Greetings, all. It’s time to review the Apache community’s activities from the past week:
Support Apache –help offset the ASF’s day-to-day operating expenses and keep Apache software for everyone.
– Consider an individual contribution or corporate sponsorship or matching gift program. Every dollar counts. http://apache.org/foundation/contributing.html
ASF Board –management and oversight of the business affairs of the corporation in accordance with the Foundation’s bylaws.
– Next Board Meeting: 15 August. Board calendar and minutes http://apache.org/foundation/board/calendar.html
ApacheCon™ –the ASF’s official global conference series. Join us!
– 24-27 September: Registration for ApacheCon North America/Montreal is open http://apachecon.com/acna18/
– 8 October: Apache Roadshow and Open Source Job Fair/Fairfax, VA –Save The Date!
– Media and Community Partner opportunities available: contact email@example.com if you can help.
ASF Infrastructure –our distributed team on three continents keeps the ASF’s infrastructure running around the clock.
– 7M+ weekly checks yield great performance at 92.39% uptime. http://status.apache.org/
ASF Operations Factoid –this week, 505 Apache contributors changed 1,356,389 lines of code over 3,304 commits. Top 5 contributors, in order, are: Rakesh Radhakrishnan, Gary Gregory, Shawn McKinney, Andrea Cosentino, and Julian Reschke.
Apache Commons™ DBCP –database connection pooling services.
– Apache Commons DBCP 2.5.0 released http://commons.apache.org/
Apache Ignite™ –a memory-centric distributed database, caching, and processing platform for transactional, analytical, and streaming workloads delivering in-memory speeds at petabyte scale.
– Apache Ignite 2.6.0 released https://ignite.apache.org/
– [CVE-2018-1273] Apache Ignite impacted by security vulnerability in Spring Data Commons http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/www-announce/201807.mbox/%3CCAK0qHnqzfzmCDFFi6c5Jok19zNkVCz5Xb4sU%3D0f2J_1i4p46zQ%40mail.gmail.com%3E
– [CVE-2018-8018] Possible Execution of Arbitrary Code via Apache Ignite GridClientJdkMarshaller http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/www-announce/201807.mbox/%3CCAK0qHnrpBcaDc65bjdX1jEqr6L9a%2BOWcouC9P6JwEY1vh9gbhQ%40mail.gmail.com%3E
Apache Kafka™ –a distributed, fault tolerant, publish-subscribe messaging.
– Apache Kafka 1.0.2 released https://kafka.apache.org/
Apache NiFi™ –an easy to use, powerful, and reliable system to process and distribute data.
– Apache NiFi 1.7.1 released https://nifi.apache.org/
Apache Phoenix™ –enables OLTP and SQL-based operational analytics for Apache Hadoop.
– Apache Phoenix 5.0.0 released http://phoenix.apache.org/
Apache Qpid™ –a messaging library for the Advanced Message Queuing Protocol 1.0 (AMQP 1.0, ISO/IEC 19464, http://www.amqp.org).
Apache Qpid Proton-J 0.27.2 and 0.28.0, and Qpid JMS AMQP 0-x 6.3.2 released http://qpid.apache.org/
Apache Subversion™ –leading Open Source version control system.
– Apache Subversion 1.9.9 and 1.10.2 released https://subversion.apache.org/
Did You Know?
– Did you know that Nextens improved searchability and created smart relationships between its intricate tax law content using Apache Tinkerpop Gremlin? http://tinkerpop.apache.org/
– Did you know that you can improve query performance using Apache Parquet columnar storage format? http://parquet.apache.org/
– Did you know that over the past year, 3,280 Committers changed 71,186,324 lines of code over 222,684 commits? https://projects.apache.org/
Apache Community Notices:
– ASF Annual Report for FY2018 https://s.apache.org/FY2018AnnualReport
– The Apache Software Foundation Celebrates 19 Years of Open Source Leadership "The Apache Way" https://s.apache.org/gK4Q
– Read "Open – For Business – At the ASF" by Merv Adrian, VP Research at Gartner https://blogs.gartner.com/merv-adrian/2018/03/27/open-for-business-at-the-asf/
– The Apache Software Foundation 2018 Vision Statement https://s.apache.org/zqC3
– Apache in 2017 – By The Digits https://s.apache.org/h8do
– Foundation Statement –Apache Is Open. https://s.apache.org/PIRA
– "Success at Apache" focuses on the processes behind why the ASF "just works". https://blogs.apache.org/foundation/category/SuccessAtApache
– Please follow/like/re-tweet the ASF on social media: @TheASF on Twitter and on LinkedIn at https://www.linkedin.com/company/the-apache-software-foundation
– Do friend and follow us on the Apache Community Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/ApacheSoftwareFoundation/and Twitter account https://twitter.com/ApacheCommunity
– The list of Apache project-related MeetUps can be found at http://apache.org/events/meetups.html
– ApacheCon North America will be held 24-27 September in Montreal http://apachecon.com/
– Save the Date: Apache Roadshow DC and Open Source/Government/Cyber/Job Fair – 8 October 2018 in Fairfax, VA http://apachecon.com/
– Find out how you can participate with Apache community/projects/activities –opportunities open with Apache HTTP Server, Avro, ComDev (community development), Directory, Incubator, OODT, POI, Polygene, Syncope, Tika, Trafodion, and more! https://helpwanted.apache.org/
# # #