We’re wrapping up October with the following activities from the Apache Community:
ASF Board –the ASF Board is responsible for management and oversight of the business and affairs of the corporation in accordance with the Foundation’s Bylaws.
– Next Board Meeting: 18 November. Board calendar and minutes available at http://apache.org/foundation/board/calendar.html
ASF Infrastructure –our distributed team on four continents keeps the ASF’s infrastructure running around the clock.
– 6M weekly checks yielded a peachy 99.44% uptime over the past week http://status.apache.org/ Check against established SLAs http://status.apache.org/sla/
Apache Directory™ LDAP Client API –an ongoing effort to provide an enhanced LDAP API, as a replacement for JNDI and the existing LDAPAPI (jLdap and Mozilla LDAP API).
– Apache Directory LDAP API 1.0.0-M32 released http://directory.apache.org/api/downloads.html
Apache OpenOffice™ –an open-source, office-document productivity suite providing six productivity applications based around the OpenDocument Format (ODF), and released on multiple platforms and in dozens of languages.
– Apache OpenOffice 4.1.2 released http://www.openoffice.org/download/
Apache Tajo™ –mature, efficient "SQL-on-Hadoop®" engine used for advanced data warehousing and analysis.
– The Apache Software Foundation announces Apache Tajo v0.11.0 http://s.apache.org/ZMF
Apache Tika™ –a toolkit for detecting and extracting metadata and structured text content from various documents using existing parser libraries.
– Apache Tika 1.11 released http://www.apache.org/dyn/closer.cgi/tika/apache-tika-1.11-src.zip
Apache UIMA™ DUCC –(Distributed UIMA Cluster Computing); a cluster management system providing tooling, management, and scheduling facilities to automate the scale-out of applications written to the UIMA (Unstructured Information Management Applications) framework.
– Apache UIMA DUCC 2.0.1 released http://uima.apache.org/doc-uimaducc-whatitam.html
Apache Wicket™ –with proper mark-up/logic separation, a POJO data model, and a refreshing lack of XML, Apache Wicket makes developing Web-apps simple and enjoyable again.
– Apache Wicket 7.1.0 released http://www.apache.org/dyn/closer.cgi/wicket/7.1.0
Did You Know?
– Did you know that The ASF, on behalf of our many Apache DevOps projects, was named one of DevOps.com’s inaugural DevOps Dozen? http://devops.com/2015/10/28/the-devops-dozen/
– Did you know that videos, photos, and presentation slides from ApacheCon:Core Europe are available at http://bit.ly/1goHDAJ?
– Did you know that 4 new podlings entered the Apache Incubator this month? Welcome Concerted, Eagle, Mynewt, and Unomi! http://incubator.apache.org/projects/index.html
Apache Community Notices:
– The list of Apache project-related MeetUps can be found at http://apache.org/events/meetups.html
– The Advanced Apache Spark Meetup, featuring Apache Kafka and Spark, will take place 2 November in Zurich http://www.meetup.com/Advanced-Apache-Spark-Meetup/events/225815218/
– The Apache Apex (incubating) Meetup will take place 3 November in Pune http://www.meetup.com/Apache-Apex-incubating-Meetup-Pune/
– The Barcelona Spark MeetUp will take place 3 November http://www.meetup.com/Spark-Barcelona/events/226143035/
– Cassandra Day Dallas will take place 5 November http://www.meetup.com/Dallas-Cassandra-Users/events/226212738/
– The Bay Area Apache Aurora Users Group will meet 10 November in Palo Alto http://www.meetup.com/Bay-Area-Apache-Aurora-Users-Group/events/225412389/
– Apache CloudStack will hold a MeetUp in London on 12 November http://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/cloudstack-european-user-group-tickets-18631038939?aff=es2
– The ASF will be at FOSDEM 2016 in Brussels 30-31 January 2016 https://fosdem.org/
– The ASF Operations Summary: First Quarter, Fiscal Year 2016 (May-July 2015) is available at http://s.apache.org/c2P