Let’s wrap up June with a look at the Apache Community’s activities over the past week:
Support Apache –help offset the ASF’s day-to-day operating expenses. Every dollar counts.
– Corporate matching gifts can double your individual contribution to the ASF. Add the ASF to your corporate matching gift program today: every dollar counts. http://apache.org/foundation/contributing.html#CorporateGiving
ASF Board –management and oversight of the business affairs of the corporation in accordance with the Foundation’s bylaws.
– Next Board Meeting: 18 July. Board calendar and minutes http://apache.org/foundation/board/calendar.html
ApacheCon™ –the ASF’s official global conference series.
– 24-27 September: Registration open for ApacheCon North America/Montreal http://apachecon.com/acna18/
– 8 October: Apache Roadshow and Open Source Job Fair/Fairfax, VA –Save The Date!
– We are seeking Media and Community Partners for ApacheCon: contact email@example.com for details.
ASF Infrastructure –our distributed team on three continents keeps the ASF’s infrastructure running around the clock.
– 7M+ weekly checks yield happy performance at 96.42% uptime. http://status.apache.org/
ASF Operations Factoid –this week, 496 Apache contributors changed 953,779 lines of code over 2,869 commits. Top 5 contributors, in order, are: Daniel Gruno, zhangduo, Dewayne Richardson, Carlos Sierra Andrés, and stack.
Apache Ant™ –a Java library and command-line tool that helps building software.
– Apache Ant 1.9.12, 1.10.4, and AntUnit 1.4 released http://ant.apache.org/
Apache Bahir™ –extensions to distributed analytic platforms such as Apache Spark.
– Apache Bahir 2.2.1 released http://bahir.apache.org
Apache Groovy™ –a multi-facet programming language for the JVM.
– Apache Groovy 2.6.0-alpha-4 and 3.0.0-alpha-3 released https://groovy.apache.org/
Apache Jackrabbit™ –a fully conforming implementation of the Content Repository for Java Technology API (JCR).
– Apache Jackrabbit 2.6 retired; Jackrabbit Oak 1.9.4 and 1.4.22 released https://jackrabbit.apache.org/
Apache Kylin™ –an Open Source Distributed Analytics Engine designed to provide SQL interface and multi-dimensional analysis (OLAP) on Apache Hadoop, supporting extremely large datasets.
– Apache Kylin 2.4.0 released https://kylin.apache.org/
Apache Lucene™ –a high-performance, full-featured text search engine library written entirely in Java.
– Apache Lucene 7.4.0 and Solr 7.4.0 released http://lucene.apache.org/
Apache NiFi™ –an easy to use, powerful, and reliable system to process and distribute data.
– Apache NiFi 1.7.0 released https://nifi.apache.org/
Apache PDFBox™ –an Open Source Java tool for working with PDF documents.
– Apache PDFBox 2.0.10 released http://pdfbox.apache.org/
Apache Qpid™ Broker-J –pure java implementation of messaging broker supporting Advanced Message Queuing Protocols 1.0 (AMQP 1.0, ISO/IEC 19464).
– Apache Qpid Broker-J 7.0.7 released https://qpid.apache.org/
Apache SINGA (incubating)™ –a general distributed deep learning platform for training big deep learning models over large datasets.
– Apache SINGA (incubating) 1.2.0 released http://singa.apache.org/
Apache Tomcat™ –a Java Servlet, JavaServer pages, Java Expression Language and Java WebSocket specifications implementation.
– Apache Tomcat 8.5.32 released http://tomcat.apache.org/
Apache Traffic Control™ –Open Source, large-scale Content Delivery Network (CDN).
– Apache Traffic Control 2.2.0 released http://trafficcontrol.apache.org/
Did You Know?
– Did you know that Apache Feathercast showcases Apache projects and their communities? Subscribe to the podcast feed and keep up with the voice of the ASF! https://feathercast.apache.org/
– Did you know that you can watch presentations from the Apache Roadshow and FOSS Backstage at https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCLDJ_V9KUOdOFSbDvPfGBxw ?
– Did you know that Twitter is productionizing machine learning workflows with Apache Airflow? http://airflow.apache.org/
– The Apache Software Foundation Celebrates 19 Years of Open Source Leadership "The Apache Way" https://s.apache.org/gK4Q
– Read "Open – For Business – At the ASF" by Merv Adrian, VP Research at Gartner https://blogs.gartner.com/merv-adrian/2018/03/27/open-for-business-at-the-asf/
– The Apache Software Foundation 2018 Vision Statement https://s.apache.org/zqC3
– Apache in 2017 – By The Digits https://s.apache.org/h8do
– Foundation Statement –Apache Is Open. https://s.apache.org/PIRA
– "Success at Apache" focuses on the processes behind why the ASF "just works". https://blogs.apache.org/foundation/category/SuccessAtApache
– Please follow/like/re-tweet the ASF on social media: @TheASF on Twitter and on LinkedIn at https://www.linkedin.com/company/the-apache-software-foundation
– Do friend and follow us on the Apache Community Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/ApacheSoftwareFoundation/and Twitter account https://twitter.com/ApacheCommunity
– The list of Apache project-related MeetUps can be found at http://apache.org/events/meetups.html
– ApacheCon North America will be held 24-27 September in Montreal http://apachecon.com/
– Save the Date: Apache Roadshow DC and Open Source/Government/Cyber/Job Fair – 8 October 2018 in Fairfax, VA http://apachecon.com/
– ASF Quarterly Report: Operations Summary: November 2017 – January 2018 https://s.apache.org/UtBD
– ASF FY 2017 Annual Report is available at https://s.apache.org/FY2017AnnualReport
# # #