Welcome, February –we’re opening the month with another great week. Here’s what the Apache community has been up to:
ASF Board – management and oversight of the business affairs of the corporation in accordance with the Foundation’s bylaws.
– Next Board Meeting: 16 February 2022. Board calendar and minutes https://apache.org/foundation/board/calendar.html
ASF Infrastructure – our distributed team on three continents keeps the ASF’s infrastructure running around the clock.
7M+ weekly checks yield uptime at 99.89%. Performance checks across 50
different service components spread over more than 250 machines in data
centers around the world. View the ASF’s Infrastructure Uptime site to see the most recent averages.
Apache Code Snapshot –
Over the past week, 303 Apache Committers changed 9,625,849 lines of
code over 3,255 commits. Top 5 contributors, in order, are: Jean-Baptiste Onofré, Claus Ibsen, Sebastian Bazley, Guillaume Nodet, and Eric Milles.
Apache Project Announcements – the latest updates by category.
Business Intelligence —
– Apache Superset CVE-2021-44451: API sensitive information leak
– Apache Pulsar CVE-2021-41571: Pulsar Admin API allows access to data from other tenants using getMessageById API
– Apache Linkis (incubating) released
Programming Languages —
– Apache Groovy 4.0.0 released
Did You Know?
– Did you know that the following Apache Projects are celebrating
anniversaries this month? Congratulations to Apache HTTP Server (27
years!); Gump and Portals (18 years); Directory, MyFaces, and Xerces (17
years); Tapestry (16 years); Roller (15 years); Cassandra and
Subversion (12 years); Chemistry (11 years); BVal and OpenNLP (10
years); Clerezza (9 years); Knox and Spark (8 years); DataFu (4 years);
Unomi (3 years); Daffodil, Ratis, and Solr (2 years)! https://projects.apache.org/committees.html?date
– Did you know that the ASF is joining the Open Geospatial Consortium and
Open Source Geospatial Foundation to hold the 2022 Joint OGC-OSGeo-ASF
Code Sprint, taking place 8-10 March? Those interested in helping
advance OGC Standards through numerous Apache and OSGeo projects are
invited to learn more and sign up at https://portal.ogc.org/public_ogc/register/220225asf_codesprint.php
– Did you know that the CFP for Airflow Summit (taking place online 23-27 May) is now open?
Apache Community Notices
– The Apache Way to Sustainable Open Source Success
– Presentations from 2021’s ApacheCon Asia and ApacheCon@Home are available on the ASF YouTube channel.
– “Success at Apache” focuses on the people and processes behind why the ASF “just works.”
– Inside Infra: the new interview series with members of the ASF infrastructure team –meet
Chris Thistlethwaite https://s.apache.org/InsideInfra-Chris
Drew Foulks https://s.apache.org/InsideInf
Greg Stein Part I https://s.apache.org/InsideInfra-Greg
…Part II https://s.apache.org/InsideInfra-Greg2 and Part III https://s.apache.org/InsideInfra-Greg3
Daniel Gruno Part I https://s.apache.org/InsideInfra-Daniel1 and Part II https://s.apache.org/InsideInfra-Daniel2
Gavin McDonald Part I https://s.apache.org/InsideInfra-Gavin and Part II https://s.apache.org/InsideInfra-Gavin2
Andrew Wetmore Part I https://s.apache.org/InsideInfra-Andrew and Part II https://s.apache.org/InsideInfra-Andrew2
Chris Lambertus Part I https://s.apache.org/InsideInfra-ChrisL and Part II https://s.apache.org/InsideInfra-ChrisL2
Stay updated about The ASF
real-time updates, sign up for Apache-related news by sending mail to
email@example.com and follow @TheASF on Twitter. For a
broader spectrum from the Apache community, https://twitter.com/PlanetApache provides an aggregate of Project activities as well as the personal blogs and tweets of select ASF Committers.