We appreciate you tuning in to review the activities over the past week at The Apache Software Foundation! Here’s what happened:
ASF Board –the ASF Board is responsible for management and oversight of the business and affairs of the corporation in accordance with the Foundation’s Bylaws.
– Next Board Meeting: 16 December. Board calendar and minutes available at http://apache.org/foundation/board/calendar.html
ASF Infrastructure –our distributed team on four continents keeps the ASF’s infrastructure running around the clock.
– 6M weekly checks yielded a grand 99.96% uptime over the past week http://status.apache.org/ Check against established SLAs http://status.apache.org/sla/
ApacheCon™ –the official conference series of The Apache Software Foundation.
– Call For Participation: ApacheCon North America – Vancouver 11-13 May 2016 http://events.linuxfoundation.org/events/apachecon-north-america/program/cfp
Apache Brooklyn™ –Open Source framework for modelling, deploying, monitoring, and managing applications.
– The Apache Software Foundation Announces Apache™ Brooklyn™ as a Top-Level Project http://s.apache.org/cZs
Apache Camel™ –a powerful Open Source integration framework based on known Enterprise Integration Patterns.
– Apache Camel 2.16.1 released http://camel.apache.org/download.html
Apache Commons™ NET –library that contains a collection of network utilities and protocol implementations.
– Apache Commons NET 3.4 released http://commons.apache.org/net/
Apache Commons™ Validator –building blocks for both client and server side data validation that may be used standalone or with a framework such as Apache Struts.
– Apache Commons Validator 1.5.0 released http://commons.apache.org/proper/commons-validator/download_validator.cgi
Apache Jackrabbit™ Oak –a scalable, high-performance hierarchical content repository designed for use as the foundation of modern world-class Web sites and other demanding content applications.
– Apache Jackrabbit Oak 1.0.24 and 1.2.8 released http://jackrabbit.apache.org/downloads.html
Apache Kafka™ –high-throughput, publish-subscribe messaging system rethought of as a distributed commit log.
– Apache Kafka 0.9.0.0 released https://www.apache.org/dyn/closer.cgi?path=/kafka/0.9.0.0/kafka-0.9.0.0-src.tgz
Apache Lens™ –Open Source unified analytics platform.
– Apache Lens 2.4.0-beta released http://lens.apache.org/releases/download.html
Apache PDFBox™ –an Open Source Java tool for working with PDF documents.
– Apache PDFBox 2.0.0 RC2 released http://pdfbox.apache.org/
Apache Tomcat™ –an Open Source software implementation of the Java Servlet, JavaServer Pages, Java Unified Expression Language and Java WebSocket technologies.
– Apache Tomcat 8.0.29 released http://tomcat.apache.org/download-80.cgi
Did You Know?
– Did you know that you can now map an Apache Phoenix primary key column to the native row timestamp of Apache HBase? https://blogs.apache.org/phoenix/entry/new_optimization_for_time_series
– Did you know that Apache Tinkerpop (incubating)’s Gremlin ( graph traversal machine and language) is Turing Complete? http://incubator.apache.org/projects/tinkerpop.html
– Did you know that in testing the Apache Project Maturity Model to assess an ASF podling’s readiness to graduate as an Apache Top-Level Project (TLP), Groovy was used as the "guinea pig"? http://groovy.markmail.org/thread/zdbjrbrzip3t2xxy (and yes: it graduated!)
Apache Community Notices:
– The list of Apache project-related MeetUps can be found at http://apache.org/events/meetups.html
– "Get to know CouchDB" will be presented 27 November in Hamburg http://www.silpion.de/event/externes-silpion-knowhowcamp-no1/
– The ASF will be at FOSDEM 2016 in Brussels 30-31 January 2016 https://fosdem.org/
– The next CloudStack European User Group will be held 3 March 2016 in London https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/cloudstack-european-user-group-tickets-19726408218
– ApacheCon North America will take place 11-13 May 2016 in Vancouver http://events.linuxfoundation.org/events/apachecon-north-america/
– The ASF Operations Summary: First Quarter, Fiscal Year 2016 (May-July 2015) is available at http://s.apache.org/c2P