Hello, March! The Apache community has had another smashing week:
ASF Board –management and oversight of the business and affairs of the corporation in accordance with the Foundation’s bylaws.
– Next Board Meeting: 15 March 2017. Board calendar and minutes available at http://apache.org/foundation/board/calendar.html
ASF Infrastructure –our distributed team on four continents keeps the ASF’s infrastructure running around the clock.
– 7M+ weekly checks yield reliable performance at 99.80% uptime http://status.apache.org/
ApacheCon™ –Tomorrow’s Technology Today. https://s.apache.org/F7Hy
– Travel Assistance applications close 8 March https://www.apache.org/travel/
– Schedule announced 9 March http://apachecon.com/
– Early registration and hotel incentives end 12 March http://events.linuxfoundation.org/events/apachecon-north-america | Apache Committers: register using your apache.org email + discount code to save even more.
– Recordings from ApacheCon Europe 2016 are being uploaded at Feathercast http://feathercast.org
Apache Accumulo™ –sorted, distributed key/value store is a robust, scalable, high performance data storage system that features cell-based access control and customizable server-side processing.
– Apache Accumulo 1.8.1 released https://accumulo.apache.org/downloads/
Apache Any23™ –Anything To Triples (any23) is a library, a web service and a command line tool that extracts structured data in RDF format from a variety of Web documents.
– Apache Any23 2.0 released http://any23.apache.org/download.html
Apache Groovy™ –a multi-facet programming language for the JVM.
– Apache Groovy 2.4.9 released http://www.groovy-lang.org/download.html
Apache jclouds™ –an Open Source multi-cloud toolkit for the Java platform that gives you the freedom to create applications that are portable across clouds while giving you full control to use cloud-specific features.
– Apache jclouds 2.0.1 released http://www.apache.org/dyn/closer.lua/jclouds
Apache Jackrabbit™ –a fully compliant implementation of the Content Repository for Java Technology API, version 2.0 (JCR 2.0) as specified in the Java Specification Request 283 (JSR 283).
– Apache Jackrabbit 2.8.5 released http://jackrabbit.apache.org/downloads.html
Apache Kafka™ –a distributed, fault tolerant, publish-subscribe messaging.
– Apache Kafka 0.10.2.0 released https://www.apache.org/dyn/closer.cgi?path=/kafka/0.10.2.0/kafka-0.10.2.0-src.tgz
Apache Log4j™ –a well known framework for logging application behavior.
– Apache Log4j 2.8.1 released https://logging.apache.org/log4j/2.x/
Apache NiFi™ –an easy to use, powerful, and reliable system to process and distribute data.
– Apache NiFi 0.7.2 and 1.1.2 released https://nifi.apache.org/download.html
Apache Tomcat™ Native Library –provides portable API for features not found in contemporary JDK’s.
– Apache Tomcat Native 1.2.12 released http://tomcat.apache.org/download-native.cgi
Apache Yetus™ –a collection of libraries and tools that enable contribution and release processes for software projects.
– Apache Yetus 0.4.0 released https://yetus.apache.org/downloads/
Did You Know?
– Did you know that the npm registry, with over 100,000,000,000 package downloads, is powered by Apache CouchDB? http://couchdb.apache.org/
– Did you know that the following Apache projects are celebrating their anniversaries this month? Apache mod_perl (17 years); Maven (14 years); Struts (13 years); Jackrabbit (11 years); Archiva (9 years); UIMA (7 years); Accumulo, Lucy, and Sqoop (5 years); Bloodhound, CloudStack, and cTAKES (4 years); and Allura, Olingo, and Tajo (3 years)? Many happy returns! https://projects.apache.org/committees.html?date
– Did you know that Monsanto uses Apache Kafka to update 1M nodes in 90 seconds? http://kafka.apache.org/
Apache Community Notices:
– "Success at Apache" is a new monthly blog series that focuses on the processes behind why the ASF "just works". 1) Project Independence https://s.apache.org/CE0V 2) All Carrot and No Stick https://s.apache.org/ykoG 3) Asynchronous Decision Making https://s.apache.org/PMvk
– Feedback from The Apache Software Foundation on the Free and Open Source Security Audit (FOSSA) https://s.apache.org/romf
– ASF Operations Summary – Q2 FY2017 https://s.apache.org/oTOF
– The list of Apache project-related MeetUps can be found at http://apache.org/events/meetups.html
– Find out how you can participate with Apache community/projects/activities –opportunities open with Apache HTTP Server, Avro, ComDev (community development), Directory, Incubator, OODT, POI, Polygene, Syncope, Tika, Trafodion, and more! https://helpwanted.apache.org/
– ApacheCon North America + Apache: BigData, CloudStack Collaboration Conferenxe, FlexJS Summit, Apache: IoT, and TomcatCon will be held 16-18 May 2017 in Miami http://apachecon.com/
– Are your software solutions Powered by Apache? Download & use our "Powered By" logos http://www.apache.org/foundation/press/kit/#poweredby
# # #