We’ve hit our 100th Weekly News Round-up! Here’s what the Apache community has been up to:
ASF Board –management and oversight of the business and affairs of the corporation in accordance with the Foundation’s Bylaws.
– Next Board Meeting: 21 September 2016. Board calendar and minutes available at http://apache.org/foundation/board/calendar.html
ASF Infrastructure –our distributed team on four continents keeps the ASF’s infrastructure running around the clock.
– 7M+ weekly checks yield sparkly performance at 99.91% uptime http://status.apache.org/
ApacheCon™ –the official conference series of The Apache Software Foundation.
– CFP closes 9 September for Apache: Big Data and ApacheCon Europe/Seville http://apachecon.com/
– UPDATE: Travel Assistance applications due 16 September http://www.apache.org/travel/
Apache Allura™ –an Open Source implementation of a software forge, a Web site that manages source code repositories, bug reports, discussions, wiki pages, blogs, and more for any number of individual projects.
– Apache Allura 1.5.0 released https://allura.apache.org/
Apache CloudStack™ –mature, easy-to-deploy Open Source Cloud computing software that meets the demands of the world’s largest Cloud providers.
– Apache CloudStack 4.9 released https://s.apache.org/jU7Q
Apache Commons™ Configuration –provides a generic configuration interface which enables an application to read configuration data from a variety of sources.
– Commons Configuration 2.1 released http://commons.apache.org/proper/commons-configuration/download_configuration.cgi
Apache Geode (incubating) –a data management platform that provides a database-like consistency model, reliable transaction processing and a shared-nothing architecture to maintain very low latency performance with high concurrency processing.
– Apache Geode 1.0.0-incubating.M3 released http://geode.incubator.apache.org/releases/
Apache Johnzon™ –an implementation of JsonProcessing (aka jsr-353) and a set of useful extension for this specification like an Object mapper, some JAX-RS providers and a WebSocket module provides a basic integration with Java WebSocket API (JSR 356).
– Apache Johnzon 0.9.5 released http://johnzon.apache.org/
Apache Kudu™ –an Open Source storage engine for structured data that supports low-latency random access together with efficient analytical access patterns.
– Apache Kudu 0.10.0 released http://kudu.apache.org/releases/0.10.0/
Did You Know?
– Did you know that in Apache Phoenix 4.8 a DISTINCT query went from a full table scan to distinct value seeks (300sec -> 0.5sec)? http://phoenix.apache.org/
– Did you know that the Apache HBase project is seeking anonymous feedback? https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/NCZDXLJ
– Did you know that since its inception in 1999, nearly 15,000 people have contributed code to the ASF? https://twitter.com/snoot_io/status/762939854984450048
Apache Community Notices:
– Find out how you can participate with Apache community/projects/activities –opportunities open with Avro, ComDev, Directory, Apache HTTP Server, OODT, Poi, Syncope, Tika, Trafodion, and Zest! https://helpwanted.apache.org/
– The list of Apache project-related MeetUps can be found at http://apache.org/events/meetups.html
– The next Cassandra Summit will be held 7-9 September 2016 in San Jose https://cfp.cassandrasummit.org/
– ApacheCon Europe will take place 14-18 November 2016 in Seville, Spain http://apachecon.com/
– The second ASF Annual Report is available at https://s.apache.org/pTMX
# # #