As we’re making our final preparations for Vancouver, here’s what the Apache community has been working on over the past week:
– Next Board Meeting: 18 May 2016. Board calendar and minutes available at http://apache.org/foundation/board/calendar.html
ASF Infrastructure –our distributed team on four continents keeps the ASF’s infrastructure running around the clock.
– 7M+ weekly checks yield smashing "three nines" performance at 99.95% uptime http://status.apache.org/
ApacheCon™ –the official conference series of The Apache Software Foundation.
– Join us at Apache:Big Data and ApacheCon/YVR http://apachecon.com/
– Event highlights on FeatherCast http://feathercast.apache.org/
– Developers share why they attend https://www.linux.com/blog/5-developers-explain-why-they-attend-apachecon
Apache Commons™ NET –library that implements the client side of many basic Internet protocols.
– Apache Commons NET 3.5 released http://commons.apache.org/proper/commons-net/download_net.cgi
Apache Commons™ Validator –building blocks for both client side validation and server side data validation.
– Apache Commons Validator 1.5.1 released http://commons.apache.org/proper/commons-validator/download_validator.cgi
Apache Lucene™ –a high-performance, full-featured text search engine library written entirely in Java.
– Apache Lucene 5.5.1 released http://www.apache.org/dyn/closer.lua/lucene/java/5.5.1
Apache Mynewt (Incubating) – a community-driven module OS for constrained, embedded applications.
– Apache Mynewt 0.8.0-incubating released http://www.apache.org/dyn/closer.lua/incubator/mynewt/apache-mynewt-0.8.0-incubating
Apache Solr™ –the popular, blazing fast, open source NoSQL search platform from the Apache Lucene project.
– Apache Solr 5.5.1 released http://www.apache.org/dyn/closer.lua/lucene/solr/5.5.1
– Did you know that Global Payments technology company Blue Snap uses Apache Wicket for its eCommerce platform? http://wicket.apache.org/
– Did you know that technology provider PTC’s Vuforia augmented reality platform uses Apache Syncope for its identity management? http://syncope.apache.org/
– Did you know that Apache project anniversaries in May include: Forrest and Geronimo (12 years); Tomcat (11 years); OpenJPA, POI, TomEE, and Turbine (9 years); Tuscany (8 years); Libcloud (5 years); Giraph, Hama, and ManifoldCF (4 years); Phoenix and Stratos (2 years); and Whimsy (1 year)? https://projects.apache.org/
Apache Community Notices:
– Find out how you can participate with Apache community/projects/activities https://helpwanted.apache.org/
– The list of Apache project-related MeetUps can be found at http://apache.org/events/meetups.html
– Apache:Big Data North America will take place 9-12 May 2016 in Vancouver http://events.linuxfoundation.org/events/apache-big-data-north-america
– ApacheCon:Core North America will take place 11-13 May 2016 in Vancouver http://events.linuxfoundation.org/events/apachecon-north-america/
– The Stockholm Hadoop User Group will feature Apache Impala on 11 May http://www.meetup.com/stockholm-hug/events/228082101/
– Big Data Frankfurt v 2.0 will take place on 12 May 2016 http://www.meetup.com/Big-Data-Frankfurt/events/227415048/
– The In-Memory Computing Summit will take place 23-24 May 2016 in San Franciscso http://imcsummit.org
– The next HBaseCon will take place 24 May 2016 in San Francisco http://hbasecon.com
– The SF Bay Area Apache Phoenix MeetUp will hold the first-ever PhoenixCon on 25 May 2016 in San Francisco http://www.meetup.com/SF-Bay-Area-Apache-Phoenix-Meetup/
– MesosCon will be held 1-2 June 2016 in Denver http://events.linuxfoundation.org/events/mesoscon/
– The next CloudStack Collaboration Conference will take place 1-3 June 2016 in Montreal https://www.eventbrite.ca/e/apache-cloudstacktm-conference-montreal-2016-tickets-23815552960
– Berlin Buzzwords is back 5-7 June 2016 http://berlinbuzzwords.de/
– CFP is open for the next Cassandra Summit 7-9 September 2016 in San Jose https://cfp.cassandrasummit.org/
– CloudStack Collaboration Conference Brasil will take place 29-30 September 2016 in Sao Paolo http://cloudstack.usp.br/en/index.php
– The Apache Software Foundation Operations Summary: Third Quarter, Fiscal Year 2016 (November 2015 – January 2016) is availbable at https://s.apache.org/9zLj
# # #