A friendly reminder to all to demonstrate your love for our projects and appreciation for all our volunteers’ hard work by giving full attribution: e.g., "Apache Cassandra", "Apache Hadoop", "Apache Spark", etc. After all, #BrandMatters. Here’s what happened over the past week:
ASF Board –management and oversight of the business and affairs of the corporation in accordance with the Foundation’s Bylaws.
– Next Board Meeting: 15 June 2016. Board calendar and minutes available at http://apache.org/foundation/board/calendar.html
ASF Infrastructure –our distributed team on four continents keeps the ASF’s infrastructure running around the clock.
– 7M+ weekly checks yield great performance at 98.50% uptime http://status.apache.org/
ApacheCon™ –the official conference series of The Apache Software Foundation.
– Session recordings are available at http://feathercast.apache.org/tag/apacheconna2016/
– Next up: Europe! 14-18 November 2016 in Seville, Spain. Details forthcoming at http://apachecon.com/
Apache BookKeeper™ –a reliable replicated log service.
– Apache BookKeeper 4.4.0 released http://bookkeeper.apache.org/releases.html
Apache Jackrabbit™ Oak –a scalable, high-performance hierarchical content repository designed for use as the foundation of modern world-class Web sites and other demanding content applications.
– Apache Jackrabbit Oak 1.2.15 and 1.5.2 released http://jackrabbit.apache.org/downloads.html
Apache Jena™ –an Open Source Java-based framework for building Semantic Web and Linked Data applications.
– Apache Jena 3.1.0 released http://jena.apache.org/download/
Apache JMeter™ –used to test performance both on static and dynamic resources (files, Servlets, Perl scripts, Java Objects, Data Bases and Queries, FTP Servers and more).
– Apache JMeter 3.0 released http://jmeter.apache.org/download_jmeter.cgi
Apache Mahout™ –an environment for quickly creating machine learning applications that scale and run on the highest performance parallel computation engines available.
– Apache Mahout 0.12.1 released http://mahout.apache.org
Apache Tajo™ –a Big Data warehouse system on various data sources.
– Apache Tajo 0.11.3 released http://tajo.apache.org/downloads.html
Apache Tika™ –a toolkit for detecting and extracting metadata and structured text content from various documents using existing parser libraries.
– Apache Tika 1.13 released http://www.apache.org/dyn/closer.cgi/tika/apache-tika-1.13-src.zip
Apache Tomcat™ –a Web server that is an Open Source software implementation of the Java Servlet, JavaServer Pages, Java Expression Language and Java WebSocket technologies.
– Apache Tomcat 8.5.2.BETA and 9.0.0.M6 released http://tomcat.apache.org/download-80.cgi and http://tomcat.apache.org/download-90.cgi
Did You Know?
– Did you know that over the past 2 weeks, 7,486 people sent 79,054 messages on 41,412 topics across 616 Apache lists? https://lists.apache.org/
– Did you know that Salesforce uses Apache Phoenix OLTP and operational analytics for Apache Hadoop in its Trusted Enterprise Platform? http://phoenix.apache.org/
Apache Community Notices:
– Find out how you can participate with Apache community/projects/activities https://helpwanted.apache.org/
– The list of Apache project-related MeetUps can be found at http://apache.org/events/meetups.html
– Apache NiFi will be featured in the UAE Big Data Group MeetUp in Dubai on 23 May 2016 http://www.meetup.com/UAE-Big-Data-Group/events/231157498/
– Apache Kafka will be featured in the San Antonio DevOps MeetUp 23 May 2016 http://www.meetup.com/SanAntonioDevOps/events/230908138/
– The In-Memory Computing Summit will take place 23-24 May 2016 in San Franciscso http://imcsummit.org
– The next HBaseCon will take place 24 May 2016 in San Francisco http://hbasecon.com
– Apache Kudu will be highlighted on 25 May 2016 in Plano http://www.meetup.com/DFW-Cloudera-User-Group/events/230547045/
– The SF Bay Area Apache Phoenix MeetUp will hold the first-ever PhoenixCon on 25 May 2016 in San Francisco http://www.meetup.com/SF-Bay-Area-Apache-Phoenix-Meetup/
– The Philadelphia Analytics Meetup will feature Apache SystemML on 25 May 2016 http://www.meetup.com/Philadelphia-Analytics-Meetup/events/231102733/
– The Scotland Data Science & Technology MeetUp will feature Apache Spark on 26 May 2016 in Edinburgh http://www.meetup.com/Scotland-Data-Science-Technology-Meetup/events/229687801/
– The London Machine Learning Study Group will feature Apache Quarks on 26 May 2016 http://www.meetup.com/London-Machine-Learning-Study-Group/events/230434565/
– MesosCon will be held 1-2 June 2016 in Denver http://events.linuxfoundation.org/events/mesoscon/
– The next CloudStack Collaboration Conference will take place 1-3 June 2016 in Montreal https://www.eventbrite.ca/e/apache-cloudstacktm-conference-montreal-2016-tickets-23815552960
– Berlin Buzzwords will be held 5-7 June 2016 http://berlinbuzzwords.de/
– CFP is open for the next Cassandra Summit 7-9 September 2016 in San Jose https://cfp.cassandrasummit.org/
– CloudStack Collaboration Conference Brasil will take place 29-30 September 2016 in Sao Paolo http://cloudstack.usp.br/en/index.php
– ApacheCon Europe will take place 14-18 November 2016 in Seville, Spain http://apachecon.com/
– The Apache Software Foundation Operations Summary: Third Quarter, Fiscal Year 2016 (November 2015 – January 2016) is availbable at https://s.apache.org/9zLj
# # #