The Apache community has wrapped up another productive week! Let’s take a look at what took place:
ASF Board –the ASF Board is responsible for management and oversight of the business and affairs of the corporation in accordance with the Foundation’s Bylaws.
– Next Board Meeting: 18 November. Board calendar and minutes available at http://apache.org/foundation/board/calendar.html
ASF Infrastructure –our distributed team on four continents keeps the ASF’s infrastructure running around the clock.
– 6M weekly checks yielded an excellent 99.94% uptime over the past week http://status.apache.org/ Check against established SLAs http://status.apache.org/sla/
ASF Events –in addition to ApacheCon, the official conference series of the Apache Software Foundation, the ASF also participates in Apache Roadshows, which showcase the latest Open Source projects, initiatives, and activities from the Apache community.
– Summary of the Apache Roadshow 2015 – China http://s.apache.org/q2L
Apache Calcite™ –a highly customizable engine for parsing and planning queries on data in a wide variety of formats.
– Apache Calcite 1.5.0 released http://www.apache.org/dyn/closer.cgi/calcite/apache-calcite-1.5.0/
Apache Camel™ –a powerful Open Source integration framework based on known Enterprise Integration Patterns.
– Apache Camel 2.14.4 released http://camel.apache.org/download.html
Apache Cassandra™ –Open Source distributed database management system.
– The Apache Software Foundation announces Apache™ Cassandra™ v3.0 http://s.apache.org/f4Y
Apache Commons™ –focused on all aspects of reusable Java components.
– Apache Commons statement to widespread Java object de-serialisation vulnerability http://s.apache.org/bsA
Apache HttpComponents™ HttpAsyncClient –a library for client-side HTTP communication built on HttpCore.
– Apache HttpComponents HttpAsyncClient 4.1.1 GA released http://hc.apache.org/downloads.cgi
Apache Jackrabbit™ –a scalable, high-performance hierarchical content repository designed for use as the foundation of modern world-class Web sites and other demanding content applications.
– Apache Jackrabbit Oak 1.3.10 released http://jackrabbit.apache.org/downloads.html
Apache Mahout™ –Open Source scalable machine learning library.
– Apache Mahout 0.11.1 released http://www.apache.org/dist/mahout/0.11.1/
Apache Syncope™ –an Open Source system for managing digital identities in enterprise environments, implemented in JEE technology.
– Apache Syncope 1.2.6 released http://syncope.apache.org/downloads.html
Apache Tomcat™ Native Library –provides portable API for features not found in contemporary JDKs.
– Apache Tomcat Native 1.2.2 released http://tomcat.apache.org/download-native.cgi
Did You Know?
– Did you know that Apache Solr forms the basis of Bloomberg’s Search-as-a-Service, which hosts 100+applications including their communications archive? http://lucene.apache.org/solr/
– Did you know that Cisco Systems, MicroStrategy, TIBCO, Twitter, and countless others use Apache Drill for Apache Hadoop, NoSQL, and Cloud storage? http://drill.apache.org/
– Did you know that Samsung SAMI (comprising 40+ stateless microservices) used Apache Mesos to transition into their agile IT environment? http://mesos.apache.org/
Apache Community Notices:
– The list of Apache project-related MeetUps can be found at http://apache.org/events/meetups.html
– The Hive Contributors Meetup will take place 16 November 2015 in Palo Alto http://www.meetup.com/Hive-Contributors-Group/events/226495286/
– The SF Spark and Friends MeetUp will be held 16 November 2015 http://www.meetup.com/SF-Spark-and-Friends/events/225854878/
– The Pittsburgh Informatica Big Data Users Group will be held 17 November 2015 http://www.meetup.com/Pittsburgh-Big-Data-Meetups/events/226397722/
– "Realtime Detection of DDOS attacks using Apache Spark and MLLib" will be presented in Madison on 17 November 2015 http://www.meetup.com/BigDataMadison/events/221661900/
– Los Angeles Cassandra Users will meet 17 November 2015 http://www.meetup.com/Los-Angeles-Cassandra-Users/events/226499398/
– The Denver Cordova MeetUp will take place 17 November 2015 http://www.meetup.com/Denver-Cordova-Ionic-Meetup/events/226600972/
– Doug Cutting will hold a Webinar on "The Ethical Treatment of Data: Everyone Plays a Role" 18 November 2015 http://www.meetup.com/Pittsburgh-Big-Data-Meetups/events/226574074/
– Sydney Cassandra Users will meet 18 November 2015 http://www.meetup.com/Sydney-Cassandra-Users/events/226205731/
– The Charlotte Hadoop Users Group will feature Apache Spark on 18 November 2015 http://www.meetup.com/CharlotteHUG/events/219153256/
– The Devops BCN Group present "Running Mesos workloads on bare metal" in Barcelona on 18 November 2015 http://www.meetup.com/DevOps-BCN-Group/events/226398883/
– The Oslo Hadoop Big Data Vikings Meetup #4 will take place 19 November 2015 http://www.meetup.com/Oslo-Hadoop-Big-Data-Meetup/
– The Data Innovation Training Hub will present "Hands-on Introduction to Graph Databases" on 19 November 2015 in Brussels http://www.meetup.com/Open-Data-Innovation-Training-Hub/events/225668537/
– Austin Cassandra Users will meet 19 November 2015 http://www.meetup.com/Austin-Cassandra-Users/events/225249318/
– The Advanced Apache Spark Meetup will hold a workshop on 19 November 2015 http://www.meetup.com/Advanced-Apache-Spark-Meetup/events/226183632/
– The Emerging Technologies Conference will be holding a Spark Bootcamp on 21 November in San Ramon http://www.meetup.com/Emerging-Technologies-Conference/events/226246926/
– Big Data Developers Bangalore will present an introduction to Apache Spark on 21 November 2015 http://www.meetup.com/Big-Data-Developers-in-Bangalore/events/226419828/
– The Metroplex Mesos Group will meet 23 November 2015 in Addison http://www.meetup.com/Metroplex-Mesos-Group/events/226162140/
– The Chicago Apache Flink Meetup will be held 24 November 2015 http://www.meetup.com/Chicago-Apache-Flink-Meetup/events/226602856/
– The Toronto Cassandra Users Group will meet 24 November 2015 http://www.meetup.com/Toronto-Cassandra-Users-Group/events/226725003/
– The ASF will be at FOSDEM 2016 in Brussels 30-31 January 2016 https://fosdem.org/
– The ASF Operations Summary: First Quarter, Fiscal Year 2016 (May-July 2015) is available at http://s.apache.org/c2P