Welcome, September. Here’s what the Apache community has been working on over the past week:
Success at Apache –a monthly blog series that focuses on the processes behind why the ASF "just works".
– 赢在 Apache: If it helps others, all the better. by Sally Khudairi https://s.apache.org/Et2y
ASF Board –management and oversight of the business affairs of the corporation in accordance with the Foundation’s bylaws.
– Next Board Meeting: 19 September. Board calendar and minutes http://apache.org/foundation/board/calendar.html
ApacheCon™ –the ASF’s official global conference series, now in its 20th year.
– 24-27 September: T-17 days to Montreal. Don’t miss 100+ Apache project and community sessions, from CloudStack to Spark to Tomcat to Geospatial to Hackathon, BarCamp, and more. Join us! http://apachecon.com/acna18/
– NEW DATE: 4 December: Apache Roadshow DC and Open Source Job Fair. CFP open through 15 October http://www.apachecon.com/usroadshow18/
ASF Infrastructure –our distributed team on three continents keeps the ASF’s infrastructure running around the clock.
– 7M+ weekly checks yield snazzy performance at 99.43% uptime. http://status.apache.org/
ASF Operations Factoid –this week, 313 Apache contributors changed 391,173 lines of code over 1,733 commits. Top 5 contributors, in order, are: Harbs, Andrea Cosentino, Raphael Luta, Jonathan Hung, and Carlos Sanchez Gonzalez.
Apache BookKeeper™ –a reliable replicated log service.
– Apache BookKeeper 4.7.2 released https://bookkeeper.apache.org/
Apache Daffodil (incubating) –an implementation of the Data Format Description Language (DFDL) used to convert between fixed format data and XML/JSON.
– Apache Daffodil (incubating) 2.2.0 released https://daffodil.apache.org/
Apache Directory™ –provides directory solutions entirely written in Java.
– Apache Directory LDAP API 2.0.0.AM2 released http://directory.apache.org/
Apache HBase™ –the Hadoop database; a distributed, scalable, Big Data store.
– Apache HBase 2.0.2 released http://hbase.apache.org
Apache Jackrabbit™ –a scalable, high-performance hierarchical content repository designed for use as the foundation of modern world-class Web sites and other demanding content applications.
– Apache Jackrabbit 2.14.6 and Jackrabbit Oak 1.8.7 and 1.9.8 released http://jackrabbit.apache.org/
Apache JSPWiki™ –a feature-rich and extensible WikiWiki engine built around the standard JEE components (Java, servlets, JSP).
– Apache JSPWiki 2.10.5 released https://jspwiki-wiki.apache.org/
Apache OpenMeetings™ –provides video conferencing, instant messaging, white board, collaborative document editing and other groupware tools.
– Apache OpenMeetings 4.0.5 is released http://openmeetings.apache.org
Apache OpenWebBeans™ –an ALv2-licensed implementation of the "Contexts and Dependency Injection for the Java EE platform" specification which is defined as JSR-299.
– Apache OpenWebBeans-2.0.7 CDI container released http://openwebbeans.apache.org
Apache Qpid™ –implements the latest AMQP specification, the first open standard for enterprise messaging.
– Apache Qpid for Java 6.1.7 released https://qpid.apache.org/
Apache SystemML™ –a machine learning platform optimal for Big Data.
– Apache SystemML 1.2.0 released http://systemml.apache.org/
Apache Tomcat™ Connectors –an Open Source implementation of the Java Servlet, JavaServer Pages, Java Expression Language and Java WebSocket technologies.
– Apache Tomcat Connectors 1.2.44 released https://tomcat.apache.org/
Did You Know?
– Did you know that the following Apache projects are celebrating anniversaries this month? Apache ServiceMix (11 years); Hive, Pig, and Shiro (8 years); Airavata, Bigtop, SIS, and Stanbol (6 years); Curator (5 years); Storm (4 years); Yetus (3 years); DRAT, RocketMQ, and Royale (2 years). Many happy returns! https://projects.apache.org/committees.html?date
– Did you know that during FY2018 ASF project contributors have added $624,946,835 worth of code? https://blogs.apache.org/foundation/entry/the-apache-software-foundation-announces37
– Did you know that Lufthansa uses Apache Wicket for its pre-flight eShop? http://wicket.apache.org/
Apache Community Notices:
– ASF Annual Report for FY2018 https://s.apache.org/FY2018AnnualReport
– The Apache Software Foundation Celebrates 19 Years of Open Source Leadership "The Apache Way" https://s.apache.org/gK4Q
– Read "Open – For Business – At the ASF" by Merv Adrian, VP Research at Gartner https://blogs.gartner.com/merv-adrian/2018/03/27/open-for-business-at-the-asf/
– The Apache Software Foundation 2018 Vision Statement https://s.apache.org/zqC3
– Apache in 2017 – By The Digits https://s.apache.org/h8do
– Foundation Statement –Apache Is Open. https://s.apache.org/PIRA
– "Success at Apache" focuses on the processes behind why the ASF "just works". https://blogs.apache.org/foundation/category/SuccessAtApache
– Please follow/like/re-tweet the ASF on social media: @TheASF on Twitter and on LinkedIn at https://www.linkedin.com/company/the-apache-software-foundation
– Do friend and follow us on the Apache Community Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/ApacheSoftwareFoundation/and Twitter account https://twitter.com/ApacheCommunity
– The list of Apache project-related MeetUps can be found at http://events.apache.org/event/meetups.html
– Catch members of the Apache community at Solutions Hamburg 12-14 September in Hamburg –stop by the Apache booth and say hello! https://solutions.hamburg/
– ApacheCon North America will be held 24-27 September in Montreal http://apachecon.com/
– The Apache Spark community will be presenting at In-Memory Computing Summit North America 2-3 October in San Francicso https://www.imcsummit.org/2018/us/
– The Apache Big Data community will be at DataWorks Summit 18-21 March 2019 in Barcelona and 20-23 May 2019 in Washington DC https://dataworkssummit.com/
– Find out how you can participate with Apache community/projects/activities –opportunities open with Apache HTTP Server, Avro, ComDev (community development), Directory, Incubator, OODT, POI, Polygene, Syncope, Tika, Trafodion, and more! https://helpwanted.apache.org/
# # #