Happy October! Let’s jump into a review of Apache business from the past week:
Success at Apache –a monthly blog series that focuses on the processes behind why the ASF "just works".
– Carrying forward the benefits. by Mikael Ståldal https://s.apache.org/kXez
ASF Board –management and oversight of the business affairs of the corporation in accordance with the Foundation’s bylaws.
– Next Board Meeting: 17 October. Board calendar and minutes http://apache.org/foundation/board/calendar.html
ApacheCon™ –the ASF’s official global conference series, now in its 20th year.
– Catch ApacheCon North America presentations and interviews via Feathercast https://feathercast.apache.org/ and https://www.youtube.com/user/TheApacheFoundation
– View, tag, and post #apachecon photos under a Creative Commons license on Flickr https://www.flickr.com/groups/apachecon/pool/
– CFP closes soon: Apache Roadshow DC and Open Source Job Fair 4 December. CFP open through 15 October; registration open http://www.apachecon.com/usroadshow18/
ASF Infrastructure –our distributed team on three continents keeps the ASF’s infrastructure running around the clock.
– 7M+ weekly checks yield reliable performance at 97.42% uptime. http://status.apache.org/
ASF Operations Factoid –this week, 472 Apache contributors changed 1,343,215 lines of code over 3,200 commits. Top 5 contributors, in order, are: Derek Gelinas, Wes McKinney, Om, Robert Newson, and Colm O hEigeartaigh.
Apache Geode™ –low latency, high concurrency Big Data management solutions.
– Apache Geode 1.7.0 released http://geode.apache.org/
Apache HTTP Server™ –the world’s most popular Web server since 1996.
– Apache HTTP Server 2.4.35 released http://httpd.apache.org/
Apache Jackrabbit™ –a scalable, high-performance hierarchical content repository designed for use as the foundation of modern world-class Web sites and other demanding content applications.
– Apache Jackrabbit 2.17.6 and Jackrabbit Oak 1.4.23 released http://jackrabbit.apache.org/
Apache OpenWebBeans™ Meecrowave –a small java enterprise application server framework fully based on Apache Tomcat9 and other JavaEE 8 technologies.
– Apache Meecrowave 1.2.4 released https://openwebbeans.apache.org/
Apache PDFBox™ –an Open Source Java tool for working with PDF documents.
– Apache PDFBox 1.8.16 and 2.0.12 released http://pdfbox.apache.org/
Apache Qpid™ –Multiple language implementation of the latest Advanced Message Queuing Protocol (AMQP)
– Apache Qpid JMS 0.37.0 released http://qpid.apache.org
Apache Subversion™ –the popular Open Source, centralized version control system.
– Apache Subversion 1.11.0-rc2 released https://subversion.apache.org/
Apache Tomcat™ –an Open Source software implementation of the Java Servlet, JavaServer Pages, Java Unified Expression Language, Java WebSocket and JASPIC technologies.
– CVE-2018-11784 Apache Tomcat – Open Redirect http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/www-announce/201810.mbox/%3C4cf697b0-db03-9eab-f2aa-54c2026d0e88%40apache.org%3E
Did You Know?
– Did you know that Apache Syncope’s end-user UI is accessible to the visually impaired? https://ci.apache.org/projects/syncope/2_1_X/reference-guide.html#accessibility
– Did you know that the first candidate for Apache NetBeans 10 (incubating) is available for users to try and provide feedback? https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/NETBEANS/10vc1
– Did you know that OrientDB 3.1.0 M1 supports Apache TinkerPop 3? http://tinkerpop.apache.org/
Apache Community Notices:
– ASF Operations Summary: Q1 FY2019 https://s.apache.org/qiKn
– ASF Annual Report for FY2018 https://s.apache.org/FY2018AnnualReport
– The Apache Software Foundation Celebrates 19 Years of Open Source Leadership "The Apache Way" https://s.apache.org/gK4Q
– Read "Open – For Business – At the ASF" by Merv Adrian, VP Research at Gartner https://blogs.gartner.com/merv-adrian/2018/03/27/open-for-business-at-the-asf/
– The Apache Software Foundation 2018 Vision Statement https://s.apache.org/zqC3
– Apache in 2017 – By The Digits https://s.apache.org/h8do
– Foundation Statement –Apache Is Open. https://s.apache.org/PIRA
– "Success at Apache" focuses on the processes behind why the ASF "just works". https://blogs.apache.org/foundation/category/SuccessAtApache
– Please follow/like/re-tweet the ASF on social media: @TheASF on Twitter and on LinkedIn at https://www.linkedin.com/company/the-apache-software-foundation
– Do friend and follow us on the Apache Community Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/ApacheSoftwareFoundation/and Twitter account https://twitter.com/ApacheCommunity
– The list of Apache project-related MeetUps can be found at http://events.apache.org/event/meetups.html
– The Apache Big Data community will be at DataWorks Summit 18-21 March 2019 in Barcelona and 20-23 May 2019 in Washington DC https://dataworkssummit.com/
– Find out how you can participate with Apache community/projects/activities –opportunities open with Apache HTTP Server, Avro, ComDev (community development), Directory, Incubator, OODT, POI, Polygene, Syncope, Tika, Trafodion, and more! https://helpwanted.apache.org/
# # #