We’re wrapping a great week at ApacheCon and Apache: Big Data more educated, enlightened, and with 50% more new attendees! And as anticipated, the Apache community has been hard at work around the globe as well. Here’s what’s happened:
ASF Board –management and oversight of the business and affairs of the corporation in accordance with the Foundation’s Bylaws.
– Next Board Meeting: 18 May 2016. Board calendar and minutes available at http://apache.org/foundation/board/calendar.html
ASF Fundraising & Sponsorship –the ASF relies on individual donors and corporate sponsors to help bolster existing projects, incubate new initiatives, and promote meritocratic, community-driven development "The Apache Way".
– Welcome to LeaseWeb as a Platinum Sponsor, and ODPi as a Gold Sponsor http://apache.org/foundation/thanks
ASF Infrastructure –our distributed team on four continents keeps the ASF’s infrastructure running around the clock.
– Even whilst offsite at ApacheCon, 7M+ weekly checks yield top shelf performance at 99.80% uptime. Well done, Mighty Infra! http://status.apache.org/
ApacheCon™ –the official conference series of The Apache Software Foundation.
– Recordings of sessions and keynotes will be announced soon. Watch this space.
– Next up: Europe! 14-18 November 2016 in Seville, Spain. Details forthcoming at http://apachecon.com/
Apache Apex™ –an enterprise grade native YARN big data-in-motion platform that unifies stream and batch processing.
– Apache Apex Core 3.4.0 released http://apex.apache.org/downloads.html
Apache Attic™ –provides process and solutions to make it clear when an Apache project has reached its end of life.
– Apache MRUnit retired http://attic.apache.org/projects/mrunit.html
Apache Camel™ –a powerful Open Source integration framework based on known Enterprise Integration Patterns.
– Apache Camel 2.17.1 released http://camel.apache.org/download.html
Apache Commons™ Crypto –a cryptographic library optimized with AES-NI (Advanced Encryption Standard New Instructions).
– Apache Commons Crypto component established http://commons.apache.org/crypto
Apache Commons™ CSV –library that provides a simple interface for reading and writing CSV files of various types.
– Apache Commons CSV 1.3 released http://commons.apache.org/proper/commons-csv/download_csv.cgi
Apache Jackrabbit™ –a fully compliant implementation of the Content Repository for Java(TM) Technology API, version 2.0 (JCR 2.0) as specified in the Java Specification Request 283 (JSR 283).
– Apache Jackrabbit 2.10.3 and Apache Jackrabbit Oak 1.4.2 released http://jackrabbit.apache.org/downloads.html
Apache Portals™ –a robust, full-featured, commercial-quality, and freely available Portal related software on a wide variety of platforms and programming languages.
– Apache Portals Jetspeed 2.3.1 released http://portals.apache.org/jetspeed-2/download.html
Apache Storm™ –a distributed, fault-tolerant, and high-performance realtime computation system that provides strong guarantees on the processing of data.
– Apache Storm 0.10.1 and 1.0.1 released http://storm.apache.org/downloads.html
Apache Struts™ –an elegant, extensible framework for creating enterprise-ready Java Web applications.
– Apache Struts 2.5 GA released http://struts.apache.org/download.cgi#struts-ga
Apache Tomcat™ Native Library –provides portable API for features not found in contemporary JDK’s.
– Apache Tomcat Native 1.2.7 released http://tomcat.apache.org/download-native.cgi
Apache Wicket™ –an Open Source Java component oriented Web application framework that powers thousands of Web applications and Web sites for governments, stores, universities, cities, banks, email providers, and more.
– Apache Wicket 6.23.0 and 7.3.0 released http://www.apache.org/dyn/closer.cgi/wicket/6.23.0 and http://www.apache.org/dyn/closer.cgi/wicket/7.3.0
Did You Know?
– Did you know that you can search through the full Apache archives –30M+ emails across 21 years– with the new https://lists.apache.org/ service?
– Did you know that China Rail (the world’s largest nationalized railway system) process 40K transactions per second using Apache Geode (incubating)? http://geode.apache.org/
– Did you know that we’re always looking for great ways to highlight Apache projects in our "Did You Know" campaigns? Send your success stories to <email@example.com>!
Apache Community Notices:
– Find out how you can participate with Apache community/projects/activities https://helpwanted.apache.org/
– The list of Apache project-related MeetUps can be found at http://apache.org/events/meetups.html
– The In-Memory Computing Summit will take place 23-24 May 2016 in San Franciscso http://imcsummit.org
– The next HBaseCon will take place 24 May 2016 in San Francisco http://hbasecon.com
– The SF Bay Area Apache Phoenix MeetUp will hold the first-ever PhoenixCon on 25 May 2016 in San Francisco http://www.meetup.com/SF-Bay-Area-Apache-Phoenix-Meetup/
– MesosCon will be held 1-2 June 2016 in Denver http://events.linuxfoundation.org/events/mesoscon/
– The next CloudStack Collaboration Conference will take place 1-3 June 2016 in Montreal https://www.eventbrite.ca/e/apache-cloudstacktm-conference-montreal-2016-tickets-23815552960
– Berlin Buzzwords is back 5-7 June 2016 http://berlinbuzzwords.de/
– CFP is open for the next Cassandra Summit 7-9 September 2016 in San Jose https://cfp.cassandrasummit.org/
– CloudStack Collaboration Conference Brasil will take place 29-30 September 2016 in Sao Paolo http://cloudstack.usp.br/en/index.php
– ApacheCon Europe will take place 14-18 November 2016 in Seville, Spain http://apachecon.com/
– The Apache Software Foundation Operations Summary: Third Quarter, Fiscal Year 2016 (November 2015 – January 2016) is availbable at https://s.apache.org/9zLj
# # #