Happy November! We’re mid-way through the last quarter of the calendar year with the latest activities from the Apache Community:
ASF Board –the ASF Board is responsible for management and oversight of the business and affairs of the corporation in accordance with the Foundation’s Bylaws.
– Next Board Meeting: 18 November. Board calendar and minutes available at http://apache.org/foundation/board/calendar.html
ASF Infrastructure –our distributed team on four continents keeps the ASF’s infrastructure running around the clock.
– 6M weekly checks yielded a sterling 99.82% uptime over the past week http://status.apache.org/ Check against established SLAs http://status.apache.org/sla/
Apache Apex (incubating) –an enterprise grade native YARN big data-in-motion platform that unifies stream processing as well as batch processing.
– Apache Apex Core 3.2.0-incubating released http://www.apache.org/dyn/closer.lua/incubator/apex/v3.2.0-incubating/apex-3.2.0-incubating-source-release.tar.gz
Apache Curator™ –Java libraries that make using Apache ZooKeeper much easier and more reliable.
– Apache Curator 2.9.1 released http://www.apache.org/dyn/closer.cgi/curator/
Apache HttpComponents™ –a set of low level HTTP transport components that can be used to build custom client and server side HTTP services with a minimal footprint.
– HttpComponents Core 4.4.4 GA released http://hc.apache.org/downloads.cgi
Apache Jackrabbit™ –a fully compliant implementation of the Content Repository for Java(TM) Technology API, version 2.0 (JCR 2.0) as specified in the Java Specification Request 283 (JSR 283).
– Apache Jackrabbit 2.11.2 and Jackrabbit Oak 1.0.23 released http://jackrabbit.apache.org/downloads.html
Apache Slider (incubating) – a YARN application that deploys existing distributed applications on YARN, monitors them, and makes them larger or smaller as desired – even while the application is running.
– Apache Slider 0.81.1-incubating http://www.apache.org/dyn/closer.cgi/incubator/slider/0.81.1-incubating/
Apache Storm™ –a distributed, fault-tolerant, and high-performance realtime computation system that provides strong guarantees on the processing of data.
– Apache Storm 0.9.6 and 0.10.0 released http://storm.apache.org/downloads.html
Did You Know?
– Did you know that the number of downloads for Groovy have doubled since the project has entered the Apache Incubator? http://incubator.apache.org/projects/groovy.html
– Did you know that BonusCard, Energie-Saarlorlux, Norton Antivirus, Opel, and songtexte.com use Apache Wicket? http://wicket.apache.org/
Apache Community Notices:
– The list of Apache project-related MeetUps can be found at http://apache.org/events/meetups.html
– Apache CloudStack will hold a MeetUp in London on 12 November http://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/cloudstack-european-user-group-tickets-18631038939?aff=es2
– The ASF will be at FOSDEM 2016 in Brussels 30-31 January 2016 https://fosdem.org/
– The ASF Operations Summary: First Quarter, Fiscal Year 2016 (May-July 2015) is available at http://s.apache.org/c2P