Here we are –the last day of the year–
we wish everyone a happy new year. Thank you
for your dedicated readership: below is our final weekly round-up for 2021; we’ll
be back in your inbox in 2022:
ASF Board – management and oversight of the business affairs of the corporation in accordance with the Foundation’s bylaws.
– Next Board Meeting: 19 January 2022. Board calendar and minutes https://apache.org/foundation/board/calendar.html
ASF Infrastructure – our distributed team on three continents keeps the ASF’s infrastructure running around the clock.
7M+ weekly checks yield uptime at 100.00%. Performance checks across 50
different service components spread over more than 250 machines in data
centers around the world. View the ASF’s Infrastructure Uptime site to see the most recent averages.
Apache Code Snapshot –
Over the past week, 183 Apache Committers changed 8,306,446 lines of
code over 2,124 commits. Top 5 contributors, in order, are: Gary Gregory, Claus Ibsen, Michael Osipov, Jacques Le Roux, and Tilman Hausherr.
Apache Project Announcements – the latest updates by category.
– Apache SkyWalking Nginx LUA 0.6.0 and Satellite 0.5.0 released
Did You Know?
– Did you know that the latest details on Apache Log4j vulnerabilities are
available on the Apache Logging Services security page? https://logging.apache.org/log4j/2.x/security.html
– Did you know that dozens of organizations such as Amazon, AT&T,
Facebook (Meta), Uber, and Zillow use Apache Sedona (incubating) for
their geospatial data processing pipelines?
– Did you know that tax-deductible donations support the ASF’s day-to-day
operations that benefit 350+ Apache Projects and their communities?
Donate online using ACH, credit card, PayPal, Apple Pay, Google Pay, and
Microsoft Pay https://donate.apache.org/
Apache Community Notices
– The Apache Way to Sustainable Open Source Success
– Presentations from 2021’s ApacheCon Asia and ApacheCon@Home are available on the ASF YouTube channel.
– “Success at Apache” focuses on the people and processes behind why the ASF “just works.”
– Inside Infra: the new interview series with members of the ASF infrastructure team –meet
Chris Thistlethwaite https://s.apache.org/InsideInfra-Chris
Drew Foulks https://s.apache.org/InsideInf
Greg Stein Part I https://s.apache.org/InsideInfra-Greg
…Part II https://s.apache.org/InsideInfra-Greg2 and Part III https://s.apache.org/InsideInfra-Greg3
Daniel Gruno Part I https://s.apache.org/InsideInfra-Daniel1 and Part II https://s.apache.org/InsideInfra-Daniel2
Gavin McDonald Part I https://s.apache.org/InsideInfra-Gavin and Part II https://s.apache.org/InsideInfra-Gavin2
Andrew Wetmore Part I https://s.apache.org/InsideInfra-Andrew and Part II https://s.apache.org/InsideInfra-Andrew2
Chris Lambertus Part I https://s.apache.org/InsideInfra-ChrisL and Part II https://s.apache.org/InsideInfra-ChrisL2
Stay updated about The ASF
real-time updates, sign up for Apache-related news by sending mail to
firstname.lastname@example.org and follow @TheASF on Twitter. For a
broader spectrum from the Apache community, https://twitter.com/PlanetApache provides an aggregate of Project activities as well as the personal blogs and tweets of select ASF Committers.