It’s the last Friday in February, and we’ve had another smashing week:
ASF Board –management and oversight of the business and affairs of the corporation in accordance with the Foundation’s bylaws.
– Next Board Meeting: rescheduled to 27 February 2017. Board calendar and minutes available at http://apache.org/foundation/board/calendar.html
Community over Code –we have passed the 6,000 Apache Committer mark! https://projects.apache.org/timelines.html
Apache Incubator –the hub of innovation for projects and communities intending to become fully-fledged projects under the auspices of the ASF.
– Welcome new podlings —http://incubator.apache.org/
– Gobblin: a distributed data integration framework that simplifies common aspects of Big Data integration such as data ingestion, replication, organization and lifecycle management for both streaming and batch data ecosystems.
– MXNet: a Flexible and Efficient Library for deep learning.
– Ratis: a Java implementation for RAFT consensus protocol.
– Community Voting now underway for new Incubator logo http://incubator.apache.org/2017-logo-contest.html
ASF Infrastructure –our distributed team on four continents keeps the ASF’s infrastructure running around the clock.
– 7M+ weekly checks yield solid performance at 99.85% uptime http://status.apache.org/
ApacheCon™ –Tomorrow’s Technology Today. https://s.apache.org/F7Hy
– North America/MIA overview: 15 May – BarCamp Apache | 16-18 May – ApacheCon Core (DevOps, Servers, Web Frameworks, etc.) + Apache: Big Data, CloudStack Collaboration Conference, FlexJS Summit, Apache: IoT, TomcatCon, and more http://apachecon.com/
– Travel Assistance applications close 8 March https://www.apache.org/travel/
– Early registration and hotel incentives end 12 March http://events.linuxfoundation.org/events/apachecon-north-america | Apache Committers: register using your apache.org email + discount code to save even more.
– Recordings from ApacheCon Europe 2016 are being uploaded at Feathercast http://feathercast.org
Apache Attic –provides process and solutions to make it clear when an Apache project has reached its end of life.
– Apache Stratos retired http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/www-announce/201702.mbox/%3CCALGG8z3ZAD6jO%3D_X5atr0E5DPbPYeSgZh8pG3u_Kcae4oPv%2Bmw%40mail.gmail.com%3E
Apache Arrow™ –a columnar in-memory analytics layer designed to accelerate Big Data.
– Apache Arrow 0.2.0 released https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/release/arrow/
Apache Bahir™ –extensions to distributed analytic platforms such as Apache Spark.
– Apache Bahir 2.1.0 released http://bahir.apache.org
Apache Commons™ Validator –provides the building blocks for both client side validation and server side data validation.
– Apache Commons Validator 1.6 released http://commons.apache.org/proper/commons-validator/download_validator.cgi
Apache Jackrabbit™ –a fully compliant implementation of the Content Repository for Java Technology API, version 2.0 (JCR 2.0) as specified in the Java Specification Request 283 (JSR 283).
– Apache Jackrabbit 2.8.5 released http://jackrabbit.apache.org/downloads.html
Apache Kafka™ –a distributed, fault tolerant, publish-subscribe messaging.
– Apache Kafka 0.10.2.0 released https://www.apache.org/dyn/closer.cgi?path=/kafka/0.10.2.0/kafka-0.10.2.0-src.tgz
Apache Lucene™ Solr –the popular, blazing-fast, open source enterprise search platform built on Apache Lucene.
– Apache Solr Reference Guide for Solr 6.4 released https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/release/lucene/solr/ref-guide/apache-solr-ref-guide-6.4.pdf
Apache Mynewt (incubating) –a community-driven module OS for constrained, embedded applications.
– Apache Mynewt 1.0.0-b2-incubating released http://www.apache.org/dyn/closer.lua/incubator/mynewt/apache-mynewt-1.0.0-b2-incubating
Apache RocketMQ (incubating) –a fast, low latency, reliable, scalable, distributed, easy to use message-oriented middleware, especially for processing large amounts of streaming data.
– Apache RocketMQ 4.0.0 incubating released https://www.apache.org/dyn/closer.cgi?path=incubator/rocketmq/4.0.0-incubating
Did You Know?
– Did you know that over the past week 7% of all Apache code contributions were made by someone new to the ASF? http://community.apache.org/
– Did you know that we’d love to hear how you #LoveApache? Feedback welcome! https://twitter.com/TheASF/status/831134005105979396
Apache Community Notices:
– "Success at Apache" is a new monthly blog series that focuses on the processes behind why the ASF "just works". 1) Project Independence https://s.apache.org/CE0V 2) All Carrot and No Stick https://s.apache.org/ykoG 3) Asynchronous Decision Making https://s.apache.org/PMvk
– Feedback from The Apache Software Foundation on the Free and Open Source Security Audit (FOSSA) https://s.apache.org/romf
– ASF Operations Summary – Q2 FY2017 https://s.apache.org/oTOF
– The list of Apache project-related MeetUps can be found at http://apache.org/events/meetups.html
– Find out how you can participate with Apache community/projects/activities –opportunities open with Apache HTTP Server, Avro, ComDev (community development), Directory, Incubator, OODT, POI, Polygene, Syncope, Tika, Trafodion, and more! https://helpwanted.apache.org/
– ApacheCon North America + Apache: BigData, CloudStack Collaboration Conferenxe, FlexJS Summit, Apache: IoT, and TomcatCon will be held 16-18 May 2017 in Miami http://apachecon.com/
– Are your software solutions Powered by Apache? Download & use our "Powered By" logos http://www.apache.org/foundation/press/kit/#poweredby
# # #