Welcome, October! The Apache Community has had another excellent week –here’s what happened:
ApacheCon™ –the official conference series of The Apache Software Foundation.
– WRAPPED: Apache: Big Data and ApacheCon: Core Europe in Budapest. NEXT UP: Apache: Big Data North America (9-11 May 2016), and ApacheCon:Core North America (12-13 May 2016) in Vancouver, British Columbia. http://apachecon.com/ Sign up for updates http://apache.org/foundation/mailinglists.html#foundation-apachecon
ASF Board –the ASF Board is responsible for management and oversight of the business and affairs of the corporation in accordance with the Foundation’s Bylaws.
– UPDATED: Next Board Meeting: 21 October. Board calendar and minutes available at http://apache.org/foundation/board/calendar.html
ASF Infrastructure –our distributed team on four continents keeps the ASF’s infrastructure running around the clock.
– 6M weekly checks yielded a snappy 99.82% uptime over the past week http://status.apache.org/ Check against established SLAs http://status.apache.org/sla/
Apache Jackrabbit™ Oak –a scalable, high-performance hierarchical content repository designed for use as the foundation of modern world-class Web sites and other demanding content applications.
– Apache Jackrabbit Oak 1.0.21, 1.2.6, and 1.3.6 released http://jackrabbit.apache.org/downloads.html
Apache Open Climate Workbench™ –Open Source software that performs climate model evaluation using model outputs from a variety of different sources the Earth System Grid Federation, the Coordinated Regional Climate Downscaling Experiment, the U.S. National Climate Assessment and the North American Regional Climate Change Assessment Program and temporal/spatial scales with remote sensing data from NASA, NOAA, and other agencies.
– Apache Open Climate Workbench 1.0.0 released http://climate.apache.org/downloads.html
Apache OpenMeetings™ –Open Source video conferencing, instant messaging, white board, collaborative document editing and other groupware tools using API functions of the Red5 Streaming Server for Remoting and Streaming.
– Apache OpenMeetings 3.0.7 released http://openmeetings.apache.org/downloads.html
Apache POI™ –well-known in the Java field as a library for reading and writing Microsoft Office file formats, such as Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Visio, Publisher and Outlook.
– Apache POI 3.13 released http://poi.apache.org/download.html
Apache Stratos™ –a PaaS framework that is designed to address the various challenges currently faced in the Cloud PaaS space.
– Apache Stratos 4.1.3 released http://www.apache.org/dyn/closer.cgi/stratos
Apache Struts™ –an elegant, extensible framework for creating enterprise-ready Java web applications.
– Apache Struts 126.96.36.199 GA with security fix released http://struts.apache.org/download.cgi#struts23241
Did You Know?
– Did you know that LinkedIn uses Apache Kafka’s high throughput distributed messaging system for 1,100,000,000,000/175+ TB/day? http://kafka.apache.org/
– Did you know that Apache HBase is in use at Adobe, AOL, Dropbox, eBay, Facebook, Huawei, SalesForce, Tumblr, Yahoo, and many others? http://hbase.apache.org/
Apache Community Notices:
– The list of Apache project-related MeetUps can be found at http://apache.org/events/meetups.html
– The next CloudStack Collaboration Conference will be held 8-9 October in Dublinhttp://events.linuxfoundation.org/events/cloudstack-collaboration-conference-europe
– MesosCon Europe will take place 8-9 October in Dublin http://events.linuxfoundation.org/events/mesoscon-europe
– The next Lucene/Solr Revolution will be held 13-16 October in Austin http://www.lucenerevolution.org
– The Apache Roadshow returns to China: Containers/Cloud/Big Data/Incubation & more 24-25 Oct in Beijing http://www.huodongxing.com/event/9291887966700
– Apache CloudStack will hold a MeetUp in London on 12 November http://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/cloudstack-european-user-group-tickets-18631038939?aff=es2
– The ASF will be at FOSDEM 2016 in Brussels 6-8 February 2016 https://fosdem.org/
– The ASF Operations Summary: First Quarter, Fiscal Year 2016 (May-July 2015) is available at http://s.apache.org/c2P