Farewell, January –we’re wrapping up the month with another great week. Here are the latest updates on the Apache
ASF Board – management and oversight of the business affairs of the corporation in accordance with the Foundation’s bylaws.
– Next Board Meeting: 16 February 2022. Board calendar and minutes https://apache.org/foundation/board/calendar.html
ASF Infrastructure – our distributed team on three continents keeps the ASF’s infrastructure running around the clock.
7M+ weekly checks yield uptime at 100.00%. Performance checks across 50
different service components spread over more than 250 machines in data
centers around the world. View the ASF’s Infrastructure Uptime site to see the most recent averages.
Apache Code Snapshot –
Over the past week, 337 Apache Committers changed 1,533,287 lines of
code over 3,738 commits. Top 5 contributors, in order, are: Jarek Potiuk, Sebastian Bazley, Claus Ibsen, Harikrishna Patnala, and Mark Thomas.
Apache Project Announcements – the latest updates by category.
– Apache ShenYu (Incubating) 2.4.2 released
— CVE-2022-23944: Improper access control
— CVE-2022-23945: Missing authentication allows gateway registration
Application Servers/Middleware —
– Apache Karaf runtime 4.3.6 released
— CVE-2021-41766: Insecure Java Deserialization
— CVE-2022-22932: Path traversal flaws
– Apache Tuweni (Incubating) 2.1.0 released
Cloud Computing —
– Apache Kafka 3.1.0 released
– Apache Jackrabbit Oak 1.22.10 released
– Apache Geode 1.14.3 released
– Apache Camel 3.14.1 (LTS) released
– Apache Hop 1.1.0 released
– Apache Tomcat CVE-2022-23181: Local Privilege Escalation
Web Frameworks —
– Apache Struts 2.5.29 released
Did You Know?
– Did you know that the ASF published a statement following the 13 January
meeting at the White House on the security of Open Source software? https://s.apache.org/jri14
– Did you know that members of the Apache Arrow, Flink, Kafka, Mahout,
Maven, OpenOffice, ShardingSphere, Spark, and other project communities
will be presenting at FOSDEM (taking place online 5-6 February)?
– Did you know that the CFP for Beam Summit (hybrid event taking place 18-20 July) closes on 15 March?
Apache Community Notices
– Apache in 2021 – By The Digits + Video highlights
– The Apache Month in Review: December 2021 and video highlights
– Watch “Trillions and Trillions Served“, the documentary on the ASF 1) full feature [49 min] 2) “Apache Everywhere” [6 min] 3) “Why Apache” [2.5 min] 4) “Apache Innovation” [40 min]
– ASF Annual Report: FY2021 — Press release and Report (PDF)
– The Apache Way to Sustainable Open Source Success
– Foundation Reports and Statements
– Presentations from 2021’s ApacheCon Asia and ApacheCon@Home are available on the ASF YouTube channel.
– “Success at Apache” focuses on the people and processes behind why the ASF “just works.”
– Inside Infra: the new interview series with members of the ASF infrastructure team –meet
Chris Thistlethwaite https://s.apache.org/InsideInfra-Chris
Drew Foulks https://s.apache.org/InsideInf
Greg Stein Part I https://s.apache.org/InsideInfra-Greg
…Part II https://s.apache.org/InsideInfra-Greg2 and Part III https://s.apache.org/InsideInfra-Greg3
Daniel Gruno Part I https://s.apache.org/InsideInfra-Daniel1 and Part II https://s.apache.org/InsideInfra-Daniel2
Gavin McDonald Part I https://s.apache.org/InsideInfra-Gavin and Part II https://s.apache.org/InsideInfra-Gavin2
Andrew Wetmore Part I https://s.apache.org/InsideInfra-Andrew and Part II https://s.apache.org/InsideInfra-Andrew2
Chris Lambertus Part I https://s.apache.org/InsideInfra-ChrisL and Part II https://s.apache.org/InsideInfra-ChrisL2
– Follow the ASF on social media: @TheASF on Twitter and The ASF page LinkedIn.
– Follow the Apache Community on Facebook and Twitter.
Stay updated about The ASF
real-time updates, sign up for Apache-related news by sending mail to
email@example.com and follow @TheASF on Twitter. For a
broader spectrum from the Apache community, https://twitter.com/PlanetApache provides an aggregate of Project activities as well as the personal blogs and tweets of select ASF Committers.