Welcome June! We’re coming off a busy week of Apache-immersed conferences, summits, and symposia. We’ve had a productive week as well:
ASF Board –management and oversight of the business and affairs of the corporation in accordance with the Foundation’s Bylaws.
– Next Board Meeting: 15 June 2016. Board calendar and minutes available at http://apache.org/foundation/board/calendar.html
ASF Infrastructure –our distributed team on four continents keeps the ASF’s infrastructure running around the clock.
– 7M+ weekly checks yield cracking performance at 99.75% uptime http://status.apache.org/
ApacheCon™ –the official conference series of The Apache Software Foundation.
– Session recordings are available at http://feathercast.apache.org/tag/apacheconna2016/
– Next up: Europe! 14-18 November 2016 in Seville, Spain. Watch this space http://apachecon.com/
Apache Archiva™ –an application for managing one or more remote repositories, including administration, artifact handling, browsing and searching.
– Apache Archiva 2.2.1 released http://archiva.apache.org/
Apache Chemistry™ –the collection of Java libraries, frameworks and tools around the CMIS (Content Management Interoperability Services) specification .
– Apache Chemistry OpenCMIS 0.14.0 released http://chemistry.apache.org/java/download.html
Apache Commons™ CSV –library provides a simple interface for reading and writing CSV files of various types.
– Apache Commons CSV 1.4 released http://commons.apache.org/proper/commons-csv/download_csv.cgi
Apache Commons™ FileUpload –provides a simple yet flexible means of adding support for multipart file upload functionality to servlets and Web applications.
– Apache Commons FileUpload 1.3.2 released http://commons.apache.org/proper/commons-fileupload/download_fileupload.cgi
Apache Hive™ –data warehouse software facilitates querying and managing large datasets residing in distributed storage.
– Apache Hive 2.0.1 released https://hive.apache.org/downloads.html
Apache Log4j™ –a well known framework for logging application behavior.
– Apache Log4j 2.6 released http://logging.apache.org/log4j/2.x/
Apache Lucene™ –a high-performance, full-featured text search engine library written entirely in Java.
– Apache Lucene 6.0.1 released http://www.apache.org/dyn/closer.lua/lucene/java/6.0.1
Apache SIS™ –a spatial framework that enables better representation of coordinates for searching, data clustering, archiving, or other relevant spatial needs.
– Apache SIS 0.7 released http://sis.apache.org/downloads.html
Apache Solr™ –the popular, blazing fast, Open Source NoSQL search platform from the Apache Lucene project.
– Apache Solr 6.0.1 released http://www.apache.org/dyn/closer.lua/lucene/solr/6.0.1
Apache Struts™ –an elegant, extensible framework for creating enterprise-ready Java Web applications.
– Two security vulnerabilities reported http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/www-announce/201606.mbox/%3CCAMopvkOX0qosY3gtHz%2BpCo%3Do%2BAp86udmFBdUYfZKBkAJFtiJQA%40mail.gmail.com%3E
Apache VXQuery™ –will be a standards compliant XML Query processor implemented in Java.
– Apache VXQuery 0.6 released http://www.apache.org/dyn/closer.cgi/vxquery/
Did You Know?
– Did you know that Apache Flink and Apache Storm were winners in the 2016 SD Times’ 100 Best in Show Big Data and Business Intelligence category? http://sdtimes.com/sdtimes-100/2016/best-in-show/big-data-business-intelligence-2016/
– Did you know that you can help Apache projects? Apache HBase, Apache Mahout, Apache OODT, Apache POI, Apache Zest, and ComDev (Community Development) have active requests at https://helpwanted.apache.org/
Apache Community Notices:
– Find out how you can participate with Apache community/projects/activities https://helpwanted.apache.org/
– The list of Apache project-related MeetUps can be found at http://apache.org/events/meetups.html
– The next CloudStack Collaboration Conference will take place 1-3 June 2016 in Montreal https://www.eventbrite.ca/e/apache-cloudstacktm-conference-montreal-2016-tickets-23815552960
– Berlin Buzzwords will be held 5-7 June 2016 http://berlinbuzzwords.de/
– The CloudStack European User Group will take place 16 June 2016 in Berlin https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/cloudstack-european-user-group-tickets-23036757562
– Atlanta Hadoop Users Group present Cutting edge with HBASE on 17 August 2016 http://www.meetup.com/Atlanta-Hadoop-Users-Group/events/230344766/
– CFP is open for the next Cassandra Summit 7-9 September 2016 in San Jose https://cfp.cassandrasummit.org/
– CloudStack Collaboration Conference Brasil will take place 29-30 September 2016 in Sao Paolo http://cloudstack.usp.br/en/index.php
– ApacheCon Europe will take place 14-18 November 2016 in Seville, Spain http://apachecon.com/
– The Apache Software Foundation Operations Summary: Third Quarter, Fiscal Year 2016 (November 2015 – January 2016) is availbable at https://s.apache.org/9zLj
# # #