Happy July! Here’s what we’ve been working on over the past week:
ApacheCon™ –the official conference series of The Apache Software Foundation.
– CFP closes on 10 July for "Apache: Big Data" 28-30 September 2015 in Budapest http://apachecon.com/
ASF Board –the ASF Board is responsible for management and oversight of the business and affairs of the corporation in accordance with the Foundation’s Bylaws.
– Upcoming Board Meeting: 17 July. Board calendar and minutes available at http://apache.org/foundation/board/calendar.html
ASF Infrastructure –our distributed team on four continents keeps the ASF’s infrastructure running around the clock.
– The ASF Infrastructure team runs more than 35,000 weekly checks for each service provided. Whilst the system is currently undergoing maintenance, uptime over the past week has been an impeccable 100% http://status.apache.org/
ASF Travel Assistance –this committee evaluates and provides financial assistance to those who would otherwise be unable to attend various ApacheCon events.
– Applications open on 4 July for travel assistance to Apache: Big Data and ApacheCon: Core Europe http://www.apache.org/travel/
Apache Accumulo™ –a sorted, distributed key/value store based on Google’s BigTable design, built on top of Apache Hadoop, ZooKeeper, and Thrift.
– Apache Accumulo 1.5.3 released https://accumulo.apache.org
Apache Ant™ –a Java library and command-line tool that helps building software.
– Apache Ant 1.9.6 released http://ant.apache.org/
Apache Hive™ –data warehouse software built on top of Apache Hadoop that facilitates querying and managing large datasets residing in distributed storage.
– Apache Hive 1.2.1 released https://hive.apache.org/downloads.html
Apache Jackrabbit™ Oak –a scalable, high-performance hierarchical content repository designed for use as the foundation of modern world-class Web sites and other demanding content applications.
– Apache Jackrabbit Oak 1.0.16 released http://jackrabbit.apache.org/downloads.html
Apache Tajo™ –Big Data warehouse system for various data sources that provides distributed and scalable analytical SQL processing on Apache Hadoop.
– Apache Tajo 0.10.1 released http://tajo.apache.org/downloads.html
Did You Know?
– Did you know that more than 38 Apache project MeetUps will take place over the next week?
– Did you know that ASF Community Development partnered with India ICFOSS on a pilot project that mentors students interested in learning how to participate in Apache Open Source communities?
– Did you know that we’re always looking for Apache success stories that we can share with the community? Send newsworthy metrics/users/datapoints/events of Apache products to <firstname.lastname@example.org>!
Apache Community Notices:
– A list of the latest Apache project-related MeetUps can be found at http://apache.org/events/meetups.html
– Apache Cayenne will be at the New York Times Open Source Science Fair on 15 July http://developers.nytimes.com/events/71515/?_r=0
– The second annual MesosCon will be held 20-21 August in Seattle https://mesoscon2015.sched.org/
– ASF Member Joan Touzet will keynote the Texas Linux Fest 21-22 August in San Marcos https://2015.texaslinuxfest.org/
– Apache: Big Data and ApacheCon: Core Europe will be held 28 September – 1 October in Budapest http://apachecon.com/
– The first Apache Flink Conference, Flink Forward, will be held 12-13 October in Berlin http://flink-forward.org
– CFP open for Lucene/Solr Revolution, to be held 13-16 October in Austin http://www.lucenerevolution.org
– The ASF FY 2014-2015 Annual Report is available at http://s.apache.org/ZVp
– Are your software solutions Powered by Apache? Download & use our "Powered By" logos http://www.apache.org/foundation/press/kit/#poweredby
– Show your support for Apache with ASF-approved swag from http://www.zazzle.com/featherwear and http://s.apache.org/landsend –all proceeds benefit the ASF!
# # #