** this post is our 500th "Foundation" entry on blogs.apache.org … shout-outs, emojis, and ascii art welcome <g> **
Hello, hello! It’s time for our Friday review of our activities over the past week:
ASF Board –management and oversight of the business affairs of the corporation in accordance with the Foundation’s bylaws.
– Next Board Meeting: 19 September. Board calendar and minutes http://apache.org/foundation/board/calendar.html
ApacheCon™ –the ASF’s official global conference series, now in its 20th year.
– 24-27 September: T-31 days to Montreal –100+ sessions of Apache project and community-driven goodness. Have you registered yet? http://apachecon.com/acna18/
ASF Infrastructure –our distributed team on three continents keeps the ASF’s infrastructure running around the clock.
– 7M+ weekly checks yield fab performance at 98.85% uptime. http://status.apache.org/
ASF Operations Factoid –this week, 389 Apache contributors changed 647,196 lines of code over 2,206 commits. Top 5 contributors, in order, are: Bridget Bevens, Andrea Cosentino, Willem Jiang, Peng Hui Jiang, and Kevin A. McGrail.
Apache Cayenne™ –a powerful, full-featured, Open Source framework created for developers working with relational databases.
– Apache Cayenne 4.0 final released https://cayenne.apache.org/
Apache Commons™ Lang –a package of Java utility classes for the classes that are in java.lang’s hierarchy, or are considered to be so standard as to justify existence in java.lang.
– Apache Commons Lang 3.8 released http://commons.apache.org/
Apache Directory™ –an extensible and embeddable directory server entirely written in Java, and certified LDAPv3 compatible by The Open Group.
– Apache DS 2.0.0.AM25 released http://directory.apache.org/
Apache Flink™ –an Open Source stream processing framework for distributed, high-performing, always-available, and accurate data streaming applications.
– Apache Flink 1.5.3 released https://flink.apache.org/
Apache HAWQ® –advanced Big Data query engine and analytic database in use at Alibaba, Haier, VMWare, ZTESoft, and hundreds more.
– The Apache Software Foundation Announces Apache® HAWQ® as a Top-Level Project https://s.apache.org/V43L
Apache Qpid™ –implements the latest AMQP specification, the first open standard for enterprise messaging, and provides transaction management, queuing, distribution, security, management, clustering, federation and heterogeneous multi-platform support and a lot more.
– Apache Qpid JMS AMQP 0-x 6.3.3 and Qpid JMS 0.36.0 released http://qpid.apache.org/
Apache Struts™ –an elegant, extensible framework for creating enterprise-ready Java Web applications.
– Apache Struts 2.3.35 GA with Security Fixes and 2.5.17 GA with Security Fixes released http://struts.apache.org
– CVE-2018-11776 Apache Struts 2.3 to 2.3.34 and 2.5 to 2.5.16 http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/www-announce/201808.mbox/%3CDB5PR08MB10623BF00ACDCA92BF685C63AF300%40DB5PR08MB1062.eurprd08.prod.outlook.com%3E
Apache Syncope™ –an Open Source system for managing digital identities in enterprise environments, implemented in Java EE technology.
– Apache Syncope 2.0.10 and 2.1.1 released http://syncope.apache.org/
Apache Tomcat™ –an Open Source software implementation of the Java Servlet, JavaServer Pages, Java Unified Expression Language, Java WebSocket and Java Authentication Service Provider Interface for Containers technologies.
– Apache Tomcat 8.5.33 and 9.0.11 released http://tomcat.apache.org/
Did You Know?
– Did you know that the Girl Scouts of the Green and White Mountains (New Hampshire and Vermont)’s STEM program on 22 September teaches girls how to code different Java programs and games using Apache NetBeans (incubating)? http://bit.ly/2N3xGdx
– Did you know that the CFP for MesosCon (5-7 November/NYC) is now open through 27 August? http://mesoscon2018.org
– Did you know that Chick-fil-A uses Apache MXNet (incubating) vision models to alert when their fries sit for too long? http://mxnet.apache.org/
Apache Community Notices:
– ASF Annual Report for FY2018 https://s.apache.org/FY2018AnnualReport
– The Apache Software Foundation Celebrates 19 Years of Open Source Leadership "The Apache Way" https://s.apache.org/gK4Q
– Read "Open – For Business – At the ASF" by Merv Adrian, VP Research at Gartner https://blogs.gartner.com/merv-adrian/2018/03/27/open-for-business-at-the-asf/
– The Apache Software Foundation 2018 Vision Statement https://s.apache.org/zqC3
– Apache in 2017 – By The Digits https://s.apache.org/h8do
– Foundation Statement –Apache Is Open. https://s.apache.org/PIRA
– "Success at Apache" focuses on the processes behind why the ASF "just works". https://blogs.apache.org/foundation/category/SuccessAtApache
– Please follow/like/re-tweet the ASF on social media: @TheASF on Twitter and on LinkedIn at https://www.linkedin.com/company/the-apache-software-foundation
– Do friend and follow us on the Apache Community Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/ApacheSoftwareFoundation/and Twitter account https://twitter.com/ApacheCommunity
– The list of Apache project-related MeetUps can be found at http://events.apache.org/event/meetups.html
– ApacheCon North America will be held 24-27 September in Montreal http://apachecon.com/
– Find out how you can participate with Apache community/projects/activities –opportunities open with Apache HTTP Server, Avro, ComDev (community development), Directory, Incubator, OODT, POI, Polygene, Syncope, Tika, Trafodion, and more! https://helpwanted.apache.org/
# # #