Apache Attic™ –provides process and solutions to make it clear when an Apache project has reached its end of life.
– Apache Shindig retired http://attic.apache.org/projects/shindig.html
Apache HttpComponents™ –a set of low level HTTP transport components that can be used to build custom client and server side HTTP services with a minimal footprint.
– HttpComponents Core 5.0 alpha1 released http://hc.apache.org/downloads.cgi
Apache Jackrabbit™ Oak –a scalable, high-performance hierarchical content repository designed for use as the foundation of modern world-class Web sites and other demanding content applications.
– Apache Jackrabbit Oak 1.3.13 released http://jackrabbit.apache.org/downloads.html
Apache OODT™ –provides metadata for middleware, and vice versa: transparent access to distributed resources; data discovery and query optimization; distributed processing and virtual archives.
– Apache OODT 0.11 released http://www.apache.org/dyn/closer.lua/oodt
Apache Turbine™ –a servlet based framework that allows experienced Java developers to quickly build secure Web applications.
– Apache Turbine 4.0-M2 released http://turbine.apache.org/
Apache Community Notices:
– The list of Apache project-related MeetUps can be found at http://apache.org/events/meetups.html
– Open Source Analytics will present "Continuous Data Management for Hadoop and Spark – On-Premise or in the Cloud" on 12 January in Boston http://www.meetup.com/Open-Source-Analytics-Boston/events/226759308/
– Seattle Data Science will host a JumpStart on Apache Spark on 12 January http://www.meetup.com/Seattle-Data-Science/events/226688163/
– The San Francisco Bay Area Big Data and Scalable Systems will hold an introduction to Apache Tajo on 14 January http://www.meetup.com/San-Francisco-Bay-Area-Big-Data-and-Scalable-Systems/events/227248757/
– Apache Spark will be featured at Data Day Texas on 16 January in Austin http://www.meetup.com/Dallas-Apache-Spark-Meetup/events/226622137/
– The ASF will be participating at FOSDEM 2016 in Brussels 30-31 January 2016 https://fosdem.org/
– The next CloudStack European User Group will be held 3 March 2016 in London https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/cloudstack-european-user-group-tickets-19726408218
– Apache:Big Data North America will take place 9-12 May 2016 in Vancouver http://events.linuxfoundation.org/events/apache-big-data-north-america
– ApacheCon:Core North America will take place 11-13 May 2016 in Vancouver http://events.linuxfoundation.org/events/apachecon-north-america/
– The ASF Operations Summary: Second Quarter, Fiscal Year 2016 (August-October 2015) is available at http://s.apache.org/M0R