The week has zipped by with many Apache activities happening over the past week:
ApacheCon™ –the official conference series of The Apache Software Foundation.
– CFP open for two new Apache events in Europe –"Apache: Big Data" and "ApacheCon: Core"– 28 September – 2 October 2015 in Budapest http://apachecon.com/
ASF Infrastructure –our distributed team on four continents keeps the ASF’s infrastructure running around the clock.
– Uptime over the past week has been a snappy 99.54% http://status.apache.org/
Apache Allura™ –an Open Source implementation of a software "forge", a web site that manages source code repositories, bug reports, discussions, wiki pages, blogs and more for any number of individual projects.
– Apache Allura 1.3.0 released http://www.apache.org/dyn/closer.cgi/allura/allura-1.3.0.tar.gz
Apache Buildr™ –a build system for Java-based applications, including support for Scala, Groovy and a growing number of JVM languages and tools.
– Apache Buildr 1.4.23 released http://buildr.apache.org/
Apache Commons™ – CLI library –provides an API for parsing command line options passed to programs. It’s also able to print help messages detailing the options available for a command line tool.
– Apache Commons CLI 1.3.1 released http://commons.apache.org/proper/commons-cli/download_cli.cgi
Apache Directory™ Studio –a complete directory tooling platform intended to be used with any LDAP server however it is particularly designed for use with ApacheDS.
– Apache Directory Studio 2.0-0-M9 released http://directory.apache.org/studio/downloads.html
Apache Hama™ –a High-Performance BSP computing engine, which can be used to perform compute-intensive general scientific BSP applications, Google’s Pregel-like graph applications, and machine learning algorithms.
– Apache Hama v0.7 released https://hama.apache.org/
Apache Jackrabbit™ Oak –a scalable, high-performance hierarchical content repository designed for use as the foundation of modern world-class web sites and other demanding content applications.
– Apache Jackrabbit Oak 1.3.0 released http://jackrabbit.apache.org/downloads.html
Apache Lucene™ –a high-performance, full-featured text search engine library written entirely in Java.
– Apache Lucene 5.2.1 released http://lucene.apache.org/core/mirrors-core-latest-redir.html
Apache Solr™ –the popular, blazing fast, open source NoSQL search platform from the Apache Lucene project.
– Apache Solr 5.2.1 released http://lucene.apache.org/solr/mirrors-solr-latest-redir.html
Apache Storm™ –a distributed, fault-tolerant, and high-performance realtime computation system that provides strong guarantees on the processing of data.
– Apache Storm 0.10.0-beta released http://storm.apache.org/downloads.html
Apache Wicket™ –with proper mark-up/logic separation, a POJO data model, and a refreshing lack of XML, Apache Wicket makes developing web-apps simple and enjoyable again.
– Apache Wicket 6.20.0 released http://wicket.apache.org/
Apache UIMA™ Ruta –a rule-based script language supported by Eclipse-based tooling.
– Apache UIMA Ruta 2.3.0 released http://uima.apache.org/ruta.html
Did You Know?
– Did you know that the Incubator currently has 43 Apache projects (a.k.a. podlings) in development?
– Did you know that most of Netflix’s Data Warehouse is stored using Apache Parquet?
– Did you know that @PlanetApache now follows the Twitter accounts of Apache project Committers and contributors?
Apache Community Notices:
– New listing of more than 70 Apache project-related MeetUps can be found at http://apache.org/events/meetups.html
– Reminder: How to Safely Download Apache OpenOffice http://s.apache.org/a1R
– Audio recordings from select tracks from ApacheCon Austin are available at http://feathercast.apache.org/ includes Cloud, Community, httpd, and Apache HTTP Server Founder’s panel; presentation slides are also up online http://events.linuxfoundation.org/events/apachecon-north-america/program/slides
– Apache CouchDB is seeking design and editorial assistance in English http://markmail.org/thread/dgvjpwnxie6pji5j
– The second OFBiz Community Day will take place 20 June https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/OFBIZ/OFBiz+Community+Days
– The Berlin Apache Flink MeetUp will be held 23 June http://www.meetup.com/Apache-Flink-Meetup/events/223037790/
– Catch Apache Bigtop, Hadoop, Spark, Geode (Incubating) and Ignite (Incubating) in action at the In-Memory Computing Summit 29-30 June in San Francsico http://imcsummit.org/
– The Chicago Apache Flink MeetUp will be held 30 June http://www.meetup.com/Chicago-Apache-Flink-Meetup/
– MesosCon will be held 20-21 August in Seattle https://mesoscon2015.sched.org/
– Apache: Big Data and ApacheCon: Core Europe will be held 28 September – 1 October in Budapest http://apachecon.com/
– The first Apache Flink Conference, Flink Forward, will be held 12-13 October in Berlin http://flink-forward.org
– CFP open for Lucene/Solr Revolution, to be held 13-16 October in Austin http://www.lucenerevolution.org
– The ASF FY 2014-2015 Annual Report is available at http://s.apache.org/ZVp
– Are your software solutions Powered by Apache? Download & use our "Powered By" logos http://www.apache.org/foundation/press/kit/#poweredby
# # #