ApacheCon™ –the official conference series of The Apache Software Foundation.
– Call For Participation: Apache:Big Data North America – Vancouver 9-12 May 2016 http://events.linuxfoundation.org/events/apache-big-data-north-america/program/cfp
– Call For Participation: ApacheCon:Core North America – Vancouver 11-13 May 2016 http://events.linuxfoundation.org/events/apachecon-north-america/program/cfp
– Applications OPEN: Travel Assistance to ApacheCon North America http://www.apache.org/travel/
– EARLY Registration now OPEN: save $400 through March 6! http://apachecon.com/
Apache Apex (incubating) –an enterprise grade native YARN big data-in-motion platform that unifies stream processing and batch processing.
– Apache Apex Malhar Release 3.3.0-incubating released http://apex.incubator.apache.org/downloads.html
Apache jclouds™ –an Open Source multi-cloud toolkit for the Java platform that gives you the freedom to create applications that are portable across clouds while giving you full control to use cloud-specific features.
– Apache jclouds 1.9.2 released http://www.apache.org/dyn/closer.lua/jclouds
Apache Jackrabbit™ Oak – a complementary implementation of the JCR specification. It is an effort to implement a scalable and performant hierarchical content repository for use as the foundation of modern world-class Web sites and other demanding content applications.
– Apache Jackrabbit Oak 1.3.14 released http://jackrabbit.apache.org/downloads.html
Apache Lucy™ –search engine library that provides full-text search for dynamic programming languages.
– Apache Lucy 0.4.3 and Apache Clownfish 0.4.3 released http://lucy.apache.org/download.html
Apache Nutch™ –a well matured, production ready Web crawler.
– Apache Nutch 2.3.1 released http://nutch.apache.org/downloads.html
Apache PDFBox™ –an Open Source Java tool for working with PDF documents.
– Apache PDFBox 1.8.11 rand 2.0.0 RC3 released http://pdfbox.apache.org/download.cgi
Apache Syncope™ –an Open Source system for managing digital identities in enterprise environments, implemented in Java EE technology.
– Apache Syncope 1.2.7 released http://syncope.apache.org/downloads.html
– Did you know that Forrester Research predicts 100% adoption of Apache Hadoop within large enterprises? http://hadoop.apache.org/
Apache Community Notices:
– The list of Apache project-related MeetUps can be found at http://apache.org/events/meetups.html
– Solr Training for Beginners will take place 23 January 2016 in San Francisco http://www.meetup.com/Bay-Area-Learn-Solr-Meetup/events/227860008/
– Data Science Toolbox & Intro to DS with Spark & Zeppelin will take place 26 January 2016 in Sao Paolo http://www.meetup.com/Data-Science-Brazil-Sao-Paulo/events/227494723/
– Orlando Data Science will feature Apache NiFi on 26 January 2016 http://www.meetup.com/orlandodata/events/227963685/
– Big Data for Business Users will present Big Data for the Enterprise- Part 1 on 27 January in San Francisco http://www.meetup.com/Big-Data-for-Business-Users/events/228036200/
– Paris Big Data Classes presents Mise en place d’une infrastructure Big Data Hadoop / Mesos on 27 January 2016 http://www.meetup.com/Paris-Big-Data-Classes/events/227882770/
– Cloud Budapest 2016/01 featuring Apache Mesos will be held 28 January http://www.meetup.com/Cloud-Budapest/events/227922125/
– The ASF will be participating at FOSDEM 2016 in Brussels 30-31 January 2016 https://fosdem.org/
– The next CloudStack European User Group will be held 3 March 2016 in London https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/cloudstack-european-user-group-tickets-19726408218
– Apache:Big Data North America will take place 9-12 May 2016 in Vancouver http://events.linuxfoundation.org/events/apache-big-data-north-america
– ApacheCon:Core North America will take place 11-13 May 2016 in Vancouver http://events.linuxfoundation.org/events/apachecon-north-america/
– The ASF Operations Summary: Second Quarter, Fiscal Year 2016 (August-October 2015) is available at http://s.apache.org/M0R