Here’s to another productive week at The Apache Software Foundation! Below is a summary of what the community has been working on:
ASF Board –the ASF Board is responsible for management and oversight of the business and affairs of the corporation in accordance with the Foundation’s Bylaws.
– Next Board Meeting: 16 December. Board calendar and minutes available at http://apache.org/foundation/board/calendar.html
ASF Infrastructure –our distributed team on four continents keeps the ASF’s infrastructure running around the clock.
– 6M weekly checks yielded a meritorious 99.98% uptime over the past week http://status.apache.org/ Check against established SLAs http://status.apache.org/sla/
Apache Apex (Incubating) –an enterprise grade native YARN big data-in-motion platform that unifies stream processing as well as batch processing.
– Apache Apex Malhar 3.2.0-incubating released http://apex.incubator.apache.org/downloads.html
Apache Commons™ Collections –a project to develop and maintain collection classes based on and inspired by the JDK collection framework.
– Apache Commons Collections 3.2.2 released http://commons.apache.org/proper/commons-collections/download_collections.cgi
Apache Flex™ –the server-based Java remoting and Web messaging technology that enables developers to easily connect to back-end distributed data and push data in real-time to Adobe Flex and Adobe AIR applications or more responsive rich Internet application (RIA) experiences.
– Apache Flex BlazeDS 4.7.2 released http://www.us.apache.org/dist/flex/BlazeDS/4.7.2/
Apache Flink™ – an Open Source system for expressive, declarative, fast, and efficient data analysis. It combines the scalability and programming flexibility of distributed MapReduce-like platforms with the efficiency, out-of-core execution, and query optimization capabilities found in parallel databases.
– Apache Flink 0.10.0 released http://flink.apache.org/news/2015/11/16/release-0.10.0.html
Apache Qpid™ Proton –an AMQP 1.0 messaging library. It can be used in a wide range of messaging applications including brokers, clients, routers, bridges, proxies, and more.
– Apache Qpid Proton 0.11.0 released http://qpid.apache.org/download.html
Apache Tomcat™ –an Open Source software implementation of the Java Servlet, JavaServer Pages, Java Unified Expression Language and Java WebSocket technologies.
– Apache Tomcat 9.0.0.M1 released http://tomcat.apache.org/download-90.cgi
Apache Wicket™ – an Open Source Java component oriented Web application framework.
– Apache Wicket 6.21.0 released http://www.apache.org/dyn/closer.cgi/wicket/6.21.0
Apache Zeppelin (Incubating) –a collaborative data analytics and visualization tool for distributed, general-purpose data processing systems such as Apache Spark, Apache Flink, etc.
– Apache Zeppelin 0.5.5-incubating released http://zeppelin.incubator.apache.org/download.html
Did You Know?
– Did you know that you can index tweets with Apache Solr using one line of code? http://lucene.apache.org/solr/
– Did you know that CIO Magazine recommends that small businesses consider using Apache OFBiz and OpenOffice as Open Source software options for full-blown ERP and productivity systems? http://ofbiz.apache.org/ and http://openoffice.apache.org/
– Did you know that the Los Angeles County Department of Public Social Services uses Apache Wicket? http://wicket.apache.org/
Apache Community Notices:
– The list of Apache project-related MeetUps can be found at http://apache.org/events/meetups.html
– The Emerging Technologies Conference will be holding a Spark Bootcamp on 21 November in San Ramon http://www.meetup.com/Emerging-Technologies-Conference/events/226246926/
– Big Data Developers Bangalore will present an introduction to Apache Spark on 21 November 2015 http://www.meetup.com/Big-Data-Developers-in-Bangalore/events/226419828/
– The Metroplex Mesos Group will meet 23 November 2015 in Addison http://www.meetup.com/Metroplex-Mesos-Group/events/226162140/
– The Chicago Apache Flink Meetup will be held 24 November 2015 http://www.meetup.com/Chicago-Apache-Flink-Meetup/events/226602856/
– The Toronto Cassandra Users Group will meet 24 November 2015 http://www.meetup.com/Toronto-Cassandra-Users-Group/events/226725003/
– "Get to know CouchDB" will be presented 27 November in Hamburg http://www.silpion.de/event/externes-silpion-knowhowcamp-no1/
– The ASF will be at FOSDEM 2016 in Brussels 30-31 January 2016 https://fosdem.org/
– The ASF Operations Summary: First Quarter, Fiscal Year 2016 (May-July 2015) is available at http://s.apache.org/c2P