Farewell, April. Let’s review what the Apache community has accomplished this past week:
ASF Board –management and oversight of the business affairs of the corporation in accordance with the Foundation’s bylaws.
– Next Board Meeting: 16 May. Board calendar and minutes http://apache.org/foundation/board/calendar.html
ApacheCon™ –the ASF’s official global conference series.
– Join us at Apache Roadshow Europe/Berlin 11-14 June/Berlin –register for FOSS Backstage and you’re in! https://foss-backstage.de/
– Registration open for ApacheCon North America 24-27 September/Montreal (schedule coming soon) http://apachecon.com/
– Final call for Travel Assistance applications for ApacheCon/Montreal –ends 1 May https://www.apache.org/travel/
– Save the date: Apache Roadshow and Open Source Job Fair 8 October/Fairfax, VA
ASF Infrastructure –our distributed team on three continents keeps the ASF’s infrastructure running around the clock.
– 7M+ weekly checks yield "triple nines" performance at 99.95% uptime. http://status.apache.org/
ASF Operations Factoid –this week, 514 Apache contributors changed 856,181 lines of code over 2,887 commits. Top 5 contributors, in order, are: Stephen Mallette, Matthieu Baechler, Duo Zhang, Alexey Goncharuk, and Bao Liu.
Apache Accumulo™ –a sorted, distributed key/value store that provides robust, scalable data storage and retrieval.
– Apache Accumulo 1.9.0 released https://accumulo.apache.org/
Apache Jackrabbit™ Oak – a scalable, high-performance hierarchical content repository designed for use as the foundation of modern world-class Web sites and other demanding content applications.
– Apache Jackrabbit Oak 1.9.0 released http://jackrabbit.apache.org/
Apache Open Climate Workbench™ –a comprehensive suite of algorithms, libraries, and interfaces designed to standardize and streamline the process of interacting with large quantities of observational data and conducting regional climate model evaluations.
– Apache Open Climate Workbench 1.3.0 released http://climate.apache.org/
Apache PDFBox™ –an Open Source Java tool for working with PDF documents.
– Apache PDFBox 1.8.14 released http://pdfbox.apache.org/
Apache Qpid™ Proton –a messaging library for the Advanced Message Queuing Protocol 1.0 (AMQP 1.0, ISO/IEC 19464, http://www.amqp.org).
– Apache Qpid Proton-J 0.27.0 released http://qpid.apache.org/
Apache Tika™ –a toolkit for detecting and extracting metadata and structured text content from various documents using existing parser libraries.
– Apache Tika 1.18 released http://tika.apache.org/
– [CVE-2018-1338] DoS (Infinite Loop) Vulnerability in Apache Tika’s BPGParser http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/www-announce/201804.mbox/%3CCAC1dCwW1WG339h%3DfqMzjG4p0VdeoOe3q5qKM%3DQ7KUQPuLzS1RA%40mail.gmail.com%3E
– [CVE-2018-1339] DoS (Infinite Loop) Vulnerability in Apache Tika’s ChmParser http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/www-announce/201804.mbox/%3CCAC1dCwVvwLpJMi%2B-YYx%3Du_9YxZnMpd729Hy%3DB%2BBADXaCEpWceQ%40mail.gmail.com%3E
– [CVE-2018-1335] Command Injection Vulnerability in Apache Tika’s tika-server module http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/www-announce/201804.mbox/%3CCAC1dCwVhrPRyFJMS5BbY02%2B495CUODrAzndqZkvKacJnXUSm%2Bw%40mail.gmail.com%3E
Apache UIMA™ –a component architecture and framework for the analysis of unstructured content like text, video and audio data.
– CVE-2017-15691: Apache UIMA XML external entity expansion (XXE) attack exposure http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/www-announce/201804.mbox/%3Cfac969e1-6a15-186a-d49c-338c58a0b37e%40apache.org%3E
Did You Know?
– Did you know that Audi has adopted Apache Kafka as the data streaming backbone for all Audi vehicles? http://kafka.apache.org/
– Did you know that the Brazilian Air Force’s Air Navigation Management Center is powered by Apache Wicket? http://wicket.apache.org/
– Did you know that over the past 12 months 3,255 Apache Committers changed 71,186,324 lines of code over 225,500 commits? https://blogs.apache.org/foundation/entry/the-apache-software-foundation-celebrates
– The Apache Software Foundation Celebrates 19 Years of Open Source Leadership "The Apache Way" https://s.apache.org/gK4Q
– Read "Open – For Business – At the ASF" by Merv Adrian, VP Research at Gartner https://blogs.gartner.com/merv-adrian/2018/03/27/open-for-business-at-the-asf/
– A look at the "Apache at 19" promo at https://youtu.be/Fqk_rlKiVIs
– The Apache Software Foundation 2018 Vision Statement https://s.apache.org/zqC3
– Apache in 2017 – By The Digits https://s.apache.org/h8do
– Foundation Statement –Apache Is Open. https://s.apache.org/PIRA
– "Success at Apache" focuses on the processes behind why the ASF "just works". https://blogs.apache.org/foundation/category/SuccessAtApache
– Please follow/like/re-tweet the ASF on social media: @TheASF on Twitter and on LinkedIn at https://www.linkedin.com/company/the-apache-software-foundation
– Do friend and follow us on the Apache Community Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/ApacheSoftwareFoundation/ and Twitter account https://twitter.com/ApacheCommunity
– The list of Apache project-related MeetUps can be found at http://apache.org/events/meetups.html
– Open Expo Europe – 6-7 June 2018 in Madrid https://openexpoeurope.com/
– Meet members of the Apache community at Open Expo Madrid 6-7 June 2018 http://www.openexpo.es/en/
– We’re teaming up the Apache Roadshow Europe with Berlin Buzzwords – 10-12 June 2018 (Apache Lounge dates: 11-12 June) https://berlinbuzzwords.de/
– The 2018 Apache EU Roadshow will be held during FOSS Backstage in Berlin 13-14 June 2018 https://foss-backstage.de/
– Apache Big Data project communities will be participating at DataWorks Summit 17-21 June 2018 in San Jose https://dataworkssummit.com/
– ApacheCon North America will be held 24-27 September in Montreal http://apachecon.com/
– Save the Date: Apache Roadshow DC and Open Source/Government/Cyber/Job Fair – 8 October 2018 in Fairfax, VA http://apachecon.com/
– ASF Quarterly Report: Operations Summary: November 2017 – January 2018 https://s.apache.org/UtBD
– ASF Annual Report is available at https://s.apache.org/FY2017AnnualReport
# # #