We’re wrapping up another great week with the following activities from the Apache community:
ASF Board – management and oversight of the business affairs of the corporation in accordance with the Foundation’s bylaws.
– Next Board Meeting: 16 February 2022. Board calendar and minutes https://apache.org/foundation/board/calendar.html
ASF Infrastructure – our distributed team on three continents keeps the ASF’s infrastructure running around the clock.
7M+ weekly checks yield uptime at 100.00%. Performance checks across 50
different service components spread over more than 250 machines in data
centers around the world. View the ASF’s Infrastructure Uptime site to see the most recent averages.
Apache Code Snapshot –
Over the past week, 339 Apache Committers changed 2,470,884 lines of
code over 3,505 commits. Top 5 contributors, in order, are: Gary Gregory, Claus Ibsen, Adam Kocoloski, Mark Thomas, and Tian Jiang.
Apache Project Announcements – the latest updates by category.
– Apache APISIX Java Plugin Runner 0.2.0 released
Enterprise Processes Automation / ERP —
– Apache OFBiz 17.12 End-Of-Life (EOL) announcement https://s.apache.org/hm5oe
– Apache Log4j CVE-2022-23302: Deserialization of untrusted data in JMSSink in Apache Log4j 1.x
— CVE-2022-23305: SQL injection in JDBC Appender in Apache Log4j V1
— CVE-2022-23307: A deserialization flaw in the Chainsaw component of Log4j 1 can lead to malicious code execution
– The Apache Software Foundation Announces Open Source data orchestration platform Apache® Hop™ as a Top-Level Project https://s.apache.org/4s3ci
– Apache SkyWalking Could on Kubernetes 0.6.1 released
Did You Know?
– Did you know that the following Apache projects are celebrating
anniversaries this month? Congratulations to Apache Cocoon, James, and
Web Services (19 years); Lucene (17 years); ActiveMQ (15 years); Hadoop
(14 years); River (11 years); Empire-db and Gora (10 years);
OpenMeetings (9 years); Samza (7 years); Arrow (6 years); Ranger (5
years); and Gobblin (1 year) https://projects.apache.org/committees.html?date
– Did you know that Netflix and Target are building modern analytics
applications to deliver interactive data experiences using Apache Druid?
– Did you know that Disney+Hotstar’s streaming data lakes injest 1 million
events per second using Apache Kafka, store 14tb of data per day in an
Apache HBase warehouse, and stream using Apache Hudi? https://projects.apache.org/projects.html?category
Apache Community Notices
– The Apache Way to Sustainable Open Source Success
– Presentations from 2021’s ApacheCon Asia and ApacheCon@Home are available on the ASF YouTube channel.
– “Success at Apache” focuses on the people and processes behind why the ASF “just works.”
– Inside Infra: the new interview series with members of the ASF infrastructure team –meet
Chris Thistlethwaite https://s.apache.org/InsideInfra-Chris
Drew Foulks https://s.apache.org/InsideInf
Greg Stein Part I https://s.apache.org/InsideInfra-Greg
…Part II https://s.apache.org/InsideInfra-Greg2 and Part III https://s.apache.org/InsideInfra-Greg3
Daniel Gruno Part I https://s.apache.org/InsideInfra-Daniel1 and Part II https://s.apache.org/InsideInfra-Daniel2
Gavin McDonald Part I https://s.apache.org/InsideInfra-Gavin and Part II https://s.apache.org/InsideInfra-Gavin2
Andrew Wetmore Part I https://s.apache.org/InsideInfra-Andrew and Part II https://s.apache.org/InsideInfra-Andrew2
Chris Lambertus Part I https://s.apache.org/InsideInfra-ChrisL and Part II https://s.apache.org/InsideInfra-ChrisL2
Stay updated about The ASF
real-time updates, sign up for Apache-related news by sending mail to
firstname.lastname@example.org and follow @TheASF on Twitter. For a
broader spectrum from the Apache community, https://twitter.com/PlanetApache provides an aggregate of Project activities as well as the personal blogs and tweets of select ASF Committers.