We’ve had a great week! Here’s what happened:
– Next Board Meeting: 16 March 2016. Board calendar and minutes available at http://apache.org/foundation/board/calendar.html
ASF Membership –from the inaugural membership of 21 individuals, the ASF has grown to 588 individual members and 5,317 Committers collaborating across six continents.
– Next Members’ Meeting: 22 March 2016. Official business + New Member voting http://www.apache.org/foundation/members.html
ASF Infrastructure –our distributed team on four continents keeps the ASF’s infrastructure running around the clock.
– Now 7M+ weekly checks yield precision-level performance at 99.99% uptime http://status.apache.org/
ApacheCon™ –the official conference series of The Apache Software Foundation.
– Keynotes + Program announced for Apache:Big Data and ApacheCon; early registration ends soon http://apachecon.com/
Apache Apex (incubating) Malhar –an enterprise grade native YARN big data-in-motion platform that unifies stream processing and batch processing.
– Apache Apex Malhar Release 3.3.1-incubating released http://apex.incubator.apache.org/downloads.html
Apache Flink™ –advanced Big Data distributed stream processing framework.
– The Apache Software Foundation announces Apache Flink v1.0 https://s.apache.org/1y8d
Apache Jackrabbit™ Oak –a scalable, high-performance hierarchical content repository designed for use as the foundation of modern world-class Web sites and other demanding content applications.
– Apache Jackrabbit Oak 1.2.12 released http://jackrabbit.apache.org/downloads.html
Apache Kudu (incubating) –an Open Source storage engine for structured data which supports low-latency random access together with efficient analytical access patterns.
– Apache Kudu (incubating) 0.7.1 released http://getkudu.io/releases/0.7.1/
Apache Mynewt (incubating) –a community-driven module OS for constrained, embedded applications.
– Apache Mynewt 0.8.0-b1-incubating released http://www.apache.org/dyn/closer.lua/incubator/mynewt/apache-mynewt-0.8.0-b1-incubating
Apache Phoenix™ –enables OLTP and operational analytics for Hadoop through SQL support and integration with other projects in the ecosystem such as Spark, HBase, Pig, Flume, and MapReduce.
– Apache Phoenix 4.7 released https://phoenix.apache.org/download.html
Apache POI™ –a library for reading and writing Microsoft Office file formats, such as Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Visio, Publisher and Outlook.
– Apache POI 3.14 released http://poi.apache.org/download.html
Apache Yetus™ –a collection of libraries and tools that enable contribution and release processes for software projects.
– Apache Yetus 0.2.0 released https://yetus.apache.org/downloads/
Did You Know?
– Did you know that the ASF has been accepted as a 2016 Google Summer of Code Mentoring Organization? Mentors wanted 🙂 https://s.apache.org/jzA7
– Did you know that eBay’s fraud detection and prevention system is built on top of Apache Kafka and Samza? http://kafka.apache.org/ and http://samza.apache.org/
Apache Community Notices:
– Find out how you can participate with Apache community/projects/activities https://helpwanted.apache.org/
– The list of Apache project-related MeetUps can be found at http://apache.org/events/meetups.html
– Washington DC Area Apache Spark Interactive will be hosting Apache Spark Proof of Technology by IBM on 15 March 2016 in McLean http://www.meetup.com/Washington-DC-Area-Spark-Interactive/events/229094350/
– Docker Guadalajara will hold Clustering con Docker featuring Apache Mesos on 17 March 2016 http://www.meetup.com/Docker-Guadalajara/events/229257781/
– Cassandra Day will be held in Atlanta on 17 March 2016 https://www.eventbrite.com/e/cassandra-day-atlanta-tickets-20902673459
– Apache:Big Data North America will take place 9-12 May 2016 in Vancouver http://events.linuxfoundation.org/events/apache-big-data-north-america
– ApacheCon:Core North America will take place 11-13 May 2016 in Vancouver http://events.linuxfoundation.org/events/apachecon-north-america/
– The next HBaseCon will take place 24 May in San Francisco http://hbasecon.com
– MesosCon will be held 1-2 June 2016 in Denver –CFP open through 9 March http://events.linuxfoundation.org/events/mesoscon/
– Berlin Buzzwords is back 5-7 June 2016 http://berlinbuzzwords.de/
– The Apache Software Foundation Operations Summary: Third Quarter, Fiscal Year 2016 (November 2015 – January 2016) is availbable at https://s.apache.org/9zLj
# # #