We’re opening March with a cracking week. Here’s what the Apache community has been up to:
Sponsor Apache – a number of tax-deductible sponsorships help offset the ASF’s day-to-day operating expenses that include infrastructure support, bandwidth, connectivity, servers, hardware, development environments, legal counsel, accounting services, trademark protection, marketing and publicity, educational events, and more.
– The Apache Software Foundation Welcomes VMware as its Newest Platinum Sponsor
ASF Board – management and oversight of the business affairs of the corporation in accordance with the Foundation’s bylaws.
– Announcing New ASF Board of Directors, elected during this week’s Members’ Meeting.
– Next Board Meeting: 16 March 2022. Running Board calendar and minutes are available.
ASF Infrastructure – our distributed team on three continents keeps the ASF’s infrastructure running around the clock.
– 7M+ weekly checks yield uptime at 100.00%. Performance checks across 50 different service components spread over more than 250 machines in data centers around the world. View the ASF’s Infrastructure Uptime site to see the most recent averages.
Apache Code Snapshot – Over the past week, 332 Apache Committers changed 880,561 lines of code over 3,128 commits. Top 5 contributors, in order, are: Olivier Lamy, Andrea Cosentino, Claus Ibsen, Sebastian Rühl, and Eric Milles.
Apache Project Announcements – the latest updates by category.
– Apache PDFBox JBIG2 ImageIO plugin 3.0.4 released
Logging Services —
– Apache Log4j 2.17.2 released
– Apache Tomcat 9.0.59, 10.0.17 and 10.1.0-M11 (alpha) released
– CVE-2021-45229: Apache Airflow: Reflected XSS via Origin Query Argument in URL
Did You Know?
– Did you know that the Apache Ignite community’s CFP for IgniteSummit (taking place online 14 June) closes on 29 April?
– Did you know that HugeGraph (incubating), a large-scale and easy-to-use graph database that stores and queries billions of vertices and edges, is the newest podling undergoing development in the Apache Incubator?
– Did you know that the ASF manages 2,180 mailing lists, 486 of which are private? Over the past year, 19,053 authors sent 1,946,990 emails on 869,461 topics!
Apache Community Notices
– The Apache Way to Sustainable Open Source Success
– Presentations from 2021’s ApacheCon Asia and ApacheCon@Home are available on the ASF YouTube channel.
– “Success at Apache” focuses on the people and processes behind why the ASF “just works.”
Stay updated about The ASF
For real-time updates, sign up for Apache-related news by sending mail to email@example.com and follow @TheASF on Twitter. For a broader spectrum from the Apache community, Planet Apache provides an aggregate of Project activities as well as the personal blogs and tweets of select ASF Committers.