Hello, everyone –let’s review the Apache community’s activities from over the past week:
The Apache Software Foundation – the all-volunteer developers, stewards,
and incubators of more than 350 Open Source projects and initiatives.
– The Apache Software Foundation Welcomes 52 New Members https://s.apache.org/2022NewMembers
ApacheCon™ – the ASF’s official global conference series, bringing Tomorrow’s Technology Today since 1998.
– CFP for ApacheCon North America 2022 (taking place 3-6 October in New Orleans) is now open https://blogs.apache.org/conferences/entry/call-for-presentations-apachecon-north
ASF Board – management and oversight of the business affairs of the corporation in accordance with the Foundation’s bylaws.
– Next Board Meeting: 20 April 2022. Running Board calendar and minutes are available.
ASF Infrastructure – our distributed team on three continents keeps the ASF’s infrastructure running around the clock.
– 7M+ weekly checks yield uptime at 100.00%. Performance checks across 50 different service components spread over more than 250 machines in data centers around the world. View the ASF’s Infrastructure Uptime site to see the most recent averages.
Apache Code Snapshot – Over the past week, 355 Apache Committers changed 17,006,169 lines of code over 3,843 commits. Top 5 contributors, in order, are: Andi Huber, Claus Ibsen, Gary Gregory, Andrea Cosentino, and Chesnay Schepler.
Apache Project Announcements – the latest updates by category.
Big Data —
– Apache Flink Kubernetes Operator 0.1.0 released
– Apache NiFi 1.16.0 released
— CVE-2022-26850: Insufficiently protected credentials
– Apache Pinot 0.10.0 released
— CVE-2022-23974: Pinot segment push endpoint has a vulnerability in unprotected environments
– Apache Impala 3.4.1 released
– Apache Daffodil VS Code 1.0.0
– Apache SkyWalking CLI 0.10.0 released
Did You Know?
– Did you know that those interested in attending ApacheCon NA 2022 (3-6
October/New Orleans) but are unable to do so for financial reasons are
invited to apply for Travel Assistance support? Applications open until 1
– Did you know that the ASF Infrastructure team launched a new GitBox platform with upgraded features and services?
– Did you know that Beam Summit will be held both online and in-person in Austin, Texas, 18-20 July? https://2022.beamsummit.org/
Apache Community Notices
– Apache in 2021 – By The Digits + Video highlights
– Watch “Trillions and Trillions Served“, the documentary on the ASF 1) full feature [49 min] 2) “Apache Everywhere” [6 min] 3) “Why Apache” [2.5 min] 4) “Apache Innovation” [40 min]
– ASF Annual Report: FY2021 — Press release and Report (PDF)
– The Apache Way to Sustainable Open Source Success
– Foundation Reports and Statements
– Presentations from 2021’s ApacheCon Asia and ApacheCon@Home are available on the ASF YouTube channel.
– “Success at Apache” focuses on the people and processes behind why the ASF “just works.”
– Follow the ASF on social media: @TheASF on Twitter and The ASF page LinkedIn.
– Follow the Apache Community on Facebook and Twitter.
Stay updated about The ASF
For real-time updates, sign up for Apache-related news by sending mail to email@example.com and follow @TheASF on Twitter. For a broader spectrum from the Apache community, Planet Apache provides an aggregate of Project activities as well as the personal blogs and tweets of select ASF Committers.