We’re always smiling at Apache! Here’s what happened across the Foundation over the past week:
ApacheCon™ –the official conference series of The Apache Software Foundation.
– Registration open for Apache: Big Data 28-30 September and ApacheCon: Core Europe 1-2 October in Budapest http://s.apache.org/eg4
– 35,000+ weekly infrastructure checks yielded a grand 99.82% uptime over the past week http://status.apache.org/
Apache Allura™ –an Open Source implementation of a software forge, a Web site that manages source code repositories, bug reports, discussions, wiki pages, blogs, and more for any number of individual projects.
– Apache Allura 1.3.1 released http://allura.apache.org/
Apache Commons™ DBCP –Open Source software library implements database connection pooling.
– Apache Commons DBCP 2.1.1 released http://commons.apache.org/dbcp/download_dbcp.cgi
Apache Libcloud™ –a Python library that abstracts away the differences among multiple Cloud provider APIs.
– Apache Libcloud 0.18.0 released http://libcloud.apache.org/downloads.html
Apache OpenWebBeans™ –a CDI container (Contexts and Dependency Injection for Java) and targets the CDI-1.2 specification (JavaEE 7).
– Apache OpenWebBeans-1.6.2 released http://www.apache.org/dyn/closer.cgi/openwebbeans/1.6.2/
Apache Stratos™ –a highly-extensible Platform-as-a-Service (PaaS) framework that helps run Apache Tomcat, PHP, and MySQL applications that can be extended to support many more environments on all major Cloud infrastructures.
– Apache Stratos 4.1.1 released http://www.apache.org/dyn/closer.cgi/stratos
Apache Tika™ –a toolkit for detecting and extracting metadata and structured text content from various documents using existing parser libraries.
– Apache Tika 1.10 released http://www.apache.org/dyn/closer.cgi/tika/apache-tika-1.10-src.zip
Apache UIMA™ –a component architecture and framework for the analysis of unstructured content like text, video and audio data.
– Apache UIMA Java SDK 2.8.1 and Apache UIMA DUCC 2.0.0 released http://uima.apache.org/news.html
Did You Know?
– The list of Apache project-related MeetUps can be found at http://apache.org/events/meetups.html
– The Bay Area Apache Flink Meetup announces a 20% discount code and presentation on Apache Flink at the Big Data Scala By the Bay Conference on 17 August in Oakland http://www.meetup.com/Bay-Area-Apache-Flink-Meetup/events/224213826/
– Beta Test Apache Cassandra Certification will be held 17 August in Santa Clara http://www.meetup.com/DataStax-Cassandra-South-Bay-Users/events/224269417/
– ASF Member Joan Touzet will keynote the Texas Linux Fest 21-22 August in San Marcos https://2015.texaslinuxfest.org/
– The Big Data Innovation conference will feature an "Apache Innovation" track 9-10 September in Boston http://theinnovationenterprise.com/summits/big-data-innovation-boston-2015/
– Apache: Big Data and ApacheCon: Core Europe will be held 28 September – 1 October in Budapest http://apachecon.com/
– The first Apache Flink Conference, Flink Forward, will be held 12-13 October in Berlin http://flink-forward.org
– The next Lucene/Solr Revolution will be held 13-16 October in Austin http://www.lucenerevolution.org
– The ASF will be at FOSDEM 2016 in Brussels 6-8 February 2016 https://fosdem.org/