scala-Hamburg/events/231414246/
– High concurrency, low latency reporting within Hadoop platform will be held 22 June 2016 in Atlanta http://www.meetup.com/Atlanta-Hadoop-Users-Group/events/230344816/
– Spark RDD概念入門 will take place 22 June 2016 in Hsinchu http://www.meetup.com/Apache-Spark-Hsinchu/events/231850932/
– IT talk на тему BigData и IoT на конференции ICTERI will be held 23 June 2016 Kyiv http://www.meetup.com/IT-Talk-Kyiv/events/231859440/
– Apache Flink Crash Course – Meet the Squirrel will be held 23 June 2016 in Prague http://www.meetup.com/CS-HUG/events/231711892/
– Big Data in the Cloud with Zoomdata, Cloudera and Centurylink will take place 23 June 2016 in Raleigh http://www.meetup.com/Zoomdata-Big-Data-Meetup-Raleigh/events/231295179/
– Apache Metron Overview and Codelab: Building the next Generation Cyber Security will be held 23 June 2016 in Raleigh http://www.meetup.com/futureofdata-triangle/events/231440309/
– Interactive Data Analytics with Flink and Zeppelin will take place on 23 June 2016 in McLean http://www.meetup.com/DCFlinkMeetup/events/231718607/
– Distributed ML in Spark will be held 23 June 2016 in New York http://www.meetup.com/Spark-NYC/events/231796695/
– Ted Dunning on Anomaly Detection will be presented on 23 June 2016 in Seattle http://www.meetup.com/Seattle-DAML/events/231426676/
– Big Data at Twitter Scale will take place 23 June 2016 in Boulder http://www.meetup.com/Boulder-Denver-Big-Data/events/231339134/
– Open House: Big Data Processing with Apache Spark will take place 23 June 2016 in San Francisco http://www.meetup.com/Metis-San-Francisco-Data-Science/events/231743873/
– Spotkanie PJUG – Creating Test Tools oraz Data modeling with Apache Casandra will take place 23 June 2016 in Kraków http://www.meetup.com/Polish-Java-User-Group/events/231856240/
– Week 6 of Data Science Bootcamp – A summer of data, analytics and insight will take place 24 June 2016 in Toronto http://www.meetup.com/BDU-Toronto/events/231772526/
– SEA: Search Engines Amsterdam will meet 24 June 2016 http://www.meetup.com/SEA-Search-Engines-Amsterdam/events/228591927/
– Database Time! will meet 24 June 2016 in Berlin http://www.meetup.com/Big-Data-Beers/events/231386617/
– What the Hackathon? Will hold Build an Apache Apex (native Hadoop) Big Data Application on 25 June 2016 in San Jose http://www.meetup.com/Big-Data-native-Hadoop-Ingest-and-Transform-Bay-Area/events/231697973/
– Własna wyszukiwarka w oparciu o Apache Solr will be held 25 June in Warsaw http://www.meetup.com/StacjaIT/events/231557720/
– Understanding and Building Big Data Architectures will feature Apache Kafka on 25 June 2016 in Hyderabad http://www.meetup.com/hyderabad-scalability/events/229886391/
– Data Science for Developers will meet 25 June 2016 in Toronto http://www.meetup.com/BDU-Toronto/events/231698318/
– Visualizing Big Data will take place 25 June 2016 in Bangalore http://www.meetup.com/Real-Time-Data-Processing-and-Cloud-Computing/events/231857051/
– Bangalore Mesos User Group will present Introduction to Apache Mesos on 9 July 2016 http://www.meetup.com/Bangalore-Mesos-User-Group/events/228745899/
– Atlanta Hadoop Users Group present Cutting edge with HBASE on 17 August 2016 http://www.meetup.com/Atlanta-Hadoop-Users-Group/events/230344766/
– CFP is open for the next Cassandra Summit 7-9 September 2016 in San Jose https://cfp.cassandrasummit.org/
– CloudStack Collaboration Conference Brasil will take place 29-30 September 2016 in Sao Paolo http://cloudstack.usp.br/en/index.php
– ApacheCon Europe will take place 14-18 November 2016 in Seville, Spain http://apachecon.com/
– The second ASF Annual Report is available at https://s.apache.org/pTMX
# # #