We’re wrapping up another great week with the following activities from the Apache community:
ASF Board – management and oversight of the business affairs of the corporation in accordance with the Foundation’s bylaws.
– Next Board Meeting: 15 December 2021. Board calendar and minutes https://apache.org/foundation/board/calendar.html
ASF Infrastructure – our distributed team on three continents keeps the ASF’s infrastructure running around the clock.
7M+ weekly checks yield uptime at 99.97%. Performance checks across 50
different service components spread over more than 250 machines in data
centers around the world. View the ASF’s Infrastructure Uptime site to see the most recent averages.
Apache Code Snapshot –
Over the past week, 303 Apache Committers changed 18,449,074 lines of
code over 6,624 commits. Top 5 contributors, in order, are: Krist Wongsuphasawat, Jesse Yang, Ville Brofeldt, Yongjie Zhao, and Harikrishna Patnala.
Apache Project Announcements – the latest updates by category.
– Apache APISIX 2.10.2 released
— CVE-2021-43557: Path traversal in request_uri variable
Big Data —
– Apache Beam 2.34.0 released
Cloud Computing —
– Apache Kafka 2.6.3 released
– Apache JSPWiki 2.11.0 released
— CVE-2021-44140: Arbitrary file deletion on logout
— CVE-2021-40369: Cross-site scripting vulnerability on Denounce plugin
Enterprise Processes Automation / ERP —
– Apache OFBiz 18.12.02 released
– Apache Camel 3.11.4 (LTS) released
– Apache Qpid Dispatch 1.18.0 released
Did You Know?
– Did you know that Giving Tuesday, the global day of giving, takes place
this year on Tuesday 30 November. Your individual and corporate
donations help the all-volunteer ASF continue to steward 350+ Apache
Projects and their communities, and provide more than $22B worth of
Apache software to the public good at 100% no charge? https://donate.apache.org/
– Did you know that you can learn more about Apache TVM –the ASF’s first
full stack software and hardware co-optimization project– at TVMCon,
taking place online and free-of-charge 15-17 December?
– Did you know that the New Zealand government uses Apache Wicket for its national statistics Website?
Apache Community Notices
– The Apache Month in Review: October 2021 and video highlights
– Watch “Trillions and Trillions Served“, the documentary on the ASF 1) full feature [49 min] 2) “Apache Everywhere” [6 min] 3) “Why Apache” [2.5 min] 4) “Apache Innovation” [40 min]
– ASF Annual Report: FY2021 — Press release and Report (PDF)
– The Apache Way to Sustainable Open Source Success
– Foundation Reports and Statements
– Presentations from 2021’s ApacheCon Asia and ApacheCon@Home are available on the ASF YouTube channel.
– “Success at Apache” focuses on the people and processes behind why the ASF “just works.”
– Inside Infra: the new interview series with members of the ASF infrastructure team –meet
Chris Thistlethwaite https://s.apache.org/InsideInfra-Chris
Drew Foulks https://s.apache.org/InsideInf
Greg Stein Part I https://s.apache.org/InsideInfra-Greg
…Part II https://s.apache.org/InsideInfra-Greg2 and Part III https://s.apache.org/InsideInfra-Greg3
Daniel Gruno Part I https://s.apache.org/InsideInfra-Daniel1 and Part II https://s.apache.org/InsideInfra-Daniel2
Gavin McDonald Part I https://s.apache.org/InsideInfra-Gavin and Part II https://s.apache.org/InsideInfra-Gavin2
Andrew Wetmore Part I https://s.apache.org/InsideInfra-Andrew and Part II https://s.apache.org/InsideInfra-Andrew2
Chris Lambertus Part I https://s.apache.org/InsideInfra-ChrisL and Part II https://s.apache.org/InsideInfra-ChrisL2
– Follow the ASF on social media: @TheASF on Twitter and The ASF page LinkedIn.
– Follow the Apache Community on Facebook and Twitter.
Stay updated about The ASF
real-time updates, sign up for Apache-related news by sending mail to
email@example.com and follow @TheASF on Twitter. For a
broader spectrum from the Apache community, https://twitter.com/PlanetApache provides an aggregate of Project activities as well as the personal blogs and tweets of select ASF Committers.