As we’re ramping up for ApacheCon and Apache: Big Data next month, the community has been hard at work with the following activities:
ASF Board –management and oversight of the business and affairs of the corporation in accordance with the Foundation’s bylaws.
– ASF Operations Summary: May – Aug 2016 https://s.apache.org/1BsV
– Next Board Meeting: 19 October 2016. Board calendar and minutes available at http://apache.org/foundation/board/calendar.html
ASF Infrastructure –our distributed team on four continents keeps the ASF’s infrastructure running around the clock.
– 7M+ weekly checks yield steady performance at 99.79% uptime http://status.apache.org/
ApacheCon™ –the official conference series of The Apache Software Foundation.
– 4 weeks to go: Program, registration, and hotel discounts for Apache: Big Data and ApacheCon Europe/Seville http://apachecon.com/
Apache Calcite™ –a dynamic data management framework.
– Apache Calcite 1.10.0 released http://www.apache.org/dyn/closer.cgi/calcite/apache-calcite-1.10.0/
Apache Camel™ –a powerful Open Source integration framework based on known Enterprise Integration Patterns.
– Apache Camel 2.18.0 released http://camel.apache.org/download.html
Apache Jackrabbit™ –a fully compliant implementation of the Content Repository for Java(TM) Technology API, version 2.0 (JCR 2.0) as specified in the Java Specification Request 283 (JSR 283).
– Apache Jackrabbit 2.13.4 and Jackrabbit Oak 1.5.12 released http://jackrabbit.apache.org/downloads.html
Apache Kudu™ –an Open Source storage engine for structured data which supports low-latency random access together with efficient analytical access patterns.
– Apache Kudu 1.0.1 released http://kudu.apache.org/releases/1.0.1
Apache OpenOffice™ –leading Open Source office application and personal productivity suite for Windows, Linux, and Mac.
– The Apache OpenOffice Project Announces Apache OpenOffice v4.1.3 https://s.apache.org/JiCT
Apache Pirk (incubating) –a framework for scalable Private Information Retrieval (PIR).
– Apache Pirk 0.2.0-incubating released https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/release/incubator/pirk/0.2.0-incubating
Apache PredictionIO (incubating) –an Open Source Machine Learning Server built on top of state-of-the-art open source stack, that enables developers to manage and deploy production-ready predictive services for various kinds of machine learning tasks.
– Apache PredictionIO 0.10.0-incubating released https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/release/incubator/predictionio/0.10.0-incubating/
Apache Syncope™ –an Open Source system for managing digital identities in enterprise environments, implemented in Java EE technology.|
– Apache Syncope 1.2.9 released http://syncope.apache.org/downloads.html
Apache Tomcat™ –Open Source software implementation of the Java Servlet, JavaServer Pages, Java Unified Expression Language, Java WebSocket and JASPIC technologies.
– Apache Tomcat 9.0.0.M11 released http://tomcat.apache.org/download-90.cgi
– Apache Tomcat 8.0.38 and 8.5.6 released http://tomcat.apache.org/download-80.cgi
Did You Know?
– Did you know that the Apache Incubator, the entry path for all new incubating Apache projects, was first founded in October 2002? http://incubator.apache.org/
– Did you know that Apache project birthdays in October include Xalan & XML Graphics (12 yrs); Mina & Velocity (10 yrs); PDFBox (7 yrs); Thrift (6 yrs); JMeter (5 yrs); Cordova, Isis, OpenOffice (4 yrs); Chukwa and Jclouds (3 yrs); and Calcite (1 yr)? https://projects.apache.org/committees.html?date
– Did you know that bourse.societegenerale.fr is powered by Apache Wicket? https://wicket.apache.org
Apache Community Notices:
– The list of Apache project-related MeetUps can be found at http://apache.org/events/meetups.html
– Find out how you can participate with Apache community/projects/activities –opportunities open with Apache HTTP Server, Avro, ComDev (community development), Directory, Incubator, OODT, POI, Syncope, Tika, Trafodion, Zest, and more! https://helpwanted.apache.org/
– ApacheCon Europe will take place 14-18 November 2016 in Seville, Spain http://apachecon.com/
– The ASF Q1 FY2017 Report is available at https://s.apache.org/1BsV
# # #