– Next Board Meeting: 17 February 2016. Board calendar and minutes available at http://apache.org/foundation/board/calendar.html
ApacheCon™ –the official conference series of The Apache Software Foundation.
– UPCOMING DEADLINES:
–12 February CFP closes for Apache:Big Data + ApacheCon North America – Vancouver http://apachecon.com/
–2 March – Travel Assistance http://www.apache.org/travel/ ; 4 March – Early Registration http://apachecon.com/
Apache Clownfish –symbiotic object system pairs with host dynamic language environments and facilitates the development of high performance host language extensions.
– Apache Clownfish 0.4.4 released http://lucy.apache.org/download.html
Apache Commons™ Weaver –an easy way to enhance compiled Java classes by generating ("weaving") bytecode into those classes.
– Apache Commons Weaver 1.2 released https://commons.apache.org/proper/commons-weaver/download_weaver.cgi
Apache Lucy™ –search engine library that provides full-text search for dynamic programming languages.
– Apache Lucy 0.4.4 released http://lucy.apache.org/download.html
Apache Tajo™ –a Big Data warehouse system on various data sources.
– Apache Tajo 0.11.1 released http://tajo.apache.org/downloads.html
Did You Know?
– Did you know that 18 additional Apache projects are celebrating birthdays this month? Gump and Portals (12 years); Directory, MyFaces, and Xerces (11 years); Tapestry (10 years); Roller (9 years); Continuum (8 years); Cassandra and Subversion (6 years); Chemistry (5 years); BVal and OpenNLP (4 years); Clerezza and Crunch (3 years); Knox, Open Climate Workbench, and Spark (2 years) https://projects.apache.org/
Apache Community Notices:
– The list of Apache project-related MeetUps can be found at http://apache.org/events/meetups.html
– Big Data Hyderabad will present "Big Data Processing with Apache Spark" on 6 February 2016 http://www.meetup.com/Big-Data-Hyderabad/events/227853405/
– The next CloudStack European User Group will be held 3 March 2016 in London https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/cloudstack-european-user-group-tickets-19726408218
– Apache:Big Data North America will take place 9-12 May 2016 in Vancouver http://events.linuxfoundation.org/events/apache-big-data-north-america
– ApacheCon:Core North America will take place 11-13 May 2016 in Vancouver http://events.linuxfoundation.org/events/apachecon-north-america/
– The next HBaseCon will take place 24 May in San Francisco –CFP and Early Bird Registration now open http://hbasecon.com
– MesosCon will be held 1-2 June 2016 in Denver –CFP open through 9 March http://events.linuxfoundation.org/events/mesoscon/
– The ASF Operations Summary: Second Quarter, Fiscal Year 2016 (August-October 2015) is available at http://s.apache.org/M0R