This week marks our one-year anniversary of the Weekly News Round-ups — we hope you’re enjoying them! Here’s what we’ve been up to over the past week:
ApacheCon™ –the official conference series of The Apache Software Foundation.
– COMING UP: Europe events 1) Apache: Big Data (28-30 September), and 2) ApacheCon: Core Europe (1-2 October). See you in in Budapest! http://apachecon.com/
ASF Board –the ASF Board is responsible for management and oversight of the business and affairs of the corporation in accordance with the Foundation’s Bylaws.
– Upcoming Board Meeting: 14 October. Board calendar and minutes available at http://apache.org/foundation/board/calendar.html
ASF Infrastructure –our distributed team on four continents keeps the ASF’s infrastructure running around the clock.
– 6M weekly checks yielded a brilliant 99.93% uptime over the past week http://status.apache.org/ Check against established SLAs http://status.apache.org/sla/
Apache HttpComponents™ Client –a library for client-side HTTP communication built on HttpCore. It provides connection management, cookie management, and authentication; the successor to the widely-used Jakarta Commons HttpClient 3.1.
– HttpComponents Client 4.5.1 GA released http://hc.apache.org/downloads.cgi
Apache OODT™ – a software framework and architectural style for the rapid construction of scientific data systems.
– Apache OODT 0.10 released http://www.apache.org/dyn/closer.cgi/oodt/
Apache SIS™ –a spatial framework that enables better representation of coordinates for searching, data clustering, archiving, or other relevant spatial needs.
– Apache SIS 0.6 released http://sis.apache.org/downloads.html
Apache Traffic Server™ –a fast, scalable and extensible HTTP/1.1 compliant caching proxy server.
– Apache Traffic Server v5.3.2 released http://trafficserver.apache.org/downloads
Did You Know?
– Did you know that Apache Project Management Committees (PMCs) are welcome to contribute articles to the Apache column on OpenSource.com?
– Did you know that there are currently 39 initiatives in development at the Apache Labs (our innovation "sandbox" to test technical concepts)? http://labs.apache.org/
Apache Community Notices:
– The list of Apache project-related MeetUps can be found at http://apache.org/events/meetups.html
– The 6th annual Cassandra Summit will be held 22-24 September in Santa Clara http://cassandrasummit-datastax.com/
– Apache: Big Data and ApacheCon: Core Europe will be held 28 September – 1 October in Budapest http://apachecon.com/
– The next CloudStack Collaboration Conference will be held 8-9 October in Dublin http://events.linuxfoundation.org/events/cloudstack-collaboration-conference-europe
– MesosCon Europe will take place 8-9 October in Dublin http://events.linuxfoundation.org/events/mesoscon-europe
– The next Lucene/Solr Revolution will be held 13-16 October in Austin http://www.lucenerevolution.org
– The Apache Roadshow returns to China: Containers/Cloud/Big Data/Incubation & more 24-25 Oct in Beijing http://www.huodongxing.com/event/9291887966700
– Apache CloudStack will hold a MeetUp in London on 12 November http://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/cloudstack-european-user-group-tickets-18631038939?aff=es2
– The ASF will be at FOSDEM 2016 in Brussels 6-8 February 2016 https://fosdem.org/
– The ASF Operations Summary: First Quarter, Fiscal Year 2016 (May-July 2015) is available at http://s.apache.org/c2P