We’ve kicked the week off with the release of our first official annual report http://s.apache.org/ZVp, and have been busily tracking numerous activities across the Apache community:
ApacheCon™ –the official conference series of The Apache Software Foundation.
– CFP open for Apache events Europe –Apache: Big Data and ApacheCon: Core– 28 September – 2 October 2015 in Budapest http://apachecon.com/
ASF Infrastructure –our distributed team on four continents keeps the ASF’s infrastructure running around the clock.
– Uptime over the past week is a kicking 99.51% http://status.apache.org/
ASF Fundraising & Sponsorship –the ASF relies on individual donors and corporate sponsors to help bolster existing projects, incubate new initiatives, and promote meritocratic, community-driven development "The Apache Way".
– Welcome new ASF Sponsor PhoenixNAP, joining Bloomberg, Comcast, Hortonworks, HP, and IBM at the Gold Level. http://apache.org/foundation/thanks
Apache Calcite (incubating) – a dynamic data management framework. Its cost-based optimizer converts queries, represented in relational algebra, into executable plans.
– Apache Calcite 1.3.0 (incubating) released http://www.apache.org/dyn/closer.cgi/incubator/calcite/apache-calcite-1.3.0-incubating/
Apache Commons™ Pool –Open Source software library provides an object-pooling API and a number of object pool implementations.
– Apache Commons Pool 2.4.1 released http://commons.apache.org/proper/commons-pool/download_pool.cgi
Apache cTAKES™ –an Open Source natural language processing system for information extraction from electronic medical record clinical free-text.
– Apache cTAKES 3.2.2 released http://ctakes.apache.org/downloads.cgi
Apache Flume™ –a distributed, reliable, and available service for efficiently collecting, aggregating, and moving large amounts of log data.
– Apache Flume 1.6.0 released http://flume.apache.org/download.html
Apache HttpComponents™ Client – a library for client-side HTTP communication built on HttpCore. It provides connection management, cookie management, and authentication. This is the successor to the widely used Jakarta Commons HttpClient 3.1.
– Apache HttpComponents Client 4.5 GA released http://hc.apache.org/downloads.cgi
Apache Jackrabbit™ –a fully compliant implementation of the Content Repository for Java(TM) Technology API, version 2.0 (JCR 2.0) as specified in the Java Specification Request 283 (JSR 283).
– Apache Jackrabbit 2.8.1 released http://jackrabbit.apache.org/downloads.html
Apache Mahout™ –an environment for quickly creating machine learning applications that scale and run on the highest performance parallel computation engines available.
– Apache Mahout 0.10.1 released http://www.apache.org/dist/mahout/0.10.1/
Apache Olingo™ –a Java library which enables developers to implement OData producers and OData consumers.
– Apache Olingo 2.0.4 released http://olingo.apache.org/doc/odata2/download.html
Apache OpenWebBeans™ –a CDI container (Contexts and Dependency Injection for Java) and targets the CDI-1.2 specification (JavaEE 7). We pass the standalone CDI TCK and the JavaEE7 WebProfile part of the CDI-TCK (in Apache TomEE-7.0).
– Apache OpenWebBeans 1.6.0 released http://www.apache.org/dyn/closer.cgi/openwebbeans/1.6.0/
– End of life for Apache Tomcat 6.0.x http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/www-announce/201506.mbox/%3C556ECB68.2080804%40apache.org%3E
Did You Know?
– Did you know that Apache Airavata is a software framework for executing and managing computational jobs and workflows on distributed computing resources in Astronomy, Astrophysics, Bioinformatics, Biophysics, Computational Chemistry, Nuclear Physics, and other scientific fields?
– Did you know that the Pacific Northwest National Laboratory uses Apache Phoenix to load and query hundreds of billions of records?
– Did you know that eHealth Africa uses Apache CouchDB in their efforts to help implement, manage, and evaluate health projects?
Apache Community Notices:
– Reminder: How to Safely Download Apache OpenOffice http://s.apache.org/a1R
– Audio recordings from select tracks from ApacheCon Austin are available at http://feathercast.apache.org/ includes Cloud, Community, httpd, and Apache HTTP Server Founder’s panel!
– Presentations from ApacheCon Austin are available online http://events.linuxfoundation.org/events/apachecon-north-america/program/slides
– Apache CouchDB is seeking design and editorial assistance in English http://markmail.org/thread/dgvjpwnxie6pji5j
– Check out the Apache project-related MeetUps listed at http://apache.org/events/meetups.html
– Intro to Apache Cassandra MeetUp being held 5 June in Zürich http://www.meetup.com/Cloud-Scale-Data-Science-virtual-UserGroup-worldwide/events/221749304/
– The MeetUp/Study Group: EdX Intro to Big Data with Apache Spark will be held 6 June in Perth http://www.meetup.com/Perth-Data-Science/events/222727686/
– "Big Data Processing with Apache Spark" MeetUp is being held in Hydrabad 6 June http://www.meetup.com/Big-Data-Hyderabad/events/221413129/
– The Mumbai BigData Half Day MeetUp will be held 6 June http://www.meetup.com/Aegis-IBM-BIG-DATA/events/222783949/
– A MeetUp/Discussion on Apache Geode (incubating) will be taking place 6 June in Pune http://www.meetup.com/TechNext/events/222608288/
– MeetUp/Study Group kick-off on Machine Learning is taking place 7 June in San Diego http://www.meetup.com/SanDiegoAI/events/222735463/
– Submit your proposal for CloudStack Days Seattle (co-located with LinuxCon) by 12 June http://clds.co/18hplxk
– The Karlsruhe DevOps Meetup featuring Apache Mesos and Aurora will be held 16 June http://www.meetup.com/DevOps-Karlsruhe-Meetup/events/222465491/
– The SF Spark and Friends MeetUp featuring Apache Flink will take place in San Francisco on 16 June http://www.meetup.com/SF-Spark-and-Friends/
– Catch Apache Bigtop, Hadoop, Spark, Geode (Incubating) and Ignite (Incubating) in action at the In-Memory Computing Summit 29-30 June in San Francsico http://imcsummit.org/
– The Chicago Apache Flink MeetUp will be held 30 June http://www.meetup.com/Chicago-Apache-Flink-Meetup/
– MesosCon will be held 20-21 August in Seattle https://mesoscon2015.sched.org/
– Apache: Big Data and ApacheCon: Core Europe will be held 28 September – 1 October in Budapest http://apachecon.com/
– The first Apache Flink Conference, Flink Forward, will be held 12-13 October in Berlin http://flink-forward.org
– CFP open for Lucene/Solr Revolution, to be held 13-16 October in Austin http://www.lucenerevolution.org
# # #