– Next Board Meeting: 17 February 2016. Board calendar and minutes available at http://apache.org/foundation/board/calendar.html
ApacheCon™ –the official conference series of The Apache Software Foundation.
– CFP CLOSING TODAY: Apache:Big Data + ApacheCon North America – Vancouver http://apachecon.com/
– Travel Assistance applications close 2 March http://www.apache.org/travel/ ; Early Registration ends 4 March http://apachecon.com/
Apache Apex (incubating) Core –an enterprise grade native YARN big data-in-motion platform that unifies stream and batch processing.
– Apache Apex Core 3.3.0-incubating released http://apex.incubator.apache.org/downloads.html
Apache BVal™ –an implementation of the Java Bean Validation specification 1.1.
– Apache BVal 1.1.1 released http://www.apache.org/dyn/closer.cgi/bval/1.1.1/
Apache Jackrabbit™ Oak –a scalable, high-performance hierarchical content repository designed for use as the foundation of modern world-class Web sites and other demanding content applications.
– Apache Jackrabbit Oak 1.3.15 and 2.12.0 released http://jackrabbit.apache.org/downloads.html
Apache MyFaces™ Tobago –a well designed set of user interface components based on JSF.
– Apache Tobago 2.0.9 released http://myfaces.apache.org/tobago/download.html
Apache MINA™ –a network application framework which helps users develop high performance and high scalability network applications easily by providing an abstract, event-driven, asynchronous API over various transports such as TCP/IP and UDP/IP vis Java NIO.
– Apache MINA 2.0.12 released http://mina.apache.org/downloads.html
Apache Tomcat™ –a Web server that is an Open Source software implementation of the Java Servlet, JavaServer Pages, Java Expression Language and Java WebSocket technologies.
– Apache Tomcat 8.0.32 and 9.0.0.M3 available http://tomcat.apache.org/download-80.cgi and http://tomcat.apache.org/download-90.cgi
Apache Traffic Server™ –a fast, scalable and extensible HTTP/1.1 compliant caching proxy server.
– Apache Traffic Server 6.1.1 released http://trafficserver.apache.org/downloads
Did You Know?
– Did you know Apache Cordova released 6 new plug-ins this week? http://cordova.apache.org/news/2016/02/09/plugins-release.html
Apache Community Notices:
– The list of Apache project-related MeetUps can be found at http://apache.org/events/meetups.html
– "Building smart bots with data analytics, machine learning, Spark and Cassandra" will be held 12 February in Toronto http://www.meetup.com/Toronto-Cassandra-Users-Group/events/228015422/
– "Modern Data Architecture using Flink and Hadoop" will be held in Chicago on 16 February http://www.meetup.com/Chicago-Apache-Flink-Meetup/events/228225429/
– The Melbourne Cassandra Users Group will hold Troubleshooting Cassandra for Ops Engineers training on 16 February http://www.meetup.com/Melbourne-Cassandra-Users/events/223688976/
– The Seattle Java Users Group will present "Introduction to Apache Geode (incubating)" on 16 February http://www.meetup.com/seajug/events/228251283/
– The next CloudStack European User Group will be held 3 March 2016 in London https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/cloudstack-european-user-group-tickets-19726408218
– Apache:Big Data North America will take place 9-12 May 2016 in Vancouver http://events.linuxfoundation.org/events/apache-big-data-north-america
– ApacheCon:Core North America will take place 11-13 May 2016 in Vancouver http://events.linuxfoundation.org/events/apachecon-north-america/
– The next HBaseCon will take place 24 May in San Francisco –CFP and Early Bird Registration now open http://hbasecon.com
– MesosCon will be held 1-2 June 2016 in Denver –CFP open through 9 March http://events.linuxfoundation.org/events/mesoscon/
– The ASF Operations Summary: Second Quarter, Fiscal Year 2016 (August-October 2015) is available at http://s.apache.org/M0R