"Success at Apache" –a monthly blog series that focuses on the processes behind why the ASF "just works".
– Contributing to Open Source even with a high-pressure job by Anthony Shaw https://s.apache.org/lM9O
ASF Board –management and oversight of the business affairs of the corporation in accordance with the Foundation’s bylaws.
– Next Board Meeting: 21 March. Board calendar and minutes http://apache.org/foundation/board/calendar.html
ApacheCon™ –the ASF’s official global conference series.
– Travel Assistance applications now being accepted for ApacheCon/Montreal https://www.apache.org/travel/
– CFP is open for ApacheCon 24-29 September in Montreal http://apachecon.com/
– CFP is also open for the Apache Roadshow Europe 13-14 June in Berlin http://apachecon.com/euroadshow18/
Apache Community Development –helps newcomers take their first steps towards being a part of the Apache community.
– The ASF is a Google Summer of Code Mentoring Organization for the 13th consecutive year. Students: learn how to get started with dozens of Apache projects at https://community.apache.org/gsoc.html
ASF Infrastructure –our distributed team on three continents keeps the ASF’s infrastructure running around the clock.
– 7M+ weekly checks yield sensational performance at 99.90% uptime. http://status.apache.org/
ASF Operations Factoid –this week, 550 Apache contributors changed 1,430,495 lines of code over 4,052 commits. Top 5 contributors, in order, are: Andi Huber, Jacky Li, Sean Busbey, Matteo Merli, and Tilman Hausherr.
Apache Fluo™ –a distributed processing system built on Apache Accumulo.
– Apache Fluo 1.2.0 released http://fluo.apache.org/
Apache Geode™ –low latency, high concurrency data management solutions.
– CVE-2017-15692 Apache Geode unsafe deserialization in TcpServer http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/www-announce/201802.mbox/%3CCAEwge-EA%3DarmRcEHu5R3zZhyuTm%3DZTLKHNJa5wPrsCYd3AeNfA%40mail.gmail.com%3E
– CVE-2017-15693 Apache Geode unsafe deserialization of application objects http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/www-announce/201802.mbox/%3CCAEwge-HwkgJoAUiCKj1S43OfcaU%2B47ZQkw%2BwkNmm0%3DJSH_Y5TA%40mail.gmail.com%3E
Apache Groovy™ –a multi-facet programming language for the JVM.
– Apache Groovy 2.4.14 released https://groovy.apache.org/
Apache Lucy™ –search engine library provides full-text search for dynamic programming languages.
– Apache Lucy 0.6.2 and Clownfish 0.6.3 released http://lucy.apache.org/
Apache MXNet (incubating) –a deep learning framework designed for both efficiency and flexibility.
– Apache MXNet (incubating) 1.1.0 released http://mxnet.incubator.apache.org/
Apache OpenMeetings™ –provides video conferencing, instant messaging, white board, collaborative document editing and other groupware tools using API functions of the Red5 Streaming Server for Remoting and Streaming.
– Apache OpenMeetings 4.0.2 released http://openmeetings.apache.org
– CVE-2018-1286 – Apache OpenMeetings – Insufficient Access Controls http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/www-announce/201802.mbox/%3CCAJmbs8jpHcih%2BA0nzrUQV8gkF65tCVLrjqiq26vLarskarScmw%40mail.gmail.com%3E
Apache PDFBox™ –access to images encoded using the JBIG2 image compression standard.
– Apache PDFBox JBIG2 ImageIO plugin 3.0.0 released http://pdfbox.apache.org/
Apache Qpid™ Dispatch –a router for the Advanced Message Queuing Protocol 1.0
– Apache Qpid Dispatch 1.0.1 released http://qpid.apache.org/
Apache Subversion™ –universally recognized and adopted Open Source, centralized version control system.
– Apache Subversion 1.10.0-rc1 released http://subversion.apache.org/
Did You Know?
– Did you know that the following Apache projects are celebrating anniversaries this month? mod_perl (18 yrs); Struts (14 yrs); Jackrabbit (12 yrs); Phoenix (11 yrs); Archiva (10 yrs); Felix (11 yrs); Archiva (10 yrs); UIMA (8 yrs); Accumulo, Lucy, Sqoop (8 yrs); Bloodhound, CloudStack, cTAKES (5 yrs); Aurora, Polygene (4 yrs); and Sentry (2 yrs). Many happy returns! https://projects.apache.org/
– Did you know that Apache CouchDB will be featured at the Women Who Code Boston meetup on 20 March? http://couchdb.apache.org/
– The Apache Software Foundation 2018 Vision Statement https://s.apache.org/zqC3
– Apache in 2017 – By The Digits https://s.apache.org/h8do
– Foundation Statement –Apache Is Open. https://s.apache.org/PIRA
– "Success at Apache" focuses on the processes behind why the ASF "just works". 1) Project Independence https://s.apache.org/CE0V 2) All Carrot and No Stick https://s.apache.org/ykoG 3) Asynchronous Decision Making https://s.apache.org/PMvk4) Rule of the Makers https://s.apache.org/yFgQ 5) JFDI –the unconditional love of contributors https://s.apache.org/4pjM 6) Meritocracy and Me https://s.apache.org/tQQh 7) Learning to Build a Stronger Community https://s.apache.org/x9Be 8) Meritocracy. https://s.apache.org/DiEo 9) Lowering Barriers to Open Innovation https://s.apache.org/dAlg 10) All My Roads Led to Apache https://s.apache.org/l9OO 11) Scratch Your Own Itch. https://s.apache.org/7Amk 12) What a Long Strange (and Great) Trip It’s Been https://s.apache.org/gVuN 13) A Newbie’s Narrative https://s.apache.org/A72H 14) Contributing to Open Source even with a high-pressure job https://s.apache.org/lM9O
– Please follow/like/re-tweet the ASF on social media: @TheASF on Twitter and on LinkedIn at https://www.linkedin.com/company/the-apache-software-foundation
– Do friend and follow us on the Apache Community Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/ApacheSoftwareFoundation/and Twitter account https://twitter.com/ApacheCommunity
– The list of Apache project-related MeetUps can be found at http://apache.org/events/meetups.html
– Members of the Apache community will be presenting at DataWorks Summit 16-19 April 2018 in Berlin https://dataworkssummit.com/
– Open Expo Europe – 6-7 June 2018 in Madrid https://openexpoeurope.com/
– Meet members of the Apache community at Open Expo Madrid 6-7 June 2018 http://www.openexpo.es/en/
– We’re teaming up with Berlin Buzzwords – 10-12 June 2018 (Apache Lounge dates: 11-12 June) https://berlinbuzzwords.de/
– The 2018 Apache EU Roadshow will be held during FOSS Backstage in Berlin 13-14 June 2018 https://foss-backstage.de/
– Apache Big Data project communities will be participating at DataWorks Summit 17-21 June 2018 in San Jose https://dataworkssummit.com/
– ASF Quarterly Report: Operations Summary Q2 FY2018 https://s.apache.org/j1GJ
– ASF Annual Report is available at https://s.apache.org/FY2017AnnualReport
# # #