The week certainly feels like it has zipped by…luckily our community has remained steadily productive:
ASF Board –management and oversight of the business affairs of the corporation in accordance with the Foundation’s bylaws.
– Next Board Meeting: 21 November. Board calendar and minutes http://apache.org/foundation/board/calendar.html
ApacheCon™ –the ASF’s official global conference series, now in its 20th year.
– NOW OPEN: registration for Apache Roadshow DC and Open Source Job Fair! http://www.apachecon.com/usroadshow18/
ASF Infrastructure –our distributed team on three continents keeps the ASF’s infrastructure running around the clock.
– 7M+ weekly checks yield pert performance at 98.65% uptime. http://status.apache.org/
ASF Operations Factoid –this week, 514 Apache contributors changed 1,282,780 lines of code over 3,434 commits. Top 5 contributors, in order, are: Matt Benson, Pedro Boado, Andrea Cosentino, Tilman Hausherr, and Andrzej Kaczmarek.
Apache Beam™ –an Open Source unified programming model to define and execute data processing pipelines, including ETL, batch and stream (continuous) processing.
– Apache Beam 2.7.0 released https://beam.apache.org/
Apache Commons™ Text –Open Source software library that provides a host of algorithms focused on working with strings and blocks of text.
– Apache Commons Text 1.6 released http://commons.apache.org/
Apache Groovy™ –a multi-facet programming language for the JVM.
– Apache Groovy 2.5.3 released http://groovy.apache.org
Apache OpenMeetings™ –provides video conferencing, instant messaging, white board, collaborative document editing and other groupware tools using API functions of the Red5 Streaming Server for Remoting and Streaming.
– Apache OpenMeetings 4.0.6 released http://openmeetings.apache.org/
Apache Struts™ –an elegant, extensible framework for creating enterprise-ready Java Web applications.
– Apache Struts 2.3.36 GA and 2.5.18 GA released https://struts.apache.org/
Apache Tomcat™ –an Open Source software implementation of the Java Servlet, JavaServer Pages, Java Unified Expression Language, Java WebSocket and JASPIC technologies.
– Apache Tomcat JK Connectors 1.2.46 released https://tomcat.apache.org/
Apache Velocity™ Tools –a library of template tools and helpers to ease the use of the Apache Velocity template engine in standalone applications and in webapps.
– Apache Velocity Tools 3.0 released http://velocity.apache.org/
Did You Know?
– Did you know that you can catch up on dozens of presentations from ApacheCon via Feathercast, the voice of the ASF? https://feathercast.apache.org/
– Did you know that Pinterest processes over 800 billion events per day using Apache Kafka? http://kafka.apache.org/
– Did you know that, according to the 2018 Snyk/Java Magazine JVM Ecosystem report, Apache Maven "clearly dominates with a 3:1 ratio over its closest rival"? http://maven.apache.org/
Apache Community Notices:
– ASF Operations Summary: Q1 FY2019 https://s.apache.org/qiKn
– ASF Annual Report for FY2018 https://s.apache.org/FY2018AnnualReport
– The Apache Software Foundation Celebrates 19 Years of Open Source Leadership "The Apache Way" https://s.apache.org/gK4Q
– Read "Open – For Business – At the ASF" by Merv Adrian, VP Research at Gartner https://blogs.gartner.com/merv-adrian/2018/03/27/open-for-business-at-the-asf/
– The Apache Software Foundation 2018 Vision Statement https://s.apache.org/zqC3
– Apache in 2017 – By The Digits https://s.apache.org/h8do
– Foundation Statement –Apache Is Open. https://s.apache.org/PIRA
– "Success at Apache" focuses on the processes behind why the ASF "just works". https://blogs.apache.org/foundation/category/SuccessAtApache
– Please follow/like/re-tweet the ASF on social media: @TheASF on Twitter and on LinkedIn at https://www.linkedin.com/company/the-apache-software-foundation
– Do friend and follow us on the Apache Community Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/ApacheSoftwareFoundation/and Twitter account https://twitter.com/ApacheCommunity
– The list of Apache project-related MeetUps can be found at http://events.apache.org/event/meetups.html
– The Apache Big Data community will be at DataWorks Summit 18-21 March 2019 in Barcelona and 20-23 May 2019 in Washington DC https://dataworkssummit.com/
– Future dates for Spark + AI Summit 2019 announced: 23-25 April/San Francisco and 15-17 October/Amsterdam https://databricks.com/sparkaisummit/
– Block your calendars for ApacheCon North America: taking place in September 2019; announcing dates and details soon. http://apachecon.com/
– Find out how you can participate with Apache community/projects/activities –opportunities open with Apache HTTP Server, Avro, ComDev (community development), Directory, Incubator, OODT, POI, Polygene, Syncope, Tika, Trafodion, and more! https://helpwanted.apache.org/
# # #