Happy Friday! Let’s take a look at what the Apache community has been up to over the past week:
ASF Board – management and oversight of the business affairs of the corporation in accordance with the Foundation’s bylaws.
– Next Board Meeting: 20 April 2022. Running Board calendar and minutes are available.
ASF Infrastructure – our distributed team on three continents keeps the ASF’s infrastructure running around the clock.
– 7M+ weekly checks yield uptime at 100.00%. Performance checks across 50 different service components spread over more than 250 machines in data centers around the world. View the ASF’s Infrastructure Uptime site to see the most recent averages.
Apache Code Snapshot – Over the past week, 328 Apache Committers changed 10,109,144 lines of code over 3,415 commits. Top 5 contributors, in order, are: Mark Thomas, Chesnay Schepler, Gary Gregory, Jean-Baptiste Onofré, and Claus Ibsen.
Apache Project Announcements – the latest updates by category.
Big Data —
– Apache Beam 2.37.0 released
– Apache Jackrabbit Oak 1.6.23 released
Cloud Computing —
– Apache Kafka 3.0.1 released
– Apache Libcloud 3.5.0 released
– CVE-2022-26779: Apache Cloudstack: insecure random number generation affects project email invitation
– Apache Geode 1.13.8 released
– Apache Camel 3.11.6 (LTS) released
– Apache Commons Daemon 1.3.0 released
– Apache ActiveMQ 5.17.0 released
– Apache Curator 5.2.1 released
– Apache SkyWalking NodeJS 0.4.0 released
Programming Languages —
– Apache Groovy 4.0.1 released
– Apache HTTP Server 2.4.53 released
— CVE-2022-23943: mod_sed: Read/write beyond bounds
— CVE-2022-22721: Possible buffer overflow with very large or unlimited LimitXMLRequestBody
— CVE-2022-22720: HTTP request smuggling vulnerability in Apache HTTP Server 2.4.52 and earlier
— CVE-2022-22719: mod_lua Use of uninitialized value of in r:parsebody
– Apache Tomcat 8.5.77, 9.0.60, 10.0.18, 10.1.0-M12 (alpha) released
– Apache Traffic Server 9.1.2 released
– Apache HttpComponents Core 5.2-beta1 released
– Apache Airflow Helm Chart 1.5.0 released
Did You Know?
– Did you know that the Apache Druid community will be holding a hybrid meetup on 29 March?
– Did you know that the Bangor Australia’s Bangor Brumbies Football Club site uses Apache Wicket?
– Did you know that you can support the ASF through one-time and recurring
tax-deductible donations online using Apple Pay, Google Pay, and
Microsoft Pay using your mobile phone? https://donate.apache.org/
Apache Community Notices
– Apache in 2021 – By The Digits + Video highlights
– Watch “Trillions and Trillions Served“, the documentary on the ASF 1) full feature [49 min] 2) “Apache Everywhere” [6 min] 3) “Why Apache” [2.5 min] 4) “Apache Innovation” [40 min]
– ASF Annual Report: FY2021 — Press release and Report (PDF)
– The Apache Way to Sustainable Open Source Success
– Foundation Reports and Statements
– Presentations from 2021’s ApacheCon Asia and ApacheCon@Home are available on the ASF YouTube channel.
– “Success at Apache” focuses on the people and processes behind why the ASF “just works.”
– Follow the ASF on social media: @TheASF on Twitter and The ASF page LinkedIn.
– Follow the Apache Community on Facebook and Twitter.
Stay updated about The ASF
For real-time updates, sign up for Apache-related news by sending mail to firstname.lastname@example.org and follow @TheASF on Twitter. For a broader spectrum from the Apache community, Planet Apache provides an aggregate of Project activities as well as the personal blogs and tweets of select ASF Committers.