Hello, everyone –let’s review the Apache community’s activities from over the past week:
Apache Software Foundation Statement at 8 February 2022 Senate Committee hearing on Homeland Security and Government Affairs https://s.apache.org/485lz
ASF Board – management and oversight of the business affairs of the corporation in accordance with the Foundation’s bylaws.
– Next Board Meeting: 16 February 2022. Board calendar and minutes https://apache.org/foundation/board/calendar.html
ASF Infrastructure – our distributed team on three continents keeps the ASF’s infrastructure running around the clock.
7M+ weekly checks yield uptime at 100.00%. Performance checks across 50
different service components spread over more than 250 machines in data
centers around the world. View the ASF’s Infrastructure Uptime site to see the most recent averages.
Apache Code Snapshot –
Over the past week, 308 Apache Committers changed 5,335,315 lines of
code over 2,989 commits. Top 5 contributors, in order, are: Gary Gregory, Emmanuel Lecharny, Mark Thomas, Liang Zhang, and Tilmann Zäschke.
Apache Project Announcements – the latest updates by category.
– Apache APISIX 2.10.2 released
— CVE-2022-24112: apisix/batch-requests plugin allows overwriting the X-REAL-IP header
Big Data —
– Apache Beam 2.36.0 released
– Apache Traffic Control 6.1.0 released
— CVE-2022-23206: Server-Side Request Forgery in Traffic Ops endpoint POST /user/login/oauth
– Apache Tika 2.3.0 released
— Apache Tika 1.x End-Of-Life (EOL) announcement https://s.apache.org/lkqid
– Apache Jackrabbit 2.21.10 released
– Apache JDO 3.2 released
– Apache Cassandra CVE-2021-44521: Remote code execution for scripted UDFs
– Apache James 3.6.2 released
— CVE-2022-22931: Path traversal in Apache James
Web Frameworks —
– Apache Wicket 9.8.0 released
Did You Know?
– Did you know that you can scale Apache SkyWalking in Kubernetes natively? https://skywalking.apache.org/blog/2022-01-24-scaling-with-apache-skywalking/
– Did you know that the next Apache Ignite Community Gathering MeetUp will take place online on 16 February?
– Did you know that the ASF’s seven-member Infrastructure team performs
7M+ weekly checks to ensure services are available around the clock to
all Apache Projects and their communities? Average uptime in January
2022 was 100%!
Apache Community Notices
– Apache in 2021 – By The Digits + Video highlights
– The Apache Month in Review: January 2022 and video highlights
– Watch “Trillions and Trillions Served“, the documentary on the ASF 1) full feature [49 min] 2) “Apache Everywhere” [6 min] 3) “Why Apache” [2.5 min] 4) “Apache Innovation” [40 min]
– ASF Annual Report: FY2021 — Press release and Report (PDF)
– The Apache Way to Sustainable Open Source Success
– Foundation Reports and Statements
– Presentations from 2021’s ApacheCon Asia and ApacheCon@Home are available on the ASF YouTube channel.
– “Success at Apache” focuses on the people and processes behind why the ASF “just works.”
– Inside Infra: the new interview series with members of the ASF infrastructure team –meet
Chris Thistlethwaite https://s.apache.org/InsideInfra-Chris
Drew Foulks https://s.apache.org/InsideInf
Greg Stein Part I https://s.apache.org/InsideInfra-Greg
…Part II https://s.apache.org/InsideInfra-Greg2 and Part III https://s.apache.org/InsideInfra-Greg3
Daniel Gruno Part I https://s.apache.org/InsideInfra-Daniel1 and Part II https://s.apache.org/InsideInfra-Daniel2
Gavin McDonald Part I https://s.apache.org/InsideInfra-Gavin and Part II https://s.apache.org/InsideInfra-Gavin2
Andrew Wetmore Part I https://s.apache.org/InsideInfra-Andrew and Part II https://s.apache.org/InsideInfra-Andrew2
Chris Lambertus Part I https://s.apache.org/InsideInfra-ChrisL and Part II https://s.apache.org/InsideInfra-ChrisL2
– Follow the ASF on social media: @TheASF on Twitter and The ASF page LinkedIn.
– Follow the Apache Community on Facebook and Twitter.
Stay updated about The ASF
real-time updates, sign up for Apache-related news by sending mail to
email@example.com and follow @TheASF on Twitter. For a
broader spectrum from the Apache community, https://twitter.com/PlanetApache provides an aggregate of Project activities as well as the personal blogs and tweets of select ASF Committers.