Happy October! Here’s what happened over the past week:
ASF Board –management and oversight of the business and affairs of the corporation in accordance with the Foundation’s bylaws.
– ASF Operations Summary: May – Aug 2016 https://s.apache.org/1BsV
– Next Board Meeting: 19 October 2016. Board calendar and minutes available at http://apache.org/foundation/board/calendar.html
ASF Infrastructure –our distributed team on four continents keeps the ASF’s infrastructure running around the clock.
– 7M+ weekly checks yield clever performance at 99.69% uptime http://status.apache.org/
ApacheCon™ –the official conference series of The Apache Software Foundation.
– 5 weeks to go: Program, registration, and hotel discounts for Apache: Big Data and ApacheCon Europe/Seville http://apachecon.com/
Apache Buildr™ –a build system for Java-based applications, including support for Scala, Groovy and a growing number of JVM languages and tools.
– Apache Buildr 1.5.0 released http://buildr.apache.org/
Apache Commons™ EL –JSP 2.0 Expression Language Interpreter Implementation.
– Apache Commons EL moved to dormant http://commons.apache.org/dormant/commons-el/
Apache Impala (incubating) –a high-performance C++ and Java SQL query engine for data stored in Apache Hadoop-based clusters.
– Apache Impala (incubating) 2.7.0 released https://impala.incubator.apache.org/downloads.html
Apache Jackrabbit™ –a fully compliant implementation of the Content Repository for Java(TM) Technology API, version 2.0 (JCR 2.0) as specified in the Java Specification Request 283 (JSR 283).
– Apache Jackrabbit Oak 1.4.8 and 1.5.11 released http://jackrabbit.apache.org/downloads.html
Apache Log4j™ –a well known framework for logging application behavior.
– Apache Log4j 2.7 released http://logging.apache.org/log4j/2.x/
Apache POI™ –Open Source libraries used for reading and writing files in Microsoft® Office formats.
– Apache POI Celebrates 15 Years at The Apache Software Foundation https://s.apache.org/IKz0
Apache Qpid™ –JMS client supporting the Advanced Message Queuing Protocol 1.0 (AMQP 1.0, ISO/IEC 19464), based round the Apache Qpid Proton protocol engine and implementing the AMQP JMS Mapping as it evolves at OASIS.
– Apache Qpid JMS 0.11.1 released http://qpid.apache.org/download.html
Apache Streams (incubating) –unifies a diverse world of digital profiles and online activities into common formats and vocabularies, and makes these datasets accessible across a variety of databases, devices, and platforms for streaming, browsing, search, sharing, and analytics use-cases.
– Apache Streams 0.3-incubating released http://www.apache.org/dyn/closer.cgi/incubator/streams/releases/0.3-incubating/
Apache Tomcat™ –Open Source software implementation of the Java Servlet, JavaServer Pages, Java Unified Expression Language, Java WebSocket and JASPIC technologies.
– Apache Tomcat Native 1.2.10 released http://tomcat.apache.org/download-native.cgi
– Tomcat Connectors 1.2.42 released http://tomcat.apache.org/download-connectors.cgi
– CVE-2016-6808 Apache Tomcat JK ISAPI Connector buffer overflow http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/www-announce/201610.mbox/%3Cd4132868-5af1-b8f3-b3b2-b32e86e2f822%40apache.org%3E
Did You Know?
– Did you know that you can help test Apache Struts 2.5.3 and 2.3.31? http://markmail.org/thread/edxlswmit7nu2rf2
– Did you know that Criteo Labs uses Apache Kafka to handle 500B msgs/day? http://kafka.apache.org/
– Did you know that SWITCH uses Apache Syncope for secure digital identity with single sign-on capabilities and connections with other services? http://syncope.apache.org/
Apache Community Notices:
– The list of Apache project-related MeetUps can be found at http://apache.org/events/meetups.html
– Find out how you can participate with Apache community/projects/activities –opportunities open with Apache HTTP Server, Avro, ComDev (community development), Directory, Incubator, OODT, POI, Syncope, Tika, Trafodion, Zest, and more! https://helpwanted.apache.org/
– ApacheCon Europe will take place 14-18 November 2016 in Seville, Spain http://apachecon.com/
– The ASF Q1 FY2017 Report is available at https://s.apache.org/1BsV
# # #