We’ve wrapped up another great week! Here’s what the Apache Community has been up to:
ASF Board –the ASF Board is responsible for management and oversight of the business and affairs of the corporation in accordance with the Foundation’s Bylaws.
– Next Board Meeting: 21 October. Board calendar and minutes available at http://apache.org/foundation/board/calendar.html
ASF Infrastructure –our distributed team on four continents keeps the ASF’s infrastructure running around the clock.
– 6M weekly checks yielded a cheery 99.39% uptime over the past week http://status.apache.org/ Check against established SLAs http://status.apache.org/sla/
Apache Accumulo™ –a robust, scalable, high performance data storage system that features cell-based access control and customizable server-side processing.
– Apache Accumulo 1.6.4 released http://accumulo.apache.org/downloads/
Apache Ignite™ –a comprehensive platform for distributed in-memory computing, including Data Grid and In-Memory Key-Value Store, Compute Grid, Streaming Grid, Service Grid, In-Memory File System, and more.
– Apache Ignite 1.4.0 released https://ignite.apache.org/download
Apache Jackrabbit™ –a fully compliant implementation of the Content Repository for Java(TM) Technology API, version 2.0 (JCR 2.0) as specified in the Java Specification Request 283 (JSR 283).
– Apache Jackrabbit 2.11.1 and Jackrabbit Oak 1.0.22 released http://jackrabbit.apache.org/downloads.html
Apache Kafka™ –a high-throughput, publish-subscribe messaging system rethought of as a distributed commit log.
– Apache Kafka 0.8.2.2 released https://www.apache.org/dyn/closer.cgi?path=/kafka/0.8.2.2/kafka-0.8.2.2-src.tgz
Apache Olingo™ –a Java library which enables developers to implement OData producers and OData consumers.
– Apache Olingo 2.0.5 released http://olingo.apache.org/doc/odata2/download.html
Did You Know?
– Did you know that new podlings in the Apache Incubator include HAWQ, HORN, MADlib, and Rya? http://incubator.apache.org/
– Did you know that the top 5 Apache projects by number of Committers are (in order) OpenOffice, Hadoop, CloudStack, Subversion, and Cocoon? https://projects.apache.org/projects.html?number
Apache Community Notices:
– The list of Apache project-related MeetUps can be found at http://apache.org/events/meetups.html
– The next Lucene/Solr Revolution will be held 13-16 October in Austin http://www.lucenerevolution.org
– The Apache Roadshow returns to China: Containers/Cloud/Big Data/Incubation & more 24-25 Oct in Beijing http://www.huodongxing.com/event/9291887966700
– Apache CloudStack will hold a MeetUp in London on 12 November http://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/cloudstack-european-user-group-tickets-18631038939?aff=es2
– The ASF will be at FOSDEM 2016 in Brussels 6-8 February 2016 https://fosdem.org/
– The ASF Operations Summary: First Quarter, Fiscal Year 2016 (May-July 2015) is available at http://s.apache.org/c2P