– Keynotes from ApacheCon Austin are now online https://www.youtube.com/user/TheApacheFoundation
– The City of Austin and Mayor Steve Adler proclaimed 13-16 April "Apache Software Foundation Days"
ASF Fundraising & Sponsorship –the ASF relies on individual donors and corporate sponsors to help bolster existing projects, incubate new initiatives, and promote meritocratic, community-driven development "The Apache Way".
– The Apache Software Foundation Welcomes Pivotal as a Platinum-level Sponsor http://s.apache.org/UBl
– New to the ASF Sponsor roster is Bloomberg, who joins Comcast, Hortonworks, HP, and IBM at the Gold Level. Welcome!
– Global uptime across all Apache services is a cracking 99.68% http://status.apache.org/
Apache Directory™ –directory solutions entirely written in Java. These include a directory server, which has been certified as LDAP v3 compliant by the Open Group (ApacheDS), Eclipse-based directory tools (Apache Directory Studio), and a full ANSI RBAC compliant management and enforcement system that builds on existing Open Source applications like ApacheDS, OpenLDAP and Apache Tomcat (Apache Fortress).
– Apache Fortress Core 1.0-RC40 released http://directory.apache.org/fortress/downloads.html
Apache Jackrabbit™ Oak –a scalable, high-performance hierarchical content repository designed for use as the foundation of modern world-class Web sites and other demanding content applications.
– Apache Jackrabbit Oak 1.2.0 released http://jackrabbit.apache.org/downloads.html
Apache Lucene™ –a high-performance, full-featured text search engine library written entirely in Java. It is a technology suitable for nearly any application that requires full-text search, especially cross-platform.
– Apache Lucene 5.1.0 released http://www.apache.org/dyn/closer.cgi/lucene/java/5.1.0
Apache Mahout™ –an environment for quickly creating machine learning applications that scale and run on the highest performance parallel computation engines available.
– Apache Mahout 0.10.0 released https://mahout.apache.org/general/downloads.html
Apache Solr™ –an Open Source enterprise search server based on the Lucene Java search library, with XML/HTTP and JSON, Ruby, and Python APIs, hit highlighting, faceted search, caching, replication, and a web administration interface.
– Apache Solr 5.1.0 released http://www.apache.org/dyn/closer.cgi/lucene/solr/5.1.0
Apache Tomcat™ –an Open Source software implementation of the Java Servlet, JavaServer Pages, Java Expression Language and Java WebSocket technologies.
– Apache Tomcat 7.0.61 released http://tomcat.apache.org/download-70.cgi
Did You Know?
– Did you know that one of the largest Apache Cassandra deployments is at Apple, with over 75,000 nodes storing over 10 PB of data?
– Did you know that we’re always looking for Apache success stories that we can share with the community? Send newsworthy metrics/users/datapoints of Apache products to <firstname.lastname@example.org>!