Here’s what the Apache community has been working on over the past week:
ApacheCon™ –the official conference series of The Apache Software Foundation.
– Register for Apache: Big Data 28-30 September and ApacheCon: Core Europe 1-2 October in Budapest http://s.apache.org/eg4
ASF Infrastructure –our distributed team on four continents keeps the ASF’s infrastructure running around the clock.
– 35,000+ weekly infrastructure checks yielded an exemplary 99.89% uptime over the past week http://status.apache.org/
Apache Bigtop™ –a project for the development of packaging and tests of the Apache Hadoop ecosystem.
– Apache Bigtop 1.0.0 released http://www.apache.org/dist/bigtop/bigtop-1.0.0/repos/
Apache Commons™ Compress –defines a Java API for working with ar, cpio, tar, zip, 7z, arj, dump, gzip, pack200, bzip2, lzma, snappy, Z, xz and deflate files.
– Apache Commons Compress 1.10 released http://commons.apache.org/proper/commons-compress/download_compress.cgi
Apache Directory™ Mavibot –a MVCC B-tree implementation in Java.
– Apache Mavibot 1.0.0-M8 released http://directory.apache.org/mavibot/downloads.html
Apache Empire-db™ –a lightweight data access and persistence component for relational databases based on JDBC.
– Apache Empire-db 2.4.4 released http://empire-db.apache.org/downloads/latest.htm
Apache Jackrabbit™ –a fully conforming implementation of the Content Repository for Java Technology API (JCR).
– Apache Jackrabbit 2.11.0 and Jackrabbit Oak 1.3.4 released http://jackrabbit.apache.org/downloads.html
Apache Tomcat™ –a Web server that is an Open Source software implementation of the Java Servlet, JavaServer Pages, Java Expression Language and Java WebSocket technologies.
– Apache Tomcat Connectors 1.2.41 released http://tomcat.apache.org/download-connectors.cgi
Did You Know?
– Did you know that from Anakia to Zest, there are more Apache projects (92!) in the Library category than any other? https://projects.apache.org/projects.html?category
– The list of Apache project-related MeetUps can be found at http://apache.org/events/meetups.html
– The second annual MesosCon wraps up on 21 August in Seattle https://mesoscon2015.sched.org/
– ASF Member Joan Touzet will keynote the Texas Linux Fest 21-22 August in San Marcos https://2015.texaslinuxfest.org/
– The Big Data Innovation conference will feature an "Apache Innovation" track 9-10 September in Boston http://theinnovationenterprise.com/summits/big-data-innovation-boston-2015/
– Apache: Big Data and ApacheCon: Core Europe will be held 28 September – 1 October in Budapest http://apachecon.com/
– The first Apache Flink Conference, Flink Forward, will be held 12-13 October in Berlin http://flink-forward.org
– The next Lucene/Solr Revolution will be held 13-16 October in Austin http://www.lucenerevolution.org
– The ASF will be at FOSDEM 2016 in Brussels 6-8 February 2016 https://fosdem.org/